Hillbilly nerfed. Now lets do Doctor!

Options
Cixon
Cixon Member Posts: 133
edited July 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Here's the problems with doctor:

-Blast radius is too big to compensate for any locker prep even if you're lucky enough to be 8 meters away from a locker. Docs blast radius is roughly 30 meters IN ALL DIRECTIONS even through a different floor level which makes no sense.

^This needs to be nerfed by at least 5 meters less because it's too big for a 60 second cool-down. Despite this, the noise prompt for his blast is too delayed and too quiet in most instances. This also needs to be louder.

-Shock therapy needs a 2 second cool-down to prevent spam.

Comments

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

Doctor is designed for high rank and is where killers should be..also his tr is his static blast..if you hear it then best be prepared..its not designed to be able to always be negated which is why its warning is more for making distance than anything, shock spamming also gets you nothing because your slowed from it..so now you know a tiny bit more about how doc works..

• Cixon
    Options

I know exactly how he works. Also, his slowed movement speed isn't an excuse because he can cancel his shock spam so that's out the equation.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

If he cancels he still slows himself he just gets nothing out of it..no offense but I dont think you know doc that well...

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 810
    Options

First, 60 seconds is a big cooldown, most matches wont last for more than 10 minutes(even less if against good survivors and depending on your skill level as Killer). As the guy above said, static blast affects all survivors on his TR(base 32). So if youre hearing the heartbeat, go away from it or find a locker, or use Calm Spirit.

Second, the counter to his shock therapy is to drop pallets early and mindgames tiles that break LoS with him, then he will need to guess where you are and you can also try to dodge it(kinda hard).

Playing against good Doctors actually requires some brain functions besides running on circles and dropping pallets. Thats why I love Doc and other Killers with different mechanics.

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517
    Options

You didn’t seem to understand it was TR base in the OP

• Ziazan
    Ziazan Member Posts: 12
    Options

Youre not supposed to be able to dodge that if you're in his TR. It takes time to charge up and slows him right down to a crawl, either run out of his TR when you hear him charging it, or you get hit, which has little practical consequence really other than telling him your rough direction. He's one of the most raw M1 killers in the game. The only things he has is info and mindgames.

• Honkerton
    Honkerton Member Posts: 24
    Options

Just get Calm Spirit.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475
    Options

Perk: Calm spirit.

Imagine, blast radius reduced.. the power become useless.😑

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
    Options

Doctor is not even that good lol, what's this about? He's below Spirit, Freddy and a good Nurse.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

Same, I am a doctor main now, I love playing as and against him. He is one of the most technical killers in the game and requires skill to face him. OP seems to not know how to counter doc at all. Wow, you got your location revealed, just run to a loop or just hide in a locker and run calm spirit.

• Cixon
    Options

Thing is, you don't know which killer to go against. Calm spirit is the ONLY counter and not a reliable perk. Too situational.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

You wanna nerf a mid-tier Killer who dont even have an insta-down. I think your playstyle is just bad for the Doctor. Lets examine the facts.

1. You can hear when he charges Blast, turn up your volume.
    2. Also what are you doing 30m from him anyway? If you are being chased then its intended. if you are not, Why are you not on a gen?
    3. You can easily predict when hes gonna use Blast, You can count the time from last or expect a blast after hooking someone.
    4. You even have perk that allow you to enter lockers fast/unhead.
    5. Shock is working as intended with spam, Its supposed to make you go away from a pallet loop.It litteraly does nothing, except mild illusions.
    6. If you have problems with Doctor use Calm Spirit, even if the Killer is not Doc it protects from Infectious Fright and Crow discovery.
    7. Its pretty clear from your comments you dont want to adapt your playstyle vs the Doc, you dont wanna use the perks suggested.

Consider the following, You might need to type in "dbd How to Counter Doctor" in Google, instead of calling for a nerf.

• Cixon
    edited July 2020
    Options

90% of you killer mains on this forum are so basis. 😴

1. Volume is up. Lol.
    2. Makes no sense.
    3. Fair point but shouldn't be a requirement.
    4. Too situational and what?
    5. True until you are taken to the mental state where you can't interact with pallets at all or even unhook.
    6. Calm spirit is good for only those things. I shouldn't have to rely on a perk to escape against a killer. Sorry.
    7. Not true, calm spirit doesn't do much if you're the savior in every solo Q. Docs just camp the hooks and spam shocks you on the nearest pallet till you reach the mental state.

It's good that the devs recognized that Hilbilly made no sense to zoom past the map without penalty. Billy was basically a killer car. No one would have a chance to survive a good Billy without a key. AND NOW, it's starting to feel the same with Doctor.

All killer mains have this same delusional concept with survivors that "they're all SWF" or "they all should be red ranked". Every argument I ever heard on this site always starts with "oh but have you played in red ranks?". Why would I make a account on this site if I wasn't dedicated to ranks too? Makes no sense.

Why can't I simply speak for the new generation of players who get on to play, not sweat? Survivors don't need as much adjustments. Why? Cause they're simple to understand and killers have a variety of add-ons that can twist how they play the game dramatically and their own special abilities to worry about.