4 man SWF w/ 4 Object of Obsessions

Andevrr
Andevrr Member Posts: 32
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

i just faced a 4 man swf , all red ranks, with 4 object of obsessions, DS, BT. As freddy on midwich

That was the roughest game i ever played. Felt totally useless. When i would chase someone they will send a healthy guy to body block or distract. 1 guy will follow chase to do pallet saves/flashlight saves. Other 2 doing gens, when i finally hook one guy, which took forever because i cant mind game them. We can see eachothers auras fairly close. Not sure why.

Then they will switch out, heal, and reset and repeat.

Im kinda new to freddy so im not sure how dream world works with the object distance because of terror radius and what not.

Every move they make was planned out. And i had to play by their rules. Looking for some advice.

Fyi i know freddy has the blindness addon, but i cant use that for every match, you know what i mean? Or should i farm it before jumping into a game? Thoughts?

Comments

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I hate to say it but I think playing as Freddy against 4 Objects on this map there really isn’t a lot you could have done. Like you said, because the survivors become Oblivious when asleep, they can see your aura at all times and you can’t mind game. The blindness add on would have helped in chase but even then, Object on this map is pretty overpowered.

Luckily this is really rare, I don’t think I’ve ever seen four (or even three) people all running Object and I’ve been playing for 2 years, it’s definitely not something that happens often. Did they use an offering to send you to this map by any chance?

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Sadly with comms you only need one person running object for everyone to benefit from it.

The solution you burn time tunneling out the object ASAP. Easier said than done on some maps, especially new midwitch. Then face the post chat tunnel abuse.

I’d say Object is the only perk I take real issue with as its rife for abuse.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Unfortunately, those survivors are the cream of the crop or the top 1%. A team like that can make winning impossible against most killers (including Freddy).

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Freddy is severely hurt by OoO, once asleep you and the survivors have exact info of each other as you saw. This makes mind games useless, moonwalking useless, and lets them burn a ton of time by running away and holding W a lot.

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348

If ever there was a time to hard camp, this probably would have been it. Freddy is immune to BT as long as you hit the person going for the save beforehand. You can do this to force hook trades and bad plays since they're swf. Pick up the person that was just unhooked to eat the ds and hook the other one. Repeat process. To get your first down, you can still catch people without mindgames by spamming blood pools on unsafe loops and trying to zone them out.

They want to play scummy and in an unintended way? You should too.

I had a similar interaction as Hag the other day and I thought Franklin's would be enough... boy was I wrong.

#deleteObject

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

Last time I played a SWF with an Object user, they whined that I tunneled them.

Go figure. 🤣

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Why did you play it in the first place? As soon as you saw four OoO users, just stand by the gate and let them do gens. No need to put yourself through that frustration at their expense.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

As Freddy against 4 objects you are screwed. If you had run blindness addons or 3rd seal they would be screwed. You're right that you don't know when someone will have it so it might be pretty useless most of the time but if anyone can afford to give up a perk slot or addon slot as insurance it's sharp hand joe.

I had an object with a key say the same. To be fair they were right

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Not only that but they'll depip and lose out on points. Bonus if they burned 4 cakes too.

Yeah OoO should be disabled when in a SWF group of any size. It's just such an easy to abuse perk with an already abusive SWF system.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

"SWF just wanna have fun with friends."

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

HOLD UP! Oblivious makes OoO work all the time?! I thought it meant they could never.. stealth. Got it. Just realized Oblivious wasn't the same as stealth like Insidious and such.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

I've gone against a group like this with Clown before. I got 2 kills and I got told that they were using the tools that the devs had given them.

I shrugged it off and told them if they need it to play they need it. They got a little mad after that.

• Andevrr

from what i understand, (correct me if im wrong)

oblivious = no heartbeat sound from terror radius

blindness = no visible auras

dream world = terror radius becomes kids singing & blindness on freddys aura when outside of terror radius? is that correct?

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

@Andevrr Correct. I know that oblivious negates BT so I assumed it was like Insidious. That's terrible then lol.

• caz_
    caz_ Member Posts: 218
  • coppersly

In this case it is just the few groups that absolutely ruin the game that showcase just how powerful and unfun and unfair a SWF can be. I don't want casual groups of friends to be punished, but they shouldn't have the option to be so overwhelmingly overpowered either.

• caz_

i also use every 100 games 1 time OoO but i play solo.

you never can tell if you verse against a SWF or not, and killers always assume its a SWF when they see a OoO.

they just need to rework object completely its not healthy for the game.

• coppersly

Well I think with enough experience you can usually tell if they're SWF or not. If they're incredibly coordinated and hook saving extremely quickly and safely it's pretty obvious they're talking together. But you can't always tell you're right.

I wish they would change it too.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Odd, according to 99% of people who play SWF they just wanna have fun with their friends... but suggest a debuff to SWF groups and they whine that it’s unfair and they’ll never win. So are you just looking to screw around and have fun with your friends or so you wanna bully killers

• caz_
    edited July 2020

Do i really need to respond to that.

maybe people just wanna play the game in a normal way? how many times do you play against a swf who try to bully? now please dont tell me every single match because that would be a lie.

i play killer and im one of these killers who NEVER dodge lobbys.

and maybe 5% of the swf i play against try to bully and the rest are pretty much casual groups who play the game for fun.

just because its a casual swf you play against doesnt mean they need to give you free kills?

so maybe stop being so entitled over SWF get some friends play with them and have fun.

just because every 50 games you get a SWF with object doesnt mean everyone is playing like that.

or would you love to see survivors talking trash about every single killer player? i dont think so.

• Andevrr
    edited July 2020