We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

New Level System (XP)

Options
Dionel
Dionel Member Posts: 7
Hi to all of you guys, I am a PS4 user so I can't test the PTB, and I would like to know how much Iridescent Shards did you guys get for leveling up, I heared that you get 60 Iridescent Shards for reaching lv 2...

Comments

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

I'm getting 140 per level up atm, but I didn't pay attention to the early levels.

• Chrismor
    Chrismor Member Posts: 20
    Options

So that's mean that you only get shards when you level up or the level up just determines how much you earn per match ?

• Slay___
    Slay___ Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 898
    Options

Leveling up gives you shards as a reward depending on your level.

• Dionel
    Dionel Member Posts: 7
    Options

Yes, that's what I am Thinking, the current progression to earn Shards is very slow :-1:
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

It's pretty slow, but faster than what it used to be. I'd say around 5-6 times faster.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Someone do separate tests with survivor and killer and show how much one can make within an hour.

• RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408
    Options

At level 21 I got around 150 shards(I think, I will update this with the amount i get for 23 so I can be exact). It takes me about 5 games, 6 or 7 if I have bad luck to level up right now. The early levels were only 40 shards for about 2 games.
    For comparison's sake, currently you only get 1 shard per minute in a match, max at 10. So 7 matches would give max 70 shards, but with this system it gives about 150.
    I do think it is quite slow of a grind for shards. They could either increase the amount you get per level up, or make leveling up easier. Maybe even do both.

• RagingCalm
    Options

@steezo_de said:
    Someone do separate tests with survivor and killer and show how much one can make within an hour.

You have the same level for survivor and Killer, so you should get the same amount wether you play one or the other. Also it would be difficult to test reliably, because you get more shards per level.

• steezo_de
    Options

Ok, just so we're on the same level here..

=====

NEW FEATURE: Player Level

For this release, we have implemented a Player Level which represents the amount of time you have spent playing the game. Playing games grants a certain number of Experience Points (XP), and XP contributes to increasing your player level.
    XP is gained through:
    Time played in a match
    Highest Emblem quality at the end of a match
    Bonus for first match of the day (for both, Killer and Survivor)
    When you pass Player Level 100, you will gain 1 Devotion Level and your overall Player Level progression will reset to 1 – as will XP requirements and Iridescent Shard rewards. Each level of Devotion represents 100 Player Levels gained.

UPDATED FEATURE: Iridescent Shards

We have changed the way that you will acquire Iridescent Shards and what you can do with them. Each Player Level gained (see above) will reward a set amount of Iridescent Shards, which will allow you to purchase customization items, characters, or teachable perks in the in-game store.

======

So I guess my question is.. what is the formula or cap? And I think I can answer it.. nobody knows, yet.

Do you know how many shards you made up to level 21? Damn, had I thought about it, I would have made a spreadsheet. :|:|

• RagingCalm
    edited June 2018
    Options

@steezo_de probably around 2,500. Not exact but I think a good estimate. I would imagine a bit lower now think about it....
    No cap to shards, and for player level, every 100 levels gets you 1 devotion and resets to 0. Devotion has no rewards, just makes it easier than saying level 345 I guess?

• steezo_de
    Options

Hmmm. There has to be something to that Devotion label. The word in itself has a weight to it so I'd be surprised if it was just a reset and that would be it. What a dud, if so. Haha

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options
    You progressively get more as you get to a higher level
  • Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493
    Options

It shouldnt be easy to obtain in the first place. We are talking about unlocking cosmetics that can also be unlocked via real money. No reason for them to hand out freebies if money is what they are after. Beeing able to unlock them with farmable currency is already amazing as it is. In most games cosmetics cant be unlocked with ingame farmable currency so we should be happy as it is.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

Don't know the exact formular yet. But so far it seem to me like it's always lik 15xp == 1IS. Like levels that require 2100xp give you 140 shards and earlier levels that required 1200xp gained you 80, etc.

• Sooted
    Sooted Member Posts: 11
    Options

can i still trade shards for 200k bloodpoints?

