Gen speed?

Vantaral
Vantaral Member Posts: 15

I feel like gen speed is being much of a problem, yes there are perks on killer to stop this but it doesnt seem like it, the only way to stop the gens are corrupt intervention i think, like yea killer can still do 5 gen 4 man but i think i havent seen that in a while

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084

"like yea killer can still do 5 gen 4 man but i think i havent seen that in a while"

SHOULD the Killer get a 4K with 5 Gens to go? Is this something you would say should be common?

• Vantaral

No im just saying that its not impossible to play as killer and do nice game but in most games survivors can do 4 or 3 gens before 1 hook and that is really frustrating

• Vantaral

Man you didnt even caught onto the main topic, like yea sometimes its really bad sometimes its ok it depends i dunno i guess ill wait for other and their comment

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Right.... but increasing gen times would be detrimental to the game...

Survivors don't like holding (Insert your button of choice) for 40+ seconds

The devs either provide a second OBJ or (not do anything) all gen needing to be repaired... but let's face it that's not happening

OR

leave the two gens that aren't repaired when the 5th gen is done and allow the killer to "break" a completed gen or close the door and force another gen to be completed to reopen

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Yes, survivors are currently able to pump out most or even all generators as long as they're aggressive on the gens (even if you are ending all chases quickly/performing well).

That's why the developers are going to add the Early Game Change down the road.

However if the Early Game Change really slows down the game mechanically I sure hope the devs are planning to get rid of camping/off the hook tunneling as well allowing for a fair experience on both sides.

- As killer I don't want to feel like the game is a race.

- As survivor I don't want to feel like the game is a 1 vs 1 against the killer just because the killer HAS TO get rid of 1 survivor as quickly as possible to have a chance against survivors that do nothing but gens even while injured.

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

They probaly slow down the gens in the early game and also limit the amount of pressure the killer can apply.

So for example everyone gets in the early game unbreakable so the killer isnt slugging for the 4k at 5 Gens left.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475

The problem is Dwight perk..

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Gen speeds shouldn't be changed. The only thing the game needs is an early game slowdown mechanic/perk then the game will be perfectly balanced.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

One of the things the devs could implement to try to reign in gen times is simply to add the healing speed cap to generators.

For those of you who don't know healing speed is capped at 100% because of shenanigans survivors pulled in the past(Such as being able to fully heal within the default attack cooldown) which shut down that nonsense.

So if we add this to generators it would mean that generators couldn't be completed faster then in X seconds.

Just speed cap in general suggestion for both this and healing is to make the bar turn blue once you reach the speed cap to let people know that they have reached it.

• Vantaral

I dont want to change the gen speed too but this is ridiculous i like this Early game change but how much will it impact on game? and they need to balance it really good

• Aven_Fallen

Nope, not at all. I think people complaining about Prove Thyself dont understand what the Perk does.

It only negates the penalty when multiple people are on a Gen and only for 2 Survivors (not even full). Splitting up and doing several Gens at the same time is the better option anyway - Prove Thyself does nothing towards this.

It is mainly used for the Bonus-BPs.

• Jill10230
    Jill10230 Member Posts: 475

Why do I feel like when I don't have it, even with two on a generator, we're elephants? And when I use the perk we become jaguars ?

• Aven_Fallen

Sure with two people on a Gen and Prove Thyself, the Gen is faster. But if those two people would split up on one Gen each, they would be as fast as that.

Plus the Killer gets less pressure when multiple Survivors do a Gen Solo.

• Aven_Fallen

While I am curious what the Devs come up with, I am twisted on this one. Many Killers already do fine and the first Gens dont matter that much anyway.

And meanwhile I also know that there will still be people complaining how fast the Gens are done, because for some players, a Gen would need to take 3 minutes so that they would be able to achieve anything in a Trial.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I'm also curious what they do. For me I do fine pretty much every game as killer no matter whether its Freddy, Demo, Legion, Plague, Bubba, Myers or Clown. I agree the first gen popping doesn't matter but it's whether that first chase costs the killer 2/3 gens or not. Depending on the map the tiles can be extremely safe which even if you play at your best still can waste too much time. This is why I've started playing towards guarding a 3 gen every game.

Most killers I face struggle, unless they are a really good killer.

• Vantaral

Well i gues that devs can focus on late game and do nothing with gen speed like add some perks or some new mechanic