The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

LOVE the new idea for built in Blood Warden

I, like many killers i'm sure, really like Blood Warden as a perk. The issue is that there are usually better perks to equip. However having a built in BW would be really nice because it would just feel better for the killer at the endgame point to hook someone, which then entices the survivor for the save, which then allows you to get other survivors etc.

On top of that, having BW activated as long as someone is on the hook, as opposed to a one time use for the first hook for 60 seconds is also real nice.

Not much really to say for me other than do it. JUST DO IT!!!

All credit goes to Shia Labouf

Comments

• 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171

Agreed. I think it's a wonderful idea for endgame, for both killers and survivors. It'll force survivors to prioritize leaving the match, which will mitigate matches being held hostage, and will also entice the killer to step away from the final hook, as they'll be able to hook someone else and prolong the BW effect.

It could make for some really clutch plays on both sides.

• Twix
    Twix Member Posts: 235

Wonderful idea as long as your positioning isn't given away to the killer. Sure, don't let Survivors escape when someone is hooked, but don't give me up if I'm hiding near the exit.

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@245_Trioxin said:
    Agreed. I think it's a wonderful idea for endgame, for both killers and survivors. It'll force survivors to prioritize leaving the match, which will mitigate matches being held hostage, and will also entice the killer to step away from the final hook, as they'll be able to hook someone else and prolong the BW effect.

It could make for some really clutch plays on both sides.

I am curious though, If BW does get built in for all killers, that would surely mean that Freddy will need a new perk.

I think that would be interesting to see.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Twix said:
    Wonderful idea as long as your positioning isn't given away to the killer. Sure, don't let Survivors escape when someone is hooked, but don't give me up if I'm hiding near the exit.

The position wouldn't be given away, as long as the survivor is on the hook the bloodwarden effect would stay up

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

@Zanfer said:

@Twix said:

The position wouldn't be given away, as long as the survivor is on the hook the bloodwarden effect would stay up

so a quick save or use of a perk to jump off and everyone escapes scot free. still a tiny bit better then nothing.

• Zanfer

@snozer said:

@Zanfer said:

@Twix said:

so a quick save or use of a perk to jump off and everyone escapes scot free. still a tiny bit better then nothing.

Yupp I mean it makes the end game more interesting cause there is more at stake

• IronWolf115

@snozer said:

@Zanfer said:

@Twix said:

It would still make it better than BW is right now though, plus it wouldn't require you to use a perk slot for it

• 245_Trioxin
    245_Trioxin Member Posts: 171

@snozer said:

@Zanfer said:

@Twix said:

A killer could use it to snowball the match in their favor at end game. If they can catch a second person and hook them, that BW effect will stay active even if the first person is unhooked. There's no time limit in this version. So long as someone is hooked, nobody can leave.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited August 2018
    "On top of that, having BW activated as long as someone is on the hook, as opposed to a one time use for the first hook for 60 seconds is also real nice."
    That totally sounds as a free kill to me...
  • IronWolf115

@Vietfox said:
    "On top of that, having BW activated as long as someone is on the hook, as opposed to a one time use for the first hook for 60 seconds is also real nice."
    That totally sounds as a free kill for me...

There would still be some counter play to it though, if the killer does hook someone and camps them with BW active, then all the other 3 survivors need to do is wait at the gate and then leave when it is done. It may indeed mean the inevitable demise of 1 survivor, but in that respect nothing will have changed because a killer will usually camp a survivor anyway if the gates are powered.

What this adds though is the option of a snowball effect. If a killer chooses to, they can leave the hook, find another survivor without fear of them escaping, and then hook them while the first gets rescued. The BW would still be active but it makes it less of a necessity to camp the survivor, just to get any reward for your labour.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    edited August 2018

Wait is this something that the devs are actually considering or is this just a discussion between people that like the idea?

• IronWolf115

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Wait is this something that the devs are actually considering or is this just a discussion between people that like the idea?

There is a part of the Q and A where I believe Horvath talks about BW becoming built in to help the endgame for killers. They all seem quite keen on the idea as well!

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

@IronWolf115 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

There is a part of the Q and A where I believe Horvath talks about BW becoming built in to help the endgame for killers. They all seem quite keen on the idea as well!

