Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Thank you BHVR for the Matchmaking changes

I just wanna say that i like these new matchmaking changes and i believe they are a step in the right direction. So among the sea of complaints, i hope this one