We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Killer blind to survivors in the lobby?

Options

I think just as the survivors cannot see the killer in the lobby, the killer should not be able to see the survivor characters in the lobby. So many times I have seen killers back out of a lobby due to what characters load in, or what they come in with (specifically flashlights). This is a very frequent occurrence (several times per evening) and can be very frustrating when you just want to get a game in. You can definitely tell when the killer is doing this purposefully. Making the killer "blind" to what character is loading in would hopefully prevent killers from backing out of lobbies.

Comments

• TheCamper
    TheCamper Member Posts: 14
    Options

No.

They shouldn't.

One, swf is a thing. It's a huge thing in the game. So knowing you are up against a team of say flashlights or toolbox runners.

As a killer you can adjust your perk set up. Since 4 v 1. The killer is at an disadvantage. Having that chances to adjust your set up is needed.

Pretty sure lobby dodging isn't allowed. Not sure if it's reportable but seems like something a person should get penalised for. They should just do something similar to plug pullers. Too many times and you get an auto ban.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

No.

The main problem with this game is SWF parties of 3 or 4 people together, on communication. It is deadly and it can make an average survivor and a fun game not very fun at all for the killer. Who is supposed to be in a power role of sorts.

The killer 100% needs to see who comes in, how and what they are using. They don't need to adjust that at all. The quick switching is pretty annoying too, but doesn't happen too often on me at least.

I'm a rank 1 killer, and play A LOT of killer and some survivor. If I mic up with my buddy on DbD... things are easier for sure to get through the trial. If I'm playing with randoms... obviously more difficult.

I've played a few matches in a group of 3 and 4 on comms... and it was quite easy. Mostly easy. SWF on comms is just a huge thing and a great disadvantage. It needs to be in the game. It can be really fun playing with your friends. That is fine...

But people need to understand that playing with your friends on comms is a huge advantage against 1 killer. 4v1 people.

• liv071981
    liv071981 Member Posts: 27
    Options

I see your points, however not all SWF groups go into a match in beast mode. The people I run with don't typically run DS and go in with flashlights (I myself am terrible with a flashlight - never stunned one killer to date. Actually, the only time I plan to run DS is when I go for the Adept Laurie achievement). But perhaps I am in the minority with that.

SWF can help you to know what is going on, but so can Bond (and to an extent, empathy) if you are running solo. I myself run Bond at top tier on all of my survivors.

It is incredibly frustrating for survivors to repeatedly wait in lobbies only to have killers back out when they see a character or item come in that they're afraid of. I would like to see a report option for that, but as we all know, the survivors do not know who the killer is until the end of the match. (At least it is that way on XBox.) We are unable to report a killer for lobby dodging, because we have no idea who he or she is.

If some sort of penalty were implemented that would deter killers from lobby dodging, then I would be okay with the status quo of killers seeing survivors but not vice versa. However, as it stands right now, it is incredibly frustrating at the survivor level. I had three right in a row do this last night, and then two again a while later.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

What you fail to understand (And most survivors seem to miss this) is that you actually have a huge advantage that the killer doesn't have in the pre-game lobby.

• If your vocal with each other, you can stack your perks and offerings.
    • Even if your not vocal, you can see what everybody is bringing and plan accordingly.

This is a big advantage in and of itself. To help counter this balance, the killer is given the same visual information you have.

If nobody uses this advantage, it's not the killer's fault.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

@TheCamper said:> Pretty sure lobby dodging isn't allowed. Not sure if it's reportable but seems like something a person should get penalised for. They should just do something similar to plug pullers. Too many times and you get an auto ban.

It's completely allowed. You can remake the lobby till your heart's content.

The only problem is that people dodge SWFs expecting a difficult/toxic game. If there was a rep system/enforcement of good sportsmanship in the game, it would be less of a problem.

• liv071981
    liv071981 Member Posts: 27
    Options

I understand that "advantage" the survivors have. Frankly, I myself do not pay attention to what others bring in to a match. That is just my personal method of play. I don't go in to a game trying to depend on others.

The main issue is killers lobby dodging due to who or what they see coming in to the lobby. I believe the problem could be eliminated if killers were unable to see what survivors and items are coming in to the lobby. Killers wouldn't feel the need to run from lobbies before even knowing what sort of players they are actually up against (like I said before - not every SWF team is in beast mode - some of us just play for fun).

