The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What if survivors die with 2 hooks only

What if survivors die with 2 hooks only instead of 3 that is right now but will keep the timer to 2 minutes. 

Comments

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Will be nice but just wait untill that change.Survs die like crazy becose killers start hard patrol hooked surv and just wait untill somone unhook him.And if you see this survs start cry this is not fun! And only nerfs for survs and so on.
  • CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

@Greater_Cultist said:

@DarkGGhost said:
    What if survivors die with 2 hooks only instead of 3 that is right now but will keep the timer to 2 minutes. 

That's going slightly overboard considering how easy it is to get farmed by a teammate, it would also make a snowball much easier to achieve.

Imo I don't think this is the buff that killers need.

It isn't the buff killers need. Actually, it has more to do with the overall game's mechanics that need readjusting. Killers aren't hindered because they are weak, they are actually hindered because the game's mechanics make them weak. Like I wonder how strong Freddy would be if games weren't able to be ended in less than 4 minutes due to how fast the gen can be completed which is a game mechanic.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Over-powered.

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@DarkGGhost said:

then i leave DBD forever since you would just tunnel me if i got unhooked for the kill

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Please no
  • DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    The think is right now if a killer camp you you die no matter what you do and if a killer want you dead he/she can make sure you die ( of course he/she lose the game ). So the chance I say will only make the game more claver because every save will matter. And besides the way the make the hook it becomes more save with every patch. 
  • DarkGGhost
    And don't forget this will make killers go away because they know if the leave the hook when and if the find the same survivor again he/she will die . For my point of view this make the game more rewarding.
  • XDevilishFurryX
    XDevilishFurryX Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2018
    The survivor side of me says Hell no!
    The killer side of me says Hell yeah!
    XD

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    The big issue isn't with how many hooks it takes. I think a lot could be fixed by eliminating or greatly shortening the big loops, like building loops, cow tree etc. Because chase time can sometimes reach a minute or more the slim time the killers have is not enough. If chases are shorter and more reliant on losing and juking the killer instead of just finding the next pallet, the killer would have more time to do everything. Plus I wouldn't mind seeing the killer shack only having the pallet if the basement is there. So the times it's not there, it's not a massive loop with zero downsides whatsoever.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

then i leave DBD forever since you would just tunnel me if i got unhooked for the kill

Funny, but this is what I am always blamed for, even though you die in 3 hooks atm

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

Jokes on you, I play solo 80% of the time and die on 1 hook. Take that!

• FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    It would take 8 hooks in total to swipe a team but now it take 12 hooks... I think it would be welcome change cuz you would play survivor more stealthier and carefully. 
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@Master said:

@DarkGGhost said:

Dont think thats necessary.
    Just remove SWF from ranked and increase gentime a lil bit. Oh and fix the insane loops.
    Then the game is in a real good state

If you remove SWF then you aren’t gonna have a playerbase left. The game will die. You aren’t even going to have anybody in your lobbies at that point. Removing SWF would be the dumbest decision the devs could make and they’ll never do it because it’ll kill the game

• Master

@MegMain98 said:

@Master said:

@DarkGGhost said:

Just remove SWF from ranked and increase gentime a lil bit. Oh and fix the insane loops.

If you remove SWF then you aren’t gonna have a playerbase left. The game will die. You aren’t even going to have anybody in your lobbies at that point. Removing SWF would be the dumbest decision the devs could make and they’ll never do it because it’ll kill the game

From ranked, not from the whole game.
    Either balance the game around SWF or remove it from ranked and make it casual-only. There are no other options

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

@Master said:

@MegMain98 said:

@Master said:

@DarkGGhost said:

From ranked, not from the whole game.
    Either balance the game around SWF or remove it from ranked and make it casual-only. There are no other options

So only SWF in KYF? Not gonna work. It’s just that simple that the game will die. Over half the playbase will be gone. The devs are smart enough not to remove it because they know it’ll destroy the game. Only killer mains will be happy and it and all the survivors will disappear and you’ll be left with about only 20% of the playbase they had. It’s not a smart decision.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    Killer Me: Did they just unhook when I was 6 meters away ;-;

Survivor me: did that idiot unhook me in front of the killer?!?
  • @Mycroft said:
    SWF should not be ranked. Period, point blank. If you want to rank up, roll solo.

