Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Controversial: The Art and the Artist

BadMrFrosty
BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
edited July 2020 in Off-topic

I'll keep it short, but I'm interested in a variety of opinions on the subject. First off, I'd like to ask if people take the history of a content creator (artist, streamer, writer, etc) into account before buying their products or directly funding things they're associated with? If so, I've some questions for you:

1. Do you believe that an artists work objectively becomes better or worse due to their history? If so, why?
  2. In the case of the above question pointing to some truly heinous crimes or activities, do you believe that creators of generally loved characters, franchises, etc. should still have their work promoted or supported if it's genuinely good?
  3. Should the art and the artist be separated from one another when promotional opportunities or financial gains can be made off of their work?
  4. Should all those associated with said creator be given free reign to promote and include their products in promotions without being the target of false narratives? As an example: "X creator had a history of domestic violence, therefore this company supports that behavior by promoting their work.

Try to answer these as objectively and logically as possible. For me personally, I would ideally prefer a world that allowed loved franchises, characters, etc. to continue forward if they are genuinely good in spite of the creator's past history. I'm a man of art, and hate to see something I love dragged down by the unfortunate mistakes of the creator when applicable.