The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Metas, Gameplay, and You

XeroIdea
XeroIdea Member Posts: 41

Its getting to the point again for me with this game, probably others too, where the game is now boring. Ever since the game came out till now, its had its ups and downs. We are now on year 4 of this game but at this point, I feel like I'm playing the COD series which I dropped off at Black Ops 1 because just became repetitive and boring. That same feeling is happening now.

First let me point out the metas, that appear to be mainly used right now in the game. If you're a killer and you're NOT using the perk bbq and chili, apparently, you're bad (despite the fact that I don't use it at all and can get to rank 1). Also within the more recent months of this year, camping/face camping have become worse? I say with a question only because I tend to get pair against a fair amount of people who like to camp. Oh yeah and I almost forgot that with killer metas, a lot of people who use 1HKO killers need NOED, for some reason or another.

As for Survivors it's pretty simple, decisive strike and gen rush. Yeah that really is about it for the survivor side. The gen rushing though is probably the worst part honestly. I have been pair up against survivors for the past few months, where all they do is gen rush, then leave. The game is so short that it then isn't even fun anymore. Oh and not to mention the hatch, or what I have started to refer to it as "the mouse hole". It's like a game is going well on both side but then after to kills or sacrifices the remaining two survivors then dip out using the hatch. Game ends as another short match.

I play on both sides of the coin and I gotta say this "Meta" style of play has been ruining games for a while now and is only becoming more and more obnoxious. I remember when people used to play games to have FUN and didn't care what a meta was. So BHVR, come this special update that keeps getting talked about that will "update" the game, lets see what it brings. If nothing actually changes all that much and it's still the boring gameplay that it is now, then no thank you.

This may seem kind of rant-like and yeah it kinda of is, but the encouragement of a gameplay change through the community seems like a better idea than trying to talk with the boneheads of BHVR. If you want to continue discussion around this please do, if not then feel free to read and then continue on your day.

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,736

honestly when the game gets stale your best bet is to take a quick break. it doesnt sound like it but 4 days had me actually enjoying playing killer again (survivor not so much but what can you do lol).

also playing outside of the meta by yourself is actually also incredibly fun. like i still use DS and PGTW respectively just because they're so strong but experimenting with perks like Surge, I'm All Ears, Head On, Inner Strength (which can't be meta ever because the more it's used the worse it gets lol) Surveillance, Kindred, can be really freeing. All are strong perks in their own regard and can breathe new life into your playstyle and your enjoyment.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Every game has a "Meta" style of gaming.

It is what it is.

Every game.