• Depy
    Depy Member Posts: 23

This would be way to overpowerd, killers wil start hard patroling hooked survivors and kill them fast and easily, this would be a really bad addition to the game and would put it in a even worse and unbalanced place. atm the game is at a good state, atleest for dbd's standards

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

I'd rather get the old hook timer time, it was more tense and survivors had to make quick choices.

Instead of now where they can finish a gen peacefully while the hooked one just wait for the next hook stage.

And often be farmed at the end of it.

After all devs justified this change with : "We have made several changes to make the hook an happier place"

LUL

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

Why stop at two hooks? why not just one?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@CornChip said:

Honestly, with how long it takes to catch a single Survivor, sometimes it feels like it should just take one hook. However, it'd seriously ######### over new players.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Then they'll probably make it so Survivors take 3 hits to go down instead of 2.

• CornChip

@Orion said:

@CornChip said:

Honestly, with how long it takes to catch a single Survivor, sometimes it feels like it should just take one hook. However, it'd seriously [BAD WORD] over new players.

Then we could buff moris to have an effect like Myers tombstone.. Down a survivor in bloodlust get an insta mori

• Master

@Giche said:
    I'd rather get the old hook timer time, it was more tense and survivors had to make quick choices.

Instead of now where they can finish a gen peacefully while the hooked one just wait for the next hook stage.

And often be farmed at the end of it.

After all devs justified this change with : "We have made several changes to make the hook an happier place"

LUL

LUL indeed, sometimes you really wonder whether you purchased an horror game or some kids game

• kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137

Reworking the maps i.e. fixing horrible window loops, closely spawned pallet towns etc would fix most of the balance issues in my opinion. Oh, and nerf DS to hell. That is all the buffs the killer needs. Rest of the mechanics is fine as it is and nerfing them could create huge imbalance between high and low ranks making the game a horrible experience for new/casual survivors.

• Chroma
    Chroma Member Posts: 37

killers would basically just have a built in ebony mori if this happened

• DarkGGhost
    The problem with the game is survivors are op af and when they lose are cry about everything. So by doing death hook 2 instead of 3 will solve 2 big problems. 1) they will stop the farm on hook and 2) killer can go and try to find others survivors because they know if they catch agaua the same survivor he/she will die. 
  • TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

I would rather have a single green mori built into the killers kit. A single chance to kill 1 and only 1 survivor after they have been hooked. It should be something to help eliminate the greatest threat to ease pressure off the killer but to have all die on the 2ed hook is a little too much. An ebony mori for example that does just that is usually always a 4k. You also have to remember lower ranks would just crumble to this kinda power.

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

i would like dismeber part of survivor, like legs or arms.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

It is basically giving killers an ebony mori for all the matches.

It is the definition of being overpowered.

• Orion

@Delfador said:

Memento Mori don't require you to carry a Survivor to the hook a second time, which eats up precious time.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Orion said:

@Delfador said:

Memento Mori don't require you to carry a Survivor to the hook a second time, which eats up precious time.

Yeah but it takes 10 seconds.

Game is unbalanced but not that much imo. + there are killers like nurse and hillbilly who get 4k consistently.

The game is unfun because of how short it is. This suggestion will make the game even shorter which is a mistake. Also it doesn't require the killer to put something into the game. It is a plain buff with no drawbacks.

The game is really hard if you try to play fairly. Hexy for example does anything to win the game and gets 4k with the weakest killers like Freddy, Wraith, Pig almost in every game.

We need more consistent, longer games in order to balance this game and make it more fun.

• Orion

@Delfador said:

@Orion said:

@Delfador said:

Game is unbalanced but not that much imo. + there are killers like nurse and hillbilly who get 4k consistently.

