Is the new update a prank?

johndeen33
johndeen33 Member Posts: 43
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

I don't understand this, the devs are nerfing billy. ######### billy. Legit THE most balanced killer in the entire game. Instead of nerfing something that needs to be nerfed like NOED and Spirit they nerf billy and knock out? Makes sense!

Nerf every reliable killer that takes some skill to use besides spirit(a killer that someone with 3iq could still 4k with in any rank), seems like a good idea.

Comments

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

Sorry to say it's not an out of season April Fools joke.

• Ubecronyx
    Ubecronyx Member Posts: 27

No hope is lost, the PTB Will decide

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

At least I won't be trapped in a locker by a Billy/Bubba with 99% Chainsaw now.

I hated that.

• LapisInfernalis

1) Dodging Bubba and misjudging when he starts the saw. So he ends up at 99% and traps me in the locker. Same for Billy but less common.

2) DS. And the killer having more patience than you think.

• LapisInfernalis

No I'm just creative when I try to dodge the killer. And that includes lockers. And well.... sometimes I misjudged the timing and got trapped.

I only hate they can trap you in the locker for hours. They do this on purpose, because after 5-10s I would have used Head-On if I had it. No need to stay there with the Chainsaw up until I get crows.

• gorgono1
    gorgono1 Member Posts: 43

Yes, an out of season April's fools joke. Just like the Nurse rework

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Ok, what exactly is that scale measuring.

Because in order to get a full picture of a Killers learning curve you need a 2d graph showing the Effectiveness depending on Effort put in.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

This is BHVR guys. Pre-nurse nerf, i said nurse, spirit and billy would be getting nerfed. No joke, I said nurse would get blink charges, spirit would lose collision, Billy’s saw would get nerfed somehow. Their decision making is fairly predictable.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

It's a simple demonstration of the idea of the skill gap. I'm just trying to show how when you only put limits on a character that no matter how good you are, a limit with nothing else is still a limit, it limits the skill ceiling. It also makes it harder to initially learn, so the floor goes up to.

Of course there are a number of other factors in every single game but the general idea is there.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

How did they nerf Knockout? It literally got buffed

and NoEd is the last perk that needs any change, literally break totems

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

Crap. I think you might have just stumbled on their upcoming Beginning of the Game Changes.

I mean, wouldn't surprise me at this point.

• xFAKExAxoN
    xFAKExAxoN Member Posts: 73
    edited July 2020

The nerf isn't really all that bad, it's mostly to deal with people that ONLY use the chainsaw to down survivors instead of whacking them with the hammer when up close or close enough to not justify using the chainsaw, honestly if you ask me, I'd be fine with or without the nerf it doesn't really affect him so much that you would have to change the way to normally play him, all it does is make the person using him think if it's really the right call to hold it for so long

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited July 2020

I totally agree with all the complains. He is not overpowered in my book and it takes skill to be good with Billy. What they should have done is nerf his "insta-chainsaw" and maybe a small nerf to his speed addons. After that, he would be fine in my opinion.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

We like Billy the way he is.

Nek minit.

We don't like the idea of exclusives and want to keep the trend of making cosmetics available to everyone.

Nek minit.

Yeah, it's hard to trust anything when these Devs say something then do the opposite.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317
  • Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377

Okay, I don’t see many people talking about this so I’ll add my own opinion. We know there is going to be a universal buff to killers soon, in the form of a slowdown for survivors at the start of a trial to prevent gens getting done quicker at the start, and maps are getting smaller.

Billy is a powerful killer at the moment, he never needed old ruin and can demolish a team within the first minute of a match. If we were to add the start game slowdown to the game, he would be very overpowered along with Spirit and Freddy. Not to mention that maps are getting smaller so all killers can traverse maps quicker now.

If I remember correctly, they didn’t give Freddy his gen teleporting power at the start of the game because they didn’t want it to feel like he spawned next to them and found a survivor right away, yet that’s exactly what a good Hillbilly can do AND at the same time instadown them.

