Community reception of a The Last Of Us chapter?

Options

Just wondering what yall woukd think. I think it woukd be really cool. The first game is on my top 3 best story games. Controversial opinion but I liked the second one too.

Since Ellie is 18+, for legal reasons, she could be the survivor of the chapter.

The killer could be a Clicker or Bloater

Comments

• DeanWinchester
    DeanWinchester Member Posts: 145
    Options

I’ve actually wanted a TLOU chapter for a while. I would love to play as Ellie! Or Joel. Or ya know, both if they’d allow it.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Maybe as a paragraph?

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833
    edited July 2020
    Options

Most likely should be J for lore reasons dont you think?

-The killer could be whatever to be honest considering the amoount of abominations in the game, about the perks i imagine being very easy if we use the game the capability to concentrate and hearing where the enemies are like the game being the most iconic.

• metalklok
    metalklok Member Posts: 632
    Options

i would rather have a dead space chapter

• JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158
    Options

It won't happen because Sony suckssss. They're getting better now but i know they're not at Microsoft letting banjo in smash you know. And Nintendo for sure wouldn't allow us #########. A Luigi mansion map?

It's dumb tho because it would be free advertising but that's where we are rn. I hope Sony will come around on the ps5 to ps3 Sony. Damn imagine if the ps5 could play all PlayStation games like the original ps3

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    Options

I wouldnt want it personally, but I wouldn't be against putting it in the game.

• Valor188917
    Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
    Options

Abby as the Killer would be fun to watch.

Not specifically because she'd be an interesting killer, I'd be more amused about the controversies.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    Options

Not interested and not needed. It's not even a horror game, just another take on the survival zombie genre. But I liked the chemistry between Joel and Ellie.

Behaviour has a great design and art team, the original stuff they create is usually better than the lincensed chapters.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

lol they can sure use the money.

cough

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

They're the antagonists tho. Abby is the protagonist, remember? : ))))))

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

It'd be pretty cool I guess.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Sure, why not? I'd love to see a Clicker as the killer.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621
    Options

Who or what the the big main evil malicious bad? The villain is what makes it all work. I genuinely know almost nothing about the games except a bunch of people hate the second one.

• DeanWinchester
    DeanWinchester Member Posts: 145
    Options

Oh lawd hahaha. if I could play Abby I’d purposely let the killer get me lmfao

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

I've never played TLOU but I'd be fine with it. It would probably just be an exclusive survivor for playstation, kinda like what they did with bill.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Yeah, nah. Not interested. I never really found TLOU to be a horror series, as more of another zombie survival "humanity is the real monster" story.

But then again, I'm also on Xbox, and I doubt that Sony would want someone like me to get a hold of their precious IP.

Left 4 Dead seems more like horror than TLOU, and we already have Bill.

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506
    Options

I'd be very happy. Just think of Clicker as a killer. And there'd be no deciding whether Joel or Ellie. It would obviously have to be both. But sadly I don't think it will come to that. 

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

honestly...nah...

naughty dog practices kinda killed my hype about TLOU. so I kinda don't want anything to do with TLOU for now...

and while that's a personnal opinion, I would consider TLOU an action game, not horror.

it just has clickers as the op enemy you suddenly can't fight normally...because reasons. But everything else could be replaced by nathan drake and no one would see the difference.🤷

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

Only thing I'd really be interested in from that franchise would be a Clicker killer, and mostly because I feel like they could get quite creative with it. It's a killer that in its own games can't actually see and has to echolocate its way around afterall, could inspire some interesting power ideas and perks.

The series lacks a monstrous main "bad guy" and I don't really feel any of the characters would really fit as a survivor in a setting like DBD though, but I'm sure it could work. But if I could just snap it into reality it'd be a killer-only thing like Leatherface.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited July 2020
    Options

I thought you were going to say Abby is the killer and I was gonna go on a rant about how she was better than ellie.

Abby was the good guy who got her revenge and moved on, she only killed the one who wronged her and for a good, valid reason, she then let the innocents live until she found out what Ellie had done. Ellie on the other hand wanted to kill everyone, they may have been there and showed no respect but they did not commit the deed, and tbh I wanted Ellie dead by the end of the game.

Therefore Ellie should be the killer and Abby the survivor and I am sure I am going to get flamed to eternity for saying that.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I don't see much value in a chapter spawned from a single-console exclusive. This is a game on PC, Xbox, Switch, PS4 and mobile, and only one of those communities has access to TLOU. The only thing like it so far is Bill, who is free and has actually been allowed on other consoles now, where Sony is notoriously protective of their licenses.

