How Long Should It Take to Finish the Rift?

Options
V1V3
V1V3 Member Posts: 87
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

Here's a few examples of how long games take to finish game passes.

Fortnite: 150 hours

Apex Legends: 125 hours

Valorant: 100 hours

Rainbow Six: 60 hours

Brawl Stars: 30 hours

The devs said we should be able to get a tier every hour which means we would be able to finish the Rift in 70 hours worth of playtime. Paulie Esther, however kept track of how long it took for him to get the rift while finishing most of the challenges and it took him 200 hours. It doesn't help the challenges become progressively harder per tome level and don't award more fragments which could be one reason why it's so. The other is matchmaking is way too long. Anyway, you guys tell me how long it took you all to finish it.

Comments

• Dermott
    Dermott Member Posts: 50
    Options

Around 100h, few challenges (about 3 or 4) left, so i omitted about 15-20 shards which means at max 2 lvls in rift. I got more detailed notes when I started and finished certain tomes, at how many hours and what Rift lvl. Although I completed most of challenges I still had to grind up almost 10 last levels, which is infuriating, it took too long.

• V1V3
    Options

Yeah, you think it would be better if daily challenges gave fragments like 3-5 or gain more by pipping?

• Dermott
    Dermott Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2020
    Options

Dailies giving only 1 fragment would be really ok, dunno about pipping because I don't pay attention to them. My biggest issue is how the actual challenges are constructed - it's linear, only one can be active which leads to most infuriating Battle Pass experience in games I've played.

I'm currently playing The Cycle on Epic and this game has the greatest construction of BP ever. Dailies and Weekly Quests lvls up you BP, challenges are various and really gameplay flow friendly. You complete them mostly by just playing, sometimes slightly different because game have wide gameplay variety. When I maxed their free BP I still had a lot of challenges to do, and at this time I decided to buy Premium Pass because they did amazing job. Season 3 just started and I'm pumped because it's almost the same in terms of difficulty.

• Soulslayer618
    Soulslayer618 Member Posts: 488
    Options

what are you doing to take that long??? like Im honestly curious cause it doesnt seem that long to me

Im just saying personally I thought rift 3 was good where it was (however my computer broke so I had to get a new one and missed the end of rift 1 and all of 2 so not much to compare it to)

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411
    Options

yeah it felt like a short amount of time for me this battle pass i think i had 2 weeks to spare with a finished battle pass. coming from a casual player of course

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I did the maths on it back in the first one, and that's when there were a lot less challenges in the last tier. Basically it works out to be 70-80 hours of time spent within a match, if you play a game of survivor and a game of killer each day, because of the first game XP bonus for both sides.

Of course we live in the real world with queue times, daily commitments, other games, and just wanting to play one side one day, so the time goes up and up for each of those factors.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

Do you think the "one fragment every hour" thing meant every hour of gametime? Like if you played games for that long? If it was excluding queue times that might make more sense.

What I'll say is that with just playing my two "daily" games for XP (one on each side, unless I've been doing it wrong the whole time) and then a few days here and there of playing extra just because I wanted to, I was able to complete the rift with a few days left to spare and a few challenges left in my tome. Sorry since I know time, like hours is what you wanted, but I figure I might as well pitch in my own experience, because I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to estimate how long it would take to complete those two games per day and challenges and whatnot.

• V1V3
    Options

I think that's how it takes so long like all the challenges aren't the same level of difficulty. Also Paulie is a really active person. Both roles have significantly different waiting times like Survivors being 2-6 minutes and killer being 5-15 seconds.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

The challenge length doesn't play a role whatsoever. In 1 hour a day of in-game time, you WILL get all of those tedious ones done like "repair lots of gens" before you get the passive XP fragments done. The only thing that really makes it slower is having shorter matches which means more wait time as well.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

I mean, I took a 3 week break and I still managed to finish it with time to spare. I think its reasonable.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Far too long.

This is the first time I'm not unlocking the Premium Pass (spent my cells on a skin to avoid temptation). Once I unlock it, I feel obliged to complete it. This takes too much time. During the week, I usually only get a couple of games in the morning.

I'm not bothered though, I don't like grinding toward challenges.

