Keyboard and Mouse

So i'm curious.
I heard that Microsoft are working on the kb/m (Keyboard/Mouse) option for Xbox.
Will there ever be such a thing for consoles, i mean the game was developed for PC in the first place, so i thought that there might be an option to add it to consoles too?

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Runaway said:
    So i'm curious.
    I heard that Microsoft are working on the kb/m (Keyboard/Mouse) option for Xbox.
    Will there ever be such a thing for consoles, i mean the game was developed for PC in the first place, so i thought that there might be an option to add it to consoles too?

Thats not the devs buisness.
    Of course you can play the game with mouse any keyboard, but your console has to support it

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited August 2018

Yes. There is a device called XIM which will let's you use a m/kb on console (but it's not a true m/kb it just emulates a controller input). MS has also partnered with Razor to make the first line of kb/m devices for Xbox by the end of this year. When it launches in the fall, Xbox will be updated to have full native m/kb support.

When that happens I'm going to switch to a mouse for aim on all my games, but keep the controller in my left hand for analog movement. Sorry PC "master race" but WASD is garbage for movement. I play mouse/controller hybrid with Brutal Doom mods and it's the future of shooters. Only reason no one does it now is because everyone that plays with a controller only plays with a controller and everyone that plays with a m/kb only plays with a m/kb. M/kb users never think to even try a controller for something like that, and controller users don't have access to hybrid options (yet).