Disconnect on killer

I play on ps4 and when the killer turns off the internet on thier end we loose all progress on our side. It is very hard to get to low rank because of this. The killer get no regression for this. Amother question is on campers we as survivers get birds so campers should jave regressed speed where we can get the players off the hook. 

Comments

• Saint_Judas
    Saint_Judas Member Posts: 43

Well see, the thing about campers is... the easiest way to deal with a camper is to forget the survivor on the hook exists at all. As that guy on the hook (speaking from experience) it sucks, tremendously, but literally if that one guy doesn't struggle and just makes the camper wait him out the entire time it takes to sacrifice and all 3 of the others work on gens... by the time he gets the first person killed you will be more then halfway done and out. Genrushing punishes campers, if by the end he has 1-2 kills and you guys escape, he likely won't pip from that, and if you can manage to get him to only get 1 kill he will probably depip, which will serve him about right. So I dont think there should be any regression speed, because camping is a flawed strategy to start

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Outsidedarkness said:
    I play on ps4 and when the killer turns off the internet on thier end we loose all progress on our side. It is very hard to get to low rank because of this. The killer get no regression for this. Amother question is on campers we as survivers get birds so campers should jave regressed speed where we can get the players off the hook. 

You dont loose progress on your side, you will gain all the BP you eanred during the match +5000 for the escape. A DCing killer will always give you a black pip, none of your progress is taken away

The killer doesnt get any regression by DCing via internet loss, but suvivors dont do either.

What do you mean with regressed speed?

• Master

@Saint_Judas said:
    Well see, the thing about campers is... the easiest way to deal with a camper is to forget the survivor on the hook exists at all. As that guy on the hook (speaking from experience) it sucks, tremendously, but literally if that one guy doesn't struggle and just makes the camper wait him out the entire time it takes to sacrifice and all 3 of the others work on gens... by the time he gets the first person killed you will be more then halfway done and out. Genrushing punishes campers, if by the end he has 1-2 kills and you guys escape, he likely won't pip from that, and if you can manage to get him to only get 1 kill he will probably depip, which will serve him about right. So I dont think there should be any regression speed, because camping is a flawed strategy to start

@Saint_Judas said:

camping only works against "stupid" survivors that feed the killer yeah
    If survivors are clever and just do gens, then the killer will go out of the match with 1 kill and will depip GUARANTEED

• Outsidedarkness
    Outsidedarkness Member Posts: 25
    If campers had something, anything, it would be nice and by dcing i mean they turn thier internet off and u get nothing but a disconnect from host and send u back to the start menu but if this has never happened to u great.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@weirdkid5 said:
    Yeah if the Killer on PS4 kills his internet it sends everyone back to the main menu without going to the result screen. Pretty sure you lose everything from the match progress and all. A lot of Killers are doing it Rank 16 and higher.

@Clyde this needs to be looked at. Killers are doing this on purpose on console.

Imma bout to close application and delete you

• Slapped_A_T_Rex
    Slapped_A_T_Rex Member Posts: 14

@weirdkid5 said:
    Yeah if the Killer on PS4 kills his internet it sends everyone back to the main menu without going to the result screen. Pretty sure you lose everything from the match progress and all. A lot of Killers are doing it Rank 16 and higher.

@Clyde this needs to be looked at. Killers are doing this on purpose on console.

So you dont like DCers but you dont mind campers. interestingly hypocritical there dont you think.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@Slapped_A_T_Rex Not really. Camping's a strategy that may or may not work to get others.

Disconnecting is just disconnecting.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@Mc_Harty said:
    @Slapped_A_T_Rex Not really. Camping's a strategy that may or may not work to get others.

Disconnecting is just disconnecting.

What he said. Camping is an intended strategy. Disconnecting is supposed to be a bannable offense.

• Master

@weirdkid5 said:

If I were forced to play killer with a controller in this broken game, then I would turn into sth bad too :wink:

• Outsidedarkness
    I think as only my app.. The killers r getying stonger every dlc bbq, no one, chainsaws all im saying is campers should be punished somehow if they dont lesve terrious radious even if it is just showing thier outline to others. If u play a swf ur golden but if u r a loner mybe it would help others or even keep people from pulling u off in rrknt of the killer just to get knocked down again...

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Outsidedarkness said:
    I think as only my app.. The killers r getying stonger every dlc bbq, no one, chainsaws all im saying is campers should be punished somehow if they dont lesve terrious radious even if it is just showing thier outline to others. If u play a swf ur golden but if u r a loner mybe it would help others or even keep people from pulling u off in rrknt of the killer just to get knocked down again...

campers get punished if you gen rush which gains them less points and no progression in rank..

