If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

People disconnecting on purpose.

Options
Markness
Markness Member Posts: 242

Is there ever going to be a penalty for this? Just came back from a long hiatus after I heard they're revamping the game and all my games whether it be killer or survivor had at least 1 d/cer, and as a killer I had two games in a row where at least two survivors purposely disconnected (instantly leave while we're all loading).

I get how maybe some survivors are tired of playing nurse and hillbilly over and over again, but yeah, I am only hanging around rank 18 and this stuff has been happening regularly.

And instead of just penalizing those folk, perhaps we could offer them some rewards for staying at a high rank? :)

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options
    Not until they introduce a casual mode, remove game breaking bugs and exploits, get rid or quickswitching and get an anti cheat engine, not like EAC= easily applied cheat 
  • Slay___
    Slay___ Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 898
    edited May 2018
    Options

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1698294337784879162/

Never seen anyone complaining about disconnect ban on any of the forums (this or Steam), never seen any screenshots of disconnect bans either. But I guess they are punishing them.

I still see lots of people disconnecting on first time being downed or hooked - or just before last hook.

• Master
    Options

@Slay___ said:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1698294337784879162/

Never seen anyone complaining about disconnect ban on any of the forums (this or Steam), never seen any screenshots of disconnect bans either. But I guess they are punishing them.

I still see lots of people disconnecting on first time being downed or hooked - or just before last hook.

Noone is complaining because the DC rate is probably somewhere at 70-80% till they take action

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

I had 3 people quit on my because I was playing Clown on the PTB - seriously...why are they even playing the PTB if they going to do that...

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I would love to see numbers of who has actually been banned for disconnecting 
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited May 2018
    Options

@TeambossFloze said:
    I had 3 people quit on my because I was playing Clown on the PTB - seriously...why are they even playing the PTB if they going to do that...

"It's just the PTB. So it's ok to commit bannable offenses here."

• Master
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@TeambossFloze said:

I dont think you can be banned in the PTB
    Also there are lots of bugs, you never know why they DCed, even though the reason will most likely cus nurse OP or sth^^

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@TeambossFloze said:

I dont think you can be banned in the PTB
    Also there are lots of bugs, you never know why they DCed, even though the reason will most likely cus nurse OP or sth^^

The rules should be followed in any form of DbD, especially in what is meant to be a "test" area. When people DC it stops the testing. People also complain and DC on people who "tryhard" in the PTB, when proper tests must be conducted on all playstyles in order to ascertain if something is good or not.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options

Is that really the reason lol is that what they said in the chat after 
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

@ThePloopz said:

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason.

This game attracts entitlement.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    Mc_Harty said:

@ThePloopz said:

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the reason.

This game attracts entitlement.

That’s hilarious. “Ah excuse me sir we only came to play with our cosmetics and the new survivor not to face a tryhard using such an op killer go uninstall please thank you”😂
  • Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261
    Options

They do ban for DCing, it has to be a ton though.

I got hit for one back in march when I was trying to derank from 1 to 20. ( Queue times were insane )

• Master
    Options

@Zavri said:

I got hit for one back in march when I was trying to derank from 1 to 20. ( Queue times were insane )

I doubt that you deranked in PTB from 1 to 20 :wink:

What was the punishment though?

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261
    Options

@Master said:

@Zavri said:

I doubt that you deranked in PTB from 1 to 20 :wink:

What was the punishment though?

It was on live servers, there wasn't a PTB.

24hour ban was the punishment.

• HIPSTERLION
    HIPSTERLION Member Posts: 323
    Options
    I think people will get banned for that in PC . but in console you don't get banned at all :) or at least on ps4 if not Xbox .