The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Gorey Mori

XeroIdea
XeroIdea Member Posts: 41
edited July 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Yes, I know. Lame title. As it suggests though, alot of the Mori's are underwhelming. I remember long ago, way far back in the early stages of dbd, the hillbilly's Mori cut your head off and your head would roll off somewhere. That was cool, now though I feel like alot of killers other than The Hag have a good kill. The Gunslinger (because death slinger is a stupid name) is semi Gore along with the Oni.

Here is the thing, if you kill some in the game it should be horrific. The trapper should literally kill someone with an actual trap, like head smushed. The Demmy should eat your head, heck and I hate him, Bubbas default Mori should be updated to where he chainsaws the person in half. Don't say this game has Gore, when it's just poorly animated attempts at blood coming from the mouth. These devs aren't horror fans unless they can prove it.

Comments

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

They've said they can't add proper gore due to the gore restrictions in certain countries, the game would be banned. Also, I'm pretty sure there was never a mori where billy cut off their head.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

For crazy gore, they would also have to design new models for all survivors that had various states of mutilation (to be swapped with their normal ones for these animations).

This isn't Mortal Kombat. So long as the mori's are sufficiently brutal and in-character with the killer, then I think they are fine. And I'm inclined to say most of them are actually pretty good by these prerequisites. The only mori animations I personally think should be revisited and updated are the original three (Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly) and Huntress.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

Billy's Mori never cut anyone's head off.... That was probably a lucid dream but if it were up to me, the game would be full of gore... However.. Already mentioned above. Game would get banned. MK is banned in a myriad of countries because of its gore and inability to disable the majority of it.