Why SWF will never be nerfed or removed. Lol.

Options

Dude this forum site is so Killer based it's bad. You guys actually want to nerf a game mechanic that allows the community to grow by not allowing / penalizing players that want to play with family/friends?

This will NEVER happen because if they got rid of such a essential mechanic, the game would simply die. I'm willing to bet money that if BHVR added something to reprimand SWF the player count would sink by at least 30% and that's across all platforms.

Honestly, if it annoys you that bad, find a new hobby.😴

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Actually, BHVR is trying to make Solo Survivor experience much like SWF so there is no difference and then buff Killers even more to balance.

• Throwaway123
    Throwaway123 Member Posts: 183
    Options

Survivors: "This will NEVER happen because if they got rid of such a essential mechanic, the game would simply die."

Also Survivors: "Lol there aren't enough swf players to even care about, they make up less than 50% of survivors"

Either way they either need to buff solo to bring more parity and balance killers around comms, or nerf swf so it's not a literal cheating tier advantage

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

SWF are not okay, unless solo players are given enough information and coordination sources to match SWFs and killers are buffed to match that difficulty level. At this moment none of these things are the case and playing in SWF is getting a free advantage that breaks the balance and gameplay.

• Cixon
    Cixon Member Posts: 133
    Options

SWF has been out for almost as long as the game has existed. If the game hasn't died since that point, it seems to me that killers aren't going anywhere if a majority of them don't mind it.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    edited July 2020
    Options

SWF is OK. No one is preventing you from playing with friends. What is NOT OK is comms! Communicating with your friends during a match and letting each other know of the killer’s every move for instance is NOT OK! It is considered cheating. This is NOT how the game is designed to be played. It ruins the game. It is not fun.

A comment I recently came across on reddit which I completely agree with: “The game is balanced around survivors being disorganized and lacking in communication. Allowing them to organize and communicate breaks the game.”

• Cixon
    Cixon Member Posts: 133
    Options

Which explains one of the reasons there isn't a in-game voicechat. However, I think the main reason there isn't a in-game voicechat is the toxicity of players. Imagine how annoying it would be to get screamed at by a random survivor for not doing something they wanted you to do?

The current state of things are fine.

• stargazer9
    stargazer9 Member Posts: 649
    Options

No, the current state of things are definitely not fine but it’s obvious why you’d think that.

• Angerydoge
    Angerydoge Member Posts: 69
    Options

I completely agree with you that removing SWF would kill the game and it needs to be in the game but there is no denying that a 4 man SWF on Haddonfield is pretty much a game over from the offerings screen. I have said it multiple times that the problem with SWF is that BHVR cannot nerf it or change it in any way because it is a fundamental mechanic of the game. What makes SWF so unfun to play against in the first place is that they are all talking to each other. They all know where you are for the entire game unless you are Ghost face or something. The only good way that SWF could be made more fair is if they added an extra layer of matchmaking so that a specific SWFs players are matched with killers based on how well they work as a team and not on who the best player in their team is. This is Dbd though so this will never happen.

• GreenPufferFish
    GreenPufferFish Member Posts: 498
    Options

why do people hate swf so bad?

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112
    edited July 2020
    Options

It gives an unfair advantage to survivors. Survivors can play the game with their friends and have fun but it shouldn't be at the expense of the killer's

This discussion has been closed.