The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Face Campers and tunnelers NEEDS to be addressed.

So to be honest i've only been playing for a few weeks about two months tops. A big issue seems to come from killers either face camping or tunneling people hard. I have two recommended options to help motivate people from this type of behavior.

Face campers. If a killer Face camps or stays within very close proximity of a hooked survivor, after a certain amount of time the hooked survivor's life bar (if you will) freezes. There should be no reason a survivor dies on their first hook because their fellow survivors are unable to get them off the hook. because the killer is that close. If a killer wishes to face camp well then they will face a team that will complete all five generators and open the doors before their first hooked survivor even goes into struggle.

Extreme tunnelers. If a killer hooks a survivor, then immediately goes after them once they are unhooked, half points. currently you get 300 points for hits, 500 points for hooks and entity summoned. Well if a survivor gets unhooked then immediately gets tunneled, the killer receives 150 bp for hits on that survivor, 250 for hooking them and entity summon. plus chase points and deviousness points that would get awarded if any. If the killer decides to go after someone else then no penalty.

Again I have only been playing for a about two months so I am fairly new to this game. At its current state the game favors killers especially if you are new the game. I feel like these changes would help players new to the game have a fighting chance. it would also make the game more enjoyable.

Comments

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

The only thing needed to be done with facecamping is adding a bloodpoint/emblem reward for a victim as he basically sacrifices himself for the sake of giving his team a chance. Otherwise these strats don't need to be addressed - tunneling has "antitunneling" DS and BT, camping is countered by doing gens.

• BBQ_n_Chillout
    BBQ_n_Chillout Member Posts: 6

Being as though you are new you will experience this at lower rank. Yes it sucks but the reality of the situation is that killers do not have time to do that if certain conditions are met. If the survivor getting chased first does not go down easy and wastes 1-2 generators of time face camping should not be an issue after that. If they do you will be able to complete the rest of the gens and leave the killer getting a 1k. Eventually that killer will grow out of face camping because they are not getting a lot of kills or points. It really is on the survivor to use their resources. If you do not like getting face camped throw more pallets and run more optimally, waste more time. It's dead by daylight emphasis on the dead. Not all 4 survivors should live. I don't think deducting points from killers that are already getting low totals due to camping is a reasonable solution. I'm perfectly fine dying so all three of my teammates can escape...this is a good result.

Tunneling is also not great but there are plenty of perks to counter that such as BT and DS...even bottled time in a med kit. Again it's all about survivor game play. If your team pulls you off when the killer is still around and you still have 15+ seconds in your first struggle state, you've all essentially wasted your time on hook resource and gave the killer that much more pressure. The devs give you plenty of play to escaping the trial it just comes down to you and your teammates being good and playing optimally. It's a PvP game there really shouldn't be a nerf every time less skilled players get on forums and moan about their plights. You say you haven't played long...well give it time. You will get better and laugh at stupid killers who face camp or tunnel for 1ks.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

I've been playing a long time... and I have to say that 9/10 times the killer is camping/tunneling because people BM'd them. It could have been the previous match, or the current match, but it's usually due to players being mean to the killer. Get survivors to stop BMing and you stop camping/tunneling.