• Outsidedarkness
    that os true but I like helping fellow players and not be a di.. 
  • Master

@Outsidedarkness said:

Cough survivors geting stronger every DLC, DS, deadhard etc etc, but even the addition of pallets would be enough.
    If you want to punish killers for camping, then go ahead and do so. Camping means a guaranteed depip for the killer unless there are survivors who throw themselves at the hook. IF you dont do that and just do gens and escape instead, the killer will be screwed

• Outsidedarkness
    True spoken like a true camper

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Outsidedarkness said:
    that os true but I like helping fellow players and not be a di.. 

sometimes you can't help everyone sadly..

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Master said:

@Saint_Judas said:

@Saint_Judas said:

If survivors are clever and just do gens, then the killer will go out of the match with 1 kill and will depip GUARANTEED

That's why they carry noed to secure kills and guarantee safety after a camp. 
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864

@weirdkid5 said:

So you dont like DCers but you dont mind campers. interestingly hypocritical there dont you think.

How is that hypocritical? Saying you don’t like DCing and then DCing yourself is hypocritical but but not this??
  • GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157

@Master said:

@Outsidedarkness said:

You dont loose progress on your side, you will gain all the BP you eanred during the match +5000 for the escape. A DCing killer will always give you a black pip, none of your progress is taken away

The killer doesnt get any regression by DCing via internet loss, but suvivors dont do either.

On ps4, if the killer shuts his internet off or closes application, we lose everything offerings, items, and pips. It acts as if you dc if the killer dc's.

• GolgiNea
    edited June 2018

@Master said:

@Saint_Judas said:

@Saint_Judas said:

And the 3 who were gen rushing will depip as well because they didnt get chased or get to rescue or heal anyone. Camping doesn't do anything for anyone.

• Master

@GolgiNea said:

@Master said:

@Outsidedarkness said:

On ps4, if the killer shuts his internet off or closes application, we lose everything offerings, items, and pips. It acts as if you dc if the killer dc's.

Oh console.... well if you want a more "competitive" game then switch to PC :wink:
    On console you have to deal with way bigger problems like fps etc

• Master

@GolgiNea said:

@Master said:

@Saint_Judas said:

@Saint_Judas said:

And the 3 who were gen rushing will depip as well because they didnt get chased or get to rescue or heal anyone. Camping doesn't do anything for anyone.

Funny, but if a killer camps one of other random mates (I am a solo survivor), then I will almost always pip (unless I did really bad at the beginning) and even in the care cases where I dont manage to pip, you will never depip

• GolgiNea

@Master said:

@GolgiNea said:

Oh console.... well if you want a more "competitive" game then switch to PC :wink:
    On console you have to deal with way bigger problems like fps etc

Not very helpful at all. My comment didn't even suggest wanting a more "Competitive" game. I don't think anyone likes losing their items because the killer doesn't like the map, or they just get mad or something. We need dedicated servers! Notice I say "we" because I'm not against you or putting you and I on different sides. This community needs to try to get away from biased opinions & try to improve the game for everyone.

@Master said:

@GolgiNea said:

Funny, but if a killer camps one of other random mates (I am a solo survivor), then I will almost always pip (unless I did really bad at the beginning) and even in the care cases where I dont manage to pip, you will never depip

If all a team does is gen rushing, open gates and escape, you may barely saftey pip. The whole "Punnish the camper" gameplay is boring and honestly quite annoying that its a legitimate strategy. The hooked person will definitely depip even if the chase was great if they didn't get to do anything before that.

If the killer shuts his game off or their internet goes out survivors lose like 2 pips and items/add ons/Offerings. You're right about the safety pip when gen rushing a camper. :)

• Master

@GolgiNea
    You gain full escape emblem points, gold gen poitns probably (maybe only silver), now together with chase and altruism points (even if someone farmed a guy on hook and you get no altriusm emblem, you still pip with silver chaser) the pip is granted.

If you dont manage to do that, check in what categories you do bad and adapt accordingly. Its definitely not the games fault because other people manage to pip too :wink:

Yeah well, have to believe you on that point that if killer pulls plug survivors lose items, never had that problem on PC.
    BUt you know what, even if the survivors only leave the game via the esc menu, the killer still loses all his stuff :lol:

Yes the hooked person depips, but you give a pip for your mates and you are the one who got caught

And another thing, unlses you are facing a chainsaw killer, EVERY survivor can be unhooked even if the killer stares into his eyes. I had it happen to me, survivors can bodyblock you from the hook and with usage of BT the survivor can be rescued easily

• raptorsfromspace
    raptorsfromspace Member Posts: 21

On PS4, I get killer DCs at least once/session and I play daily. I've even had it happen three and four times in a row which adds up to a lot of game time lost, plus add-ons and offerings gone. Usually it's at the end of a long match once the exit gates are powered and the killer still hasn't sacrificed anyone.