If you can find a better way to prevent lobby dodging by killers, then I am fine with the status quo. But right now, it is a problem. I am encountering this issue every day.

• Feyard
    Feyard Member Posts: 43
    Options

I think this is the wrong approach on this problem, I'll try shwoing why by simplifying this thread:
    Since there are Killers who are scared of some SWF groups and/or items they dodge lobbies, to prevent this they shouldn't see what they go up agaisnt and only pray to god that they do not get those unfun match ups they are scared of.
    So we have two problems: The first is the one the op mentioned that the Killer has the power to decide who (s)he plays against. This is indeed a problem, because why should the Killers be able to decide who they play against while Survivors must hope they do not get a tunnel camper using mori.
    The second problem is the fact that a lot of Killers actually do not want to play against SWF/flashlights because it ruins their fun to such a degree that they would rather wait another 5min for a new lobby.

Addressing the first problem is easy, the op's suggestion or matchmaking or a penalty for dodging would solve it.
    The second one however is a tad harder to fix and now comes the real problem: If only the first problem is fixed while the second one persists, more and more Killers will play less and less, because there is only so many games you can play against a flashlight teabagging SWF group before figuring out that there are other things you could do with your time.
    I mean if Killers dodge in a Lobby, because they do not want to play that match up, why should they (if this becomes impossible for them) not dodge (alt f4) in the middle of the game?

• TheCamper
    TheCamper Member Posts: 14
    Options

Well then the problem is the community behaviour...

If people behave well and play well. No one will feel the need to dodge.

However....they could implement waiting time. Instead of 10 seconds. Make it progressive for each dodge and intentional plug pulling during games. Like in MOBA games like DOTA or LOL. Do it too many times and you are not allowed to play like a day or something.

So that can force players to not dodge and DC but with the current community status. People might just use to not play at all....if they cannot dodge nasty players.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@TheCamper said:
    No.

They shouldn't.

One, swf is a thing. It's a huge thing in the game. So knowing you are up against a team of say flashlights or toolbox runners.

As a killer you can adjust your perk set up. Since 4 v 1. The killer is at an disadvantage. Having that chances to adjust your set up is needed.

Pretty sure lobby dodging isn't allowed. Not sure if it's reportable but seems like something a person should get penalised for. They should just do something similar to plug pullers. Too many times and you get an auto ban.

Ofc lobby dodging is allowed, in fact it is the only method to guarantee a lagg-free game
    If devs didnt want us to lobby dodge, they would remove the "leave lobby" button :wink:

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited June 2018
    Options

@liv071981 said:
    I see your points, however not all SWF groups go into a match in beast mode. The people I run with don't typically run DS and go in with flashlights (I myself am terrible with a flashlight - never stunned one killer to date. Actually, the only time I plan to run DS is when I go for the Adept Laurie achievement). But perhaps I am in the minority with that.

SWF can help you to know what is going on, but so can Bond (and to an extent, empathy) if you are running solo. I myself run Bond at top tier on all of my survivors.

It is incredibly frustrating for survivors to repeatedly wait in lobbies only to have killers back out when they see a character or item come in that they're afraid of. I would like to see a report option for that, but as we all know, the survivors do not know who the killer is until the end of the match. (At least it is that way on XBox.) We are unable to report a killer for lobby dodging, because we have no idea who he or she is.

If some sort of penalty were implemented that would deter killers from lobby dodging, then I would be okay with the status quo of killers seeing survivors but not vice versa. However, as it stands right now, it is incredibly frustrating at the survivor level. I had three right in a row do this last night, and then two again a while later.

When I start playing DBD, my first match of the day is always a "nice mood" game, where I try intentionally not to tunnel, weak addons, maybe even party offering

You would be surprised how many of my nice games actually get punished by bullying SWFs (at least 50%). If its not thefirst game where the SWF strike me, then its the second game, I rarely get a 3rd fun game.

After such a game I will simply dodge SWF or play really toxic, also depending on my mood. IF the SWF game has been really intense, toxic etc etc, then I will even continue with this behaviour on the following day(s)

Oh and btw, you cannot compare console to PC at all. On consoles most players play casually, so ofc there are less SWF and rare "beast mode SWF"