Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Hag

2»

Comments

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@Flimflam said:
    [...]

"Gee I wonder why that is."

DLC killers are less played. Obviously the licensed ones are more popular - so it lets us with two killers, Doctor and Hag. The second one being really hard to learn and to master, yeah. That's why.

"Still better results than hag has."

Well, of course. So far I've seen like 2-3 Hag in their experiments, and they were ALL trash. While most of their games they face Nurse.

"Ah, right. Players that consistently get results with a variety of killers and play everyday aren't good enough. k"

You aren't good enough with Hag. That's a fact. Nothing wrong with that, I'm bad with several killers as well. Don't feel entitled because you're good with Hillbilly, Hag has a unique playstyle. There are a ton of great killer mains streamers, yet so far I've only seen ONE who is good with her (Diatech). Every others are trash with her, even if they are great at other killers.

I never claimed to be an amazing hag player. I'm just tired of hipster hags running around the boards pretending that she's some god tier killer up there with billy or nurse. All the while there's basically jack ######### as far as actual evidence of that.

I've seen hags win against rank 1 teams. I've seen freddy win against rank 1s. Do you think freddy is ok? is he balanced because people play him at rank 1?

Anyone can post vids of them winning against rank ones.

I don't see too many vids breaking down the WHY or HOW.

WHY was a hag win a result of her power or playstyle and not the survivors screwing around or messing up.

WHY does this trap placement work or not work, what makes it consistently perform that way, block that window, close that pallet loop. Why or why not was it not the result of a survivor mistake

These questions are pretty self evident when you watch a billy or a nurse play. Not so much a hag.

Sure I've seen hags TP and hit a survivor near a pallet loop. I've also seen a hag TP and the survivor be out of her limp TP lunge range before it finishes.

Honestly if we had more videos like that instead of stupid memes the DBD community would be a better place.

Okay, this time you're talking with some sense.

True, any killer can perform well in high ranks. Any of them. But at one point, some of them are being countered by the most easy tactics to achieve - semi-infinites and pallet looping. I don't think a killer should be reviewed on this fact alone (otherwise Hag would be #1 with Nurse, which she is not), however, it's the most effective strategy at high ranks since a casual killer can't counter it by skills. It's the reason why some killers like Wraith are considered bottom tier - because they can't do anything about that, except giving up the chase.

Hag has not this issue. She can punish every pallet loop / infinite, prevent pallets and windows, have an insane pressure on the map (thanks to her traps, she can chase back and forth) and is also a better ambush killer than Myers.

SpaceCoconut is currently making some kind of "tutorial" video about the Hag. Croquedead, Michi, me, and Spectrobyss, among others, sent him snippets of our gameplays to show the different tactics available. There will be commentary about what these traps do, and how to use them effectively. Hopefully, that will help a lot of people to get the basics. Everything else comes with experience and knowledge of survivors behaviours, that's why she takes months to learn. Prediction doesn't come with one lesson unfortunately, only with practice. I still consider that I have a lot to learn

If the survivor was out of the lunge, it's either that the Hag was too greedy for an insta hit (you need to build up your speed before, for ~1 second at least) or the trap wasn't perfect and the survivor wasn't pulled away enough from whatever you want to counter.

Survivors mistakes are either at mindgames (but sometimes their time window to react is pretty short...) or because they are too greedy to use Fractured Cowshed infinite, for example. During chases, a well-prepared Hag has less counters than Nurse (but unlike Nurse, she suffers a lot from genrushing, so you have to not make mistake either on your side).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6wSAmlyvK4

Take this as a first example. Perfect trap spot that has no counter during a chase. Mira Bear tries here to loop like her whole team did the entire game, but this trap pulls her away from the loop, enough for me to catch up and gets a free hit. Only way to counter these kind of traps is to trigger them outside of her teleport distance or pray she is too slow to react.

• EclipseDarkstar
    EclipseDarkstar Member Posts: 47

Honestly, if survivors get nerfed she'll be fine.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Hag needs a few touches but no movement speed buff even if it'd be nice. The changes it'd do are:

1. Increase her trap setting speed
    2. Increase her trap teleportation range if not remove this limit completely
    3. Traps no longer trigger while carrying a survivor.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Flimflam said:

I do play Hag at rank 1 about everyday, and I do face 3k hours legacy players that I consider to be "decent" at the game (if not pros).
    Her teleport isn't too slow to counter loops.
    Her teleport heavily counter windows.

You're just bad with her, sorry.

More words and no actual examples. Neat.

Lots of examples have been thrown.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMspG5QwGrs&feature=youtu.be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnefmgqNvxA
    Proper trap placement are actually VERY hard to counter.
    And it will be even worse with the vacuum removal.
    A window is pretty much insta-hit.
    https://youtu.be/j23Qu9YG6-E?t=72
    You have a few examples in a row. Not a single surv could use that window without getting hit.

I have nothing to prove anyway, I don't even plan to try to convince anyone, I'm just trying to point out things. If people do not "believe so", it's fine. Worst case scenario, she will get ignored/eventually buffed, which is fine to me
    Shrugs