Since Steve's perks are kinda awful, so here's my crack at a Steve rework.

Options

Perk 1: Babysitter

Survivors you unhook leave 80/90/100% less scratch marks and leave no trails of blood for 10 seconds. Once per trial, taking a protection hit while the killer is carrying a survivor will give the survivor a 5/10/15 % wiggle progress boost.

Perk 2: Camaraderie

If two or more survivors, including yourself, are hooked and you are in the first stage of the hook sacrifice, gain 1/2/3 free hook escape attempts. Failing these escape attempts will not progress the sacrifice.

Perk 3: Second Wind

Upon healing the equivalent of 1 full survivor, gain a token up to a maximum of 1/2/3 tokens. Upon escaping from a hook, being freed from a hook, or recovering from the dying state, consume a token and become broken for 45 seconds. If the broken status effect ends while you are injured, gain a health stage. If you are in the dying state when the broken status effect ends, you gain the ability to fully recover from this instance of the dying state. Second wind does not activate if you are already broken upon being freed from the hook.

I'm not sure how balanced or unbalanced these would be so I guess I mostly did this for fun. Either way, even if these specific changes don't get put into the game, I hope the devs give a little love to these underused (for good reason) perks.

Comments

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444
    Options

Everything seems interesting except your thought on the camaraderie re-work. We already have a perk for that one and it’s called slippery meat.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    Options

Camaraderie is a nerf, It's essentially half of Slippery Meat. (Only just extra attempts with zero increased chance to escape Bear Traps)

And even then Delieverance is a 100% chance to escape, you'd have to be running a 4man SWF with all the increased Luck to realistically get use out of Camaraderie.

• Vola124
    Vola124 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Fair point, I was thinking of maybe adding free escape attempts at the beginning of the 2nd part of the sacrifice where you normally can't escape. maybe even one when you're on death hook. I thought it'd be too strong that way though.

• ItzNobody
    ItzNobody Member Posts: 185
    Options

Interesting, in my opinion Second Wind is fine as is and is quite underrated in my eyes. It is a good alternative to Inner Strength, has amazing synergy with perks like Dead Hard, Off The Record, Breakdown, and We'll Make It to name a few, and is the best reward for altruistic tendencies. If I may, I would like to add a few tips to Steve's Perks as to why they need to change.

Babysitter: This will forever be in the shadows of Borrowed Time, much the same as Quinton's Pharmacy Perk when compared to Claudette's Self-Care or Nancy's Inner Strength. Since Borrowed Time is king for safe unhook rescue, Babysitter requires a perk change that involves looking after another Survivor in an alternative means. This will prove difficult as we have a number of perks that do so. Mettle of Man rewards you for Protection Hits, Empathy, Bond and Aftercare allow you to track an ally, Blood Pact rewards you for healing your favorite teammate/obsession, Breakout and Buckle Up reward you for looking after a fallen ally in dangerous situations, and of course Second Wind rewards you for healing others.

Camaraderie: This perk is just odd, the idea of being granted an extra half a minute when an ally is close enough to perform an unhook rescue. If an ally is within proximity so that Camaraderie may activate, what prevents them from committing to a safe unhook instead? I understand this may be valuable in two situations, when a Killer remains in close proximity or when a Survivor may not arrive in time to rescue you. Still, these two situations are quite specific and the former can be fixed with more popular perks like Kindred.

Second Wind: This perk gets a pass for being well enough to be used. Being able to self-heal while in a chase is incredibly valuable and the requirement of healing another Survivor is fair and balanced. Inner Strength may be Nancy's best perk, while Second Wind is without a doubt Steve's best Perk.

I would definitely agree that Babysitter and Camaraderie require a change, however perhaps they should be changed in different ways rather than buffing the numbers or effect they currently have.