The game is unfun because of how short it is. This suggestion will make the game even shorter which is a mistake. Also it doesn't require the killer to put something into the game. It is a plain buff with no drawbacks.

The game is really hard if you try to play fairly. Hexy for example does anything to win the game and gets 4k with the weakest killers like Freddy, Wraith, Pig almost in every game.

We need more consistent, longer games in order to balance this game and make it more fun.

The game is short because Survivors don't have enough objectives that are worth doing, resulting in gen rush. A band-aid fix would be to make it so it takes less time to kill them.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Orion said:

@Delfador said:

@Orion said:

@Delfador said:

The game is short because Survivors don't have enough objectives that are worth doing, resulting in gen rush. A band-aid fix would be to make it so it takes less time to kill them.

Billy getting consistent 4 mans? Nah meng lol. Make it so survivors do gens 90%slower for 3 minutes after getting hooked. For start.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@DarkGGhost said:
    The problem with the game is survivors are op af and when they lose are cry about everything. So by doing death hook 2 instead of 3 will solve 2 big problems. 1) they will stop the farm on hook and 2) killer can go and try to find others survivors because they know if they catch agaua the same survivor he/she will die. 

The problem is both sides have people who cry about everything not just one side and this post is a perfect example of it.

1. No it won't the killers that camp will camp regardless and nothing will change that. The jerks that do it to be toxic will still do it.

2. They do that anyways since if someones unhooked they tunnel them since it's a stage 2 hook. They know someone will try for an unsafe hook and it's an instant sac or they get another person on hook and that unhooked person is fresh meat.

Lastly all it'll do is increase unsafe hook farming with WGLF since the killer will just wait the 10 seconds then go for the down. The same as they do now, they simply chase the survivor and down them.

• DarkGGhost

@powerbats so what you suggest in order to make the game more balance ?

• Orion

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Billy getting consistent 4 mans? Nah meng lol. Make it so survivors do gens 90%slower for 3 minutes after getting hooked. For start.

More like Survivors playing smarter instead of acting like they have infinite lives. Your suggestion would give everyone carpal tunnel.

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599

As much as I would love this (I'm a killer main btw), I think it is too much of a buff. 3 hooks, yes, can make it frustrating for killers, especially if you don't tunnel or camp, but it also promotes a more competitive game. You can see in games that if someone, even if it's only one person, is 2 hooked rather than 3 hooked, the game is extremely easier for killer. The best way to further buff killers without throwing away balance is to give survivors other objectives, which is what the devs are looking into.

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Orion said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

More like Survivors playing smarter instead of acting like they have infinite lives. Your suggestion would give everyone carpal tunnel.

Word, idk a billy that consistently 4 mans unless survivors are doing some dumb stuff, even in rank 1.
  • powerbats

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Orion said:

@Dabrownman1812 said:

Word, idk a billy that consistently 4 mans unless survivors are doing some dumb stuff, even in rank 1.

Billy's that used the tinkerer exploit were for awhile the most popular at rank 1 over even nurse.

• powerbats

@DarkGGhost said:
    @powerbats so what you suggest in order to make the game more balance ?

I've made several suggestions in many different threads, some my own some not. Some are solid while others just won't work out. I've suggested objectives like gas or parts before to spice things up for both sides.

• HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
    If that ever happened I can see 4k in every match in roughly 5 minutes or less..that's a very bad idea
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    HuN7r3sS said:
    If that ever happened I can see 4k in every match in roughly 5 minutes or less..that's a very bad idea
    Yup, some people have been complaining about short matches and yet some of these ones are supporting this.
    Gotta love dbd forums.
  • Orion

@Vietfox said:
    Yup, some people have been complaining about short matches and yet some of these ones are supporting this.
    Gotta love dbd forums.

The game is short because Survivors lack objectives, resulting in gen rush. A simple band-aid fix would be to shorten the Killer's objectives as well, and then put them back if and when Survivors have more objectives.

• CornChip

So what your saying is.. nerf survivors?