Bring back legion 1.0

I don't know why you make a 2.0 legion and completely make him fallen, and I ask you to bring back legion 1.0 to make him a viable killer. Legion is fine in 1.0 and he didn't needs any changes, so pls bring him back.

Comments

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I'm happier with new Legion, but this feedback is a typical "I never wanted to learn". Old Legion had several counterplay options. Noone mentions the possibilities you had because you don't leave scratch marks. There were quite a few jukes you could play

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762
  • GodNap
    GodNap Member Posts: 206

is not only counterplay, legion was also annoying af (now too but waaay less)

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

• GodNap

not changed in a strong killer tho...

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

While it was fun to play as, it was awful to play against. Do not bring back Legion's ability to down Survivors with Feral Frenzy attacks, unless it is done in a way that makes sense and is fair for both sides.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

As a killer main and a heavy Legion player... please don't.

• handfulofrain
    handfulofrain Member Posts: 317

Not sure why they took away the on-hit effect with Frenzy though. That didn't seem like THAT big of a deal.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Old legion's play style had no counter play to it, you were going to go down no matter what you did. All legion had to do was Feral Frenzy stab you, quit chase, and then look at the ground and follow your blood. Either Legion caught up and stabs you or you bleed out since you were out of chase.

• lordtomato
    lordtomato Member Posts: 204
    edited July 2020

I see, the main problem is legion can look down and the mend timer runs out, so the thing needs to be fixed is the chase system, not Legion. We need to find the original cause of the problem to fix it. Like you are late to school because of traffic jam and you got punish by the teacher but it is actually not your fault, it is because of traffic jam! And sometimes when in deep wound the screen is so dark and you can't even see, so make it brighter. To fix a problem is just not to kill it to finish it, is to find the cause and fix it. And yah, the thing I appreciate is the changes of mettle of man, the idea of it is great, just protection hit is bad. So devs fix protection hit, not mettle of man, which is a wise choice. Same as legion, not to fix him, is to fix the chase system.If most of you still disagree so I apologise because maybe it is just my personal and selfish view.

• xTalon32
    xTalon32 Member Posts: 413

I generally don't support a lot of killer nerfs... But good god man, no one wants to see old legion again...

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

"and I ask you to bring back legion 1.0 to make him a viable killer."

Old Legion was not even a good Killer to begin with. They took ages to down a Survivor, because you either need 4 Frenzy Hits (or 3, if you use Franks Mixtape which was completely busted) which take some time OR because you need to follow with 110% Movement Speed.

Since there was no Counterplay, Legion was able to get downs, while the rest of the Team was rushing Gens, since there was no point in Healing. So yeah, you basically get a guaranteed Down while losing the game.

• GodNap

you said a completely different thing before. You said that legion 1.0 was absolutely fine and that he didn't need any changes

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

Dear god no. Legion 1.0 was the most busted killer on release and NEEEDED to be changed. This is coming from a Killer and Legion main. Does this mean Legion deserves zero buffs whatsoever? Absolutely not, but Legion needs to be buffed in a way that doesn't bring old Legion back. I'd say start at lowering the stun time after Frenzy by a second or so and go from there, or make needing to Mend more threatening.

• Funguu
    Funguu Member Posts: 88
  • Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

I really enjoy playing as legion in their current form

• GodNap

infinite frenzy until you get a hit and the more you chain the less the cooldown you get

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Just for the moonwalk. Nut sure if with current Mending they still would. And the mending was the only thing that needed to change and most people complained about. But they changed the whole package just to change Mending an additional like 3 times because it did not work as expected and then they reactivated old Legion with bringing Nemesis. The Mending thing wasw the only big issue

• SunaIIanu
    SunaIIanu Member Posts: 815

I've seen it on Legions that didn't moonwalked.

And why wouldn't they bring it? If you can't see scratchmarks, it's a logical choice to run a perk that can help you to not lose track of a surv while you are in frenzy.

So no, I don't think that mending was his only problem.

Imo Legions main problem was/is that they have a power that could be very strong, so it needs to be balanced and well, as we all know, Balance has always been a touchy subject in dbd.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

As much as I loved the old Legion concept, he had way too many problems to be considered balanced. The way he is now is a lot more reasonable during a chase, it's only difficult to face Legion when you're facing certain builds or players.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited July 2020

They can't because there was no counter play. It was just a bunch of annoying nonsense. Hell, the player you replied too obviously never played against original Legion if they think not seeing scratch marks stopped them and allowed you to juke.

Legion didn't care about losing you because they were relentless. You WOULD be found due to blood, sounds, or not being able to mend.

---

To continue the anti-old Legion agenda:

Legion, the worst killer at the time, dictated how ever trial played out. They chose a survivor and chased then until they were down, which took forever, while everyone else did gens.

No one healed. There was literally NO difference between being full health and being injured. Similar to plague but at least she can end chases without having to hit you 4(3) times.

Legion ran Thana and their power ensured it was active all game.

Facing Legion usually meant you'd escape, but in the most grueling and unfun way possible.

Hell, a single add-on determined if it was going to be a yawnfest or a dumpster fire of bs.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Old Legion was so problematic and fundamentally broken, so no.

On the other hand, new Legion is legitimately terrible so I hope they don't stay like this either.