If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The Plague - Pools of Devotion / Corrupt Purge Bug

Options
steponmeadiris
steponmeadiris Member Posts: 225
edited January 2021 in Bug Reporting

Hi. This bug has existed for what feels like ages, and it's a pretty game-breaking and obvious bug, so I assumed somebody would have reported it by now. But nope, it hasn't been fixed yet, so here I am!

I'll start a game as The Plague, doing normal Killer stuff, vomiting on people, you know the drill. Eventually they cleanse, and I end up with a lot of corrupted Pools of Devotion, ready for me to slurp some forbidden juice. Then, at a random point - whether I'm chasing someone, carrying a Survivor, or just walking around - I'll get Corrupted Purge. Without having used a corrupted Pool of Devotion. I'll hear the little ~ding~, and suddenly motherfucking Enki is hey lil mama whispering in my ear and I'm vomiting blood. Then, just a few seconds later, the sound repeats itself, louder this time - and ALL of the corrupted Pools of Devotion are gone. As if I'd slurped them all up at once.

This is, obviously, quite game-breaking, and destroys any attempts at strategy. And so far, it has happened in EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. Basically, it's impossible for me to play my favourite Killer.

I have no clue what causes this, but I've noticed some similarities. I always have at least 4+ corrupted Pools of Devotion, often more. I have also not activated any Pools of Devotion and used Corrupt Purge before the bug. In a lot of the cases, I've been near a Survivor when the bug happens, although I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Also, I play on PC, in case that information helps any.

I've attached a video below, which I had to put in a .rar file because I can't attach .mp4 files, apparently. I also have no clue how WinRar works, so I can only hope I did it correctly.

Thanks for reading, and sorry about the messy and informal language. It's 2 AM and I'm running on caffeine and about 2 hours of sleep. Cheers! ❤️

Edit: nvm, it's a game mechanic, it just sucks

Post edited by steponmeadiris on
0 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Drekathar
    Drekathar Member Posts: 61
    Options

I've noticed this as well. I don't play too much plague but one game where people cleansed every single time I would not have pool of devotions and I couldn't understand why. It is game-breaking for sure for a killer that is already on the weak side.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    Options

In the event of survivors corrupting every last pool before the plague uses one of them, all will reset after 5s and the plague will automatically gain Corrupt Purge.

• lazerlight
    lazerlight Member Posts: 353
    edited October 2020
    Options

Girl................................. that's a mechanic.... not a bug.... it's programed that way. It's meant to happen.

Plague gains her red puke if all pools are corrupted.... that's something that you want to happen. And it helps you if you're in the middle of a chase and a survivor cleanses at the last available pool. You get red puke and the survivor you're chasing gets HIT. Periodt.