Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Devour hope... a lazy perk?

2»

Comments

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

All it does is reward the killer for playing well how is that lazy?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited July 2020

Hex's in general are quite weak and almost all need improvements.

The only Hex that is actually worthy of being a hex currently in my opinion is DH. All the other hex's including Ruin aren't good enough imo.

DH is actually high risk/high reward and forces you to play a certain way to earn it. Most the other hex's are all high risk/average-low reward.

I'm actually surprised the hex perks haven't been more on their radar for improvements over other perks seeing as a meta full of hex perks is a net improvement to everyone's game play experience as it adds more objectives for the survivors. 2 for 1 in other words.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited July 2020

I love it a lot, and think it's very close to reaching its level of perfection.

It's vulnerable all game long, and comes along with great potential benefit.

Oh, and yeah, it's probably a lazy Perk.

But aren't many many many other Perks more lazy?

At least you have to perform somewhat okay to be able to get Devour Hope Tokens.

• Pryzm
    Pryzm Member Posts: 393

I love this perk! If it's lazy, then get me a T-shirt!

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

What is lazy about having to get 3 unhooks while you're far enough away without having your totem destroyed before you can use it?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

The haste isn't an indication, because it doesn't actually do anything. According to the perk description you get a 10% haste effect after hooking someone but you don't actually move faster or anything. I think it's because it specifically says that it gives you haste, when all the other perks that affect movement simply say "your movement speed increases..."?

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

Don't you get a notification though? I don't play enough against it as survivor to know for sure. Either way the fact its still a totem makes it super inconsistent.