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 322
    Options

It takes a long time to finish the rift completely. I'm a casual player and I came up short 9 tiers for what I wanted so I bought those on the last day. I ended on tier 66. I'm okay with the last rift but want some QOL changes. I feel like it would be a better mechanic if you could equipt a killer challenge and a survivor challenge simultaneously. And a heads up notification when you ready up without a challenge. I sometimes start without a challenge or with one from the other side. Doesn't happen often but when it does you don't play optimal timewise. I hope the challenges won't get more grindy because things like hook x amount of different survivors/ cleanse x amount of totems take a minimum of 3/4 games. When you take queue times into consideration you'll have to play alot.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

Last two tomes, I've seen that I tend to be around lvl 55-60 after finishing all challenges, which leaves me having to play A LOT to get those last 10-15 levels, making me feel stressed and like I barely make any progress. Last time I ended up buying the final 4 tiers cause I felt really burned out, but still felt obligated to finish it.

Itd be neat if they added like a 5th tome, for people that's done all challenges, with just hard/grindy 5 challenges, each granting 10 fragments or just an easier way to get fragments after finishing all challenges.

• me0820238
    me0820238 Member Posts: 1
    Options

The last tome I barely finished and that's with all the killer and survivor challenges done. Towards the end of the last few rift levels, it felt really grindy and the game felt stingy with giving rift fragments. I really got all dead by daylighted out. Didn't touch the game for a while. Don't get me wrong I like the game just wish they weren't so stingy with the rift fragments during the rift. After purchasing the pass, I don't feel it should be that grindy, I want to enjoy playing the game but not to where it feels so grindy and a daily chore because you don't want the purchasing of the pass to go to waste. Maybe they should have double XP events during the rift so people have a pretty good chance of finishing it and so we don't feel burnt when the rift closes.😓

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

Since every Player is different, I would expect it to be impossible to have reliable stats on how long it takes to complete a Rift. Of the ones I've taken part in, I've finished them all. But in the end, the Rifts are just cosmetics; why do you care this much? In general, the Rifts are useful just for the extra BP they provide. That part remains even after the cosmetics go away. Again, this might be a generational thing, but just how important are the cosmetics to you guys? I'm here to play the game itself, not because I want to dress up my Survivors and Killers in the latest fashions.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

$80 and you can unlock everything in a few minutes.

• JasmineDragon
    JasmineDragon Member Posts: 372
    Options

the 70 hours they say would be reasonable if there were reseting challenges. But as someone who usually finishes each challenge in the minimum possible attempts (down 10 unique survivors requiring 3 for example), it is clear that this time period is absurd. You level up so slowly without tome challenges, its not even somewhat reasonable to believe it would be so little

• LSerpentine
    LSerpentine Member Posts: 140
    Options

Okay, so i'm someone who plays a lot of games with BP (I mean most games have them nowadays anyway) and I think this is the only game where I feel like the grind is just not worth it for the most part.

Call of Duty Cold War: 100 tiers, I did this in about 30 days or less, there are no challenges to do for the pass. was super easy to do even with me joining in late. (30 days or so)

Rainbow Six Siege: 100 tiers, I'm still partially working on this as I had a minor mishap with my Laptop. each level is 1000 points, they have weekly challenges that give you 850 points. so if you're doing you're challenges, and there's about 4 a week, and you're almost guaranteed to complete the BP easily. You can get at least two or three lvls knocked out through just minimal playtime everyday if you're doing just the challenges. (About 50 days out of 80 if you're not playing often or if you run into difficulties like I did)

Apex Legends: This is one of the more grindy BP for me. I have a lot of trouble with this one, but here's the thing, that's because I don't play this game very often. They have one or two challenges that are re-doable. deal 5k damage was the challenge I kept doing to lvl up last season. and they have quite a few challenges that release periodically up until a certain point. (No idea, joined into a season late and still made it about half way)

Dead by Daylight: My friend was grinding the last rift so hard and even with all challenges done, it took them literally FOREVER to finish out those last few levels. I feel like one thing to fix this would be that you should gain more fragments as you progress. so instead of only getting one fragment, once you get to a certain point, maybe every ten or so lvls add to the rift fragments. so 0-9 1 frag. 10-19 2 frag. 20-29 3 frag. and it can stop when you get to like 5 frag. it's just that only being 1 fragment is literally HORRIBLE.

[Not to mention, half the cosmetics are from DBD Mobile (free cosmetics, or that were given in the little mystery boxes). So, Icey trapper, blue snow Claudette, the red meg outfit with the purple bob hair, the red Christmas cosmetic for Dwight? All of those are dbd mobile outfits. all of them were free. all of them, besides megs, are in your wardrobe to begin with. think about that for a minute. this bp specifically is not worth it.]

ps. sorry for the rant, i just really hate the bp/rift this 'season'