Lets at least wait until the PTB to start deciding on this mechanic though, yeah? I for one think it’s going to be great not having to be stuck around a car loop for 3 minutes while a Billy revs back and forth until I make a mistake.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited July 2020

Not to mention, he also get change addon

Incoming something like "hit chainsaw give blind 30 minutes" or something

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

We don't know the nature of the early game mechanic yet at all, whether it'll be a buff or a slowdown etc. It wouldn't surprise me but it's still just speculation at this point.

Agree with you otherwise

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374

for me the most balanced one is the demogorgon

and billy next to him is a GOD

so... i'm not surprissed this happens

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

Devs: “we are pleased with Billy and his performance, we believe the better player comes out on top when playing Billy and a good survivor”

also devs: So were gonna nerf Billy...

• Kai6864

You are right, it’s merely speculation but I suspect it’ll be near to Scott Jund’s trial warmup, either way, the start of the game will not be in favour of survivors.

• johndeen33

Ok you see like every killer is powerful when you are good at playing that killer. (besides clown, he has nothing going for him). Nurse and spirit can also get across the map extremely fast and they are both (in my opinion) much easier to master (spirit taking nearly no skill to 4k with her consistently) so I just don't see why they needed to nerf billy, arguably one of the hardest killers to actually be extremely good at with still a lot of counterplay. In my opinion they should have just nerfed spirit, and left billy as he is.

• johndeen33

Demogorgon is very underwhelming in red ranks. You need to play like an actual scumbag to 4k with him unless you are playing against russian claudette mains. Imo he is the 2nd worst killer behind clown

• Kai6864

I’m not sure why you felt to comment that all killers are powerful? Yeah, killers can excel when you’re better at them but Spirit/Freddy/Billy/Nurse are no where near the likes of Legion/Bubba/Doc. This is because the less meta killers are usually only good at a handful of things- doc being anti loop and anti stealth, Bubba being his instadown potential and ability to down multiple survivors whereas top tier killers like Freddy cover ALL the bases, mobility, anti-gen, anti-loop, anti-stealth. Your argument about Nurse being easier than Billy is not a very popular one, I’ll tell you that.

In the instance that this trial start up idea goes through, it’s likely that Freddy and Spirit will receive some nerfs too, they would demolish teams easier than now. You can be with a Hillbilly and he can guaranteed kill you because firstly, he can just hold his saw at a loop so you can’t leave it, and secondly, he can hook camp you with an instadown... my guess is that’s really why the overheat mechanic is a thing, so there are less annoying And unescapable instances for survivors in a match. I don’t really think the Devs intended to mess with his actual chainsaw abilities otherwise they would have made him stop his sprint when the chainsaw overheated.

• LapisInfernalis

Wouldn't you do it, if you really get tunneled? Sorry, but I won't stay on the ground for a minute and then get picked up, because my mates are egoistic. And I'm really talking of tunneling here. Like when you get off the hook, and the killer just wants you again. No toxic behaviour on my part (I hate to play like that) or your mate farming you off the hook without BT. I'm facing so many tunnelers, I can't just not use DS because if I don't, I'd die.

This is why I use lockers for DS. That is not abusing. I just want to get some air after being unhooked. Not to do crazy stuff during the 60s invincibility. And if I try that crazy stuff (because we are in desperate need) and get slugged, I'm fine with that.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

They reworked Bubba and added a anti facecamp penalty to his power. And they just did the same with Billy. Only the ptb will determine how it plays like but honestly from what it looks like people are crying over nothing.

It seems to take longer then 10 seconds of reving before the chainsaw overheats. If you have to rev that long to mindgame a survivor your not doing a good job at it

Depending on how the addons will have changed, Billy may very well be getting a buff

• johndeen33

I don't think you understand this, but cruvesawing with billy often requires more than 10 sec of revving. Yes, it will not change anything in the low-mid tier billy gameplay, but this update makes already in my opinion the hardest, most skillful technique even harder, which is just absurd.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I'm not a billy main so i can indeed not vouch for what playing him at high level is like

But i highly doubt good billy's have to consistently rev up for more then 10 seconds to pull this manouvre of.

I could be wrong ofcourse. Would it be possible to show me a video of someone performing this in an actual match multiple times?

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Just here to point out that by this adjustment , the devs are discouraging the skillfull corner revving and encourage to just, in your words: backrub survivors.