Oh that's interesting.

@ZombieGenesis said:
    They mentioned it on the dev stream but survivors will never let it happen. It's just another one of those things they dangle to make killers think they may actually get something. Some day.

This is how I feel sadly...

• Zanfer

@ZombieGenesis said:
    They mentioned it on the dev stream but survivors will never let it happen. It's just another one of those things they dangle to make killers think they may actually get something. Some day.

You never know, they talk about lots of ideas so you never know what they will come up with next

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

I have been running BW instead of Ruin at R1 lately.

Its main benefit is the element of surprise. If it was always a thing everyone would just leave before you can get the survivor to the hook or hide.

• IronWolf115

@Might_Oakk said:

Its main benefit is the element of surprise. If it was always a thing everyone would just leave before you can get the survivor to the hook or hide.

I admit this could potentially become a problem, but at the same time it may also become a form of pressure on the survivors that, if they don't get out of the gate quick enough, they aren't going anywhere.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I actually like this idea a lot.

I have always said this. This game needs more mechanics for both sides.

The game should be in phases. Find gas for the generators for the early game, repair generators for the mid game, and this BW effect for the late game could be interesting.

If they are gonna give killers mechanics like this, I actually am okay with giving survivors inbuilt kindred effect etc.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@IronWolf115 said:

@Might_Oakk said:

I admit this could potentially become a problem, but at the same time it may also become a form of pressure on the survivors that, if they don't get out of the gate quick enough, they aren't going anywhere.

Maybe they can give survivors scoring events like no one left behind. So it forces them to stay in the game and work for the extra bloodpoints etc.

• IronWolf115

@Delfador said:
    I actually like this idea a lot.

I have always said this. This game needs more mechanics for both sides.

The game should be in phases. Find gas for the generators for the early game, repair generators for the mid game, and this BW effect for the late game could be interesting.

If they are gonna give killers mechanics like this, I actually am okay with giving survivors inbuilt kindred effect etc.

That is actually EXACTLY what I was thinking, if BW gets built in, then Kindred being built in also seems less crappy for the killer because at least both sides have something to be concerned about.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604
    It should encourage survivors to attempt an unhook or they will get killed while camping the exit.

It very annoying to save a survivor only to find that when you hang, they just run out and dont return the favour.

It makes sense to become in-built and works for both killer and survivor.

I like this idea devs ^^

• Zaije
    Zaije Member Posts: 38
    I think the end game is the best part and this only makes it better. 
  • AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    I think its fair. I hope they make it happen, because it will require people to adapt to a new kind of end game. I love that idea.
  • Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

May not even happen judging by all the ideas that went into the trash can...

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    I love both end game ideas.. the forced 1v1 would be dope and the 60 second countdown! it would be true ending to a horror movie imo.. 
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    I hope I could see this idea implemented before or during the 4th chapter. It will totally make the game more fun as a survivor. I am getting tired of just doing gens, cleansing totems and opening exit gate. so this will make the game longer and bit more risky.

This will also be good against swf because if one of them get caught 9/10 they all will try to save.

My only concern from a killer POV what happen if the survivor you hooked was on their last hook. Would the Gates just automatically be block for 60 seconds or what?
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    As a survivor I can get on board with this
  • Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290

I'd be cool with seeing Blood Warden built in but I'd question what replacement perk would Freddy get? Blood Warden would be good as a base mechanic though because SWF tend to ruin the entire aspect of this perk anyway. One survivor in an SWF gets eliminated and then they just tell their party the entire killer loadout. Then if someone gets downed as the gates are powered the survivors just 99 the gate until they see the hook notification.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I don't think BW should be a basic ability of killers, it should stay as a perk, but they do need to make the perk better and easier to proc. If someone is on a hook when gates are open it should work, you shouldn't have to wait until they are open to use it.

• Saelon
    Saelon Member Posts: 7

As a survivor main I love the idea of it being in the base game. I think it would make the game 'healthier' there would be less BM because survivors would actually be too scared to stay around. Also it gives a great sense of urgency, that you have to actually escape from something rather than just wait around until you're forced out of the game