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519
    Options

Eww no

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 345
    Options

I'd rather have a Family Feud or Pawn Shop chapter than a TLOU chapter. The first game was decent but insanely overrated and I didn't buy the new one but after watching some playthroughs the storytelling/plot is sooooo damn weeeak.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I'd be alright with it. I'm not a fan of the zombie survival genres, but it would bring even more players in. We don't have a true zombie style killer either, so it would be some what unique at least.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

No thank you.

• PerkyPerky
    PerkyPerky Member Posts: 347
    Options

No. It does not fit at all.

Terrible idea.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

I'd be all for it.

Dunno what to go for as killer...

But like, imagine a Clicker killer with limited vision, but gains serious speed when they locate a survivor.

• Bunnyman
    Bunnyman Member Posts: 31
    Options

I am a fan of TLOU but NOT TLOU2. AND PLEASE STOP! I believe no one want Naughty dog cooperation DBD cuz If u want normal female characters like Kate ,Yui then stop talking about TLOU. We don't want any monster that muscle and size much larger than David King or even larger than any killer. AND Terrible idea, I say three more time terrible idea, TERRIBLE IDEA AND TERRIBLE IDEA!!!!!

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options

Meh? Unpopular opinion but I really don't think TLOU was a great game. A great narrative, yes, but the gameplay was extremely lackluster. It's one of the very few times I can say with honesty I wish it'd been a movie rather than a game. As is I can't claim it's in my most wanted for this game.

• MissRememberMe
    MissRememberMe Member Posts: 37
    Options

Sounds like someone is jealous of Abby's muscles... girls can be buff too...

• MissRememberMe
    MissRememberMe Member Posts: 37
    Options

Ok I never really thought of it like that. I definately didnt want anyone to die by the end. Ellie didnt want to kill everyone, just Abby. She was only following leads of people who she knew the location of so she coukd find Abby. Miraculously, she had to kill them all because they all tried to pull a knife on her. I still think Ellie is a good person shes just been through a lot

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2020
    Options

If you want a story go read a book imo. I am not into story games at all and started playing this one because it was void of all that

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,028
    Options

If we DID get a survivor, it should be Joel since he kinda NEEDS a game that respects him.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

I liked the first one skipped the 2nd one and wouldn't buy the chapter if DBD got it.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

Wouldn’t be against it. Clicker or other infected would feel weird since they don’t actively hunt or kill people but attack if people stumble to them..

Abby, Ellie and Joel would all kinda work. Mostly Ellie though.

none of the protagonists are only hero or villain, good or bad. That’s the one thing LOU has done pretty well!

• Halun
    Halun Member Posts: 177
    Options

I'm not really that interested. Everything I've seen about that game has been kinda offputting. It'd be a pass from me.

But hey, you guys do you.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

A chapter...no, a paragraph...YES.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    Options

Despite the Zombie theme, TLOU is an action game, not a terror one. No reason at all to join dbd universe...

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

while it is an action game, it is also a survival horror game and the theme would fit..

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I think your both incorrect. Abby showed zero remorse for the people she killed. Ellie looked like she was racked with guilt. Abby didn't even give two shits about hurting someone who was pregnant. Personally id rather just not hear about TLOU part 2 anymore. It's all people have been talking about lately. I didn't enjoy the direction they took so I'm moving on.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

The Last of Us Part 1 & 2 are the best games ever made but I don’t see how they’d fit into this game.

• TheLastGreatStar
    Options

You’re right. The Last of Us didn’t respect him by giving him a realistic death for the world he was in. I forgot he needed a big OTT heroic death so that the fan boys would be happy. Get a grip.

• TheLastGreatStar
    Options

And what is a NORMAL female character? You mean somebody who’s clearly been made by men for men like Kate? You don’t want NORMAL females. You want oversexualized ones. So say what you mean and mean what you say.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

A chapter from a linear adventure game? Nah I'm fine.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897
    Options

I can get your point. But when playing TLOU the atmosphere isnt terror... i mean, I felt no fear or tension. The main enemy are humans and the zombies are just like monsters of any action game.

Differently from Resident Evil 1 to 4, for example, where all is done to make you fell fear, since the sound track up to the gameplay and events like Mister X. Until RE 5 or 6, when RE became an action franchise (no more terror) with the FPS change and atmosphere change for action more than fear.

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488
    Options

Nah xenomorph would be cool too but its black so it's easier to miss while Wendigo is white so it's very obvious but idk

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    Options

Good luck trying to get Sony to allow TLOU content to be sold on the Switch and Xbox platforms.