• RagingCalm
    Options

@Sooted said:

yes

• Sooted
    Options

@RagingCalm said:

@Sooted said:

yes

means i can level up my characters way faster after the new patch? :) still have to level ALOT haha

• RagingCalm
    Options

@Sooted Yes, from my calculations it will start out at about the same speed, but once you get past level 15(only about 10 hours of playtime, so nothing especially since it is Summer) you should be able to get those shrine bloodpoints about twice as fast.

• RagingCalm
    Options

@Sooted Keep in mind, however, that to get us used to the new farming of shards the shrine of secrets will be closed for 2 weeks or so as soon as the PTB goes to main. This will actually be ok though, because we will have cosmetics to farm! And after 2 weeks of grinding I bet we will be getting at least 300 shards per level.

• Sooted
    Options

what is max level in the new system? 10 hours i make in 2 days

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Sooted said:
    what is max level in the new system? 10 hours i make in 2 days

There is no max level as far as I know.
    When you reach level 100, you get 1 devotion level and start over at level 1.

• Undying_Zombie
    Undying_Zombie Member Posts: 40
    Options

I have a bad feeling that getting shards will take forever eventually due to the level system. The level reset will take away some of that pain but I do not think it will do much unless leveling is still fast even at level 90.

• LadyGamerX
    LadyGamerX Member Posts: 28
    Options

Someone has said we get Auric Cells for reaching Player Level 100. If so, thats pretty interesting.

• Juya
    Juya Member Posts: 63
    Options

Something tells me that it will be painful to get anything with shards because they increased the price are so high now. I mean... didn't the prices for the shrine doubled?

• ComelyStar
    ComelyStar Member Posts: 187
    edited June 2018
    Options

I'm at Player Level 14 right now, and for the past few levels (and probably the next few) I get 150 iridescent shards for levelling up. Per level, I need 2.1K experience points, which are easily obtained in about 5 games.

In the past you would get a max of 10 shards per game, so if you played 5 games that would be 50 shards. Now you play 5 games, get a level up and receive 150 shards (idk why everybody says 140, it's incorrect). So, at least for the lower levels, you are obtaining shards 3 times faster than before.

• theagitatedapricot
    theagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    Options
    Sure, but things cost 3.63x as much. Purchasing a perk in the shrine that cost 550 before now costs 2000. 2000/550 = 3.63 
  • ComelyStar
    edited June 2018
    Options

@theagitatedapricot said:
    Sure, but things cost 3.63x as much. Purchasing a perk in the shrine that cost 550 before now costs 2000. 2000/550 = 3.63 

Before you would have to play at least 55 games with 10 shards every time, to get 550 shards. Now it averages about 65 games to be played to obtain 2000 shards, so it's not really that much worse.
    Considering you probably wouldn't have gotten 10 shards in every game, I would say it almost the same amount of games. They just shouldn't have reduced the amount of bloodpoints received. But it's so much easier now to get bloodpoints, I can't really fault this system in any way.

• theagitatedapricot
    Options
    It's just misleading for them to say "You'll earn shards much faster!" Yes, it's true.. but things cost a lot more. Unless I'm getting the math wrong, it takes about 5 hours just to unlock the cheapest single cosmetic (like a different colored shirt for Claudette). 
  • ComelyStar
    Options

It's just misleading for them to say "You'll earn shards much faster!" Yes, it's true.. but things cost a lot more. Unless I'm getting the math wrong, it takes about 5 hours just to unlock the cheapest single cosmetic (like a different colored shirt for Claudette). 

It's not misleading because YOU ARE earning shards ~3 times faster. And before that you couldn't unlock anything with them other than teachable perks. They didn't say you can get teachable perks from the shrine or anything else 3 times faster. They promised us that we will get shards much faster now, and that's exactly what we are getting.
    5 hours for 1 low priced cosmetic item is not bad at all. You have to work for them and not collect them all in a matter of a couple of days. It's meant to add longevity and purpose to the game.

• theagitatedapricot
    Options
    Well, we're just not going to agree on this. A single re-colored item is not worth 5 hours, in my opinion, and never will be.
  • ComelyStar
    Options

Well, we're just not going to agree on this. A single re-colored item is not worth 5 hours, in my opinion, and never will be.

1 skin from the shop for $5 is not worth it. 5 hours is nothing.