Why Is Matchmaking Still Slow?

Options
V1V3
V1V3 Member Posts: 87
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

I thought dedicated servers were supposed to fix the 3-10 minute wait time as survivor to be more like the killer who can still get matches in less than 10 seconds. Some of the suggestions I have could easily minimize this problem.

-Players can switch between roles in lobby like in custom games. This changes lobby to only finding 5 players than by strict roles. If more than one person tries to play killer, one of them is randomly selected as the killer while the rest are survivors. If no one plays killer, one of them is selected as the killer.

-Ranks are smaller like from 20 ranks to just 10. Reducing complex math in ranks for matchmaking by half.

-The game automatically puts you in any lobby regardless of rank if a certain amount of time passes. Such as 45 seconds.

-Match players in games based on playtime or escape/kill ratio. As many say, ranks don't matter.

-Cross platforming is enabled. Dramatically decreasing wait time to less than a minute.

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@V1V3

It always depends on the time of day, region, and rank for the most part. Like for example, I get insta-matches as Killer when It's 12AM to 4AM, but after that it takes about 2 minutes.

• V1V3
    Options

You're telling me the game isn't even all regions? And the ranks seem to do more hard than good.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,521
    Options

-No... too complicated

-Ranks should be expanded (10-1) for each color Brown,Yellow,Green,Purple,Red... doing this will be more accurate in the long run

-The new MMR system will deal with that

-Crossplay is coming "soon"...

Also you're contradicting yourself on the 3rd and 4th points

Right now the MM is looking for matches that can hold up connection wise, then "rank"... and I think that's better (right now) seeing that the servers are new to the devs

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

I don't know what you mean by "all regions". The match-making, at least at the moment, depends on a few main factors like where you live, the time of day you're in depending on the peak hours your region gets, and the rank you're in that pairs you with similar ranked Survivors and Killers.

This goes for every region and every player, not just me specifically.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    Options

No one side has fast queues 24/7. It changes depending on time of day and whether double BP is on. Who told you queues would be faster with dedicated servers? That makes no sense. An imbalance between the ratio of killers to survivors doesn't go away once you switch the machine hosting the game.

1 would just lead to dcs when people don't get what they want

2 wouldn't change much. Same problem, smaller numbers.

3 already happens

4 will probably be part of the mmr that they're working on

5 may be coming but wouldn't change much. Two separate pools of 800 survivors and 150 killers are now one pool of 1600 survivors and 300 killers. Same problem, bigger numbers

If the role you want is taking too long, play the other role or try again later and play something else.

• V1V3
    Options

I'm not making all these suggestions to be all done in one. Also there's no telling how the MMR will work. There's one thing that should never be in a casual game and that's rankings.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,521
    Options

Agreed... but with Crossplay coming BVHR can do more with MM ETC.

• V1V3
    Options

I literally play killer only because everytime I play as survivor, I wait from 5-10 minutes for matches where killer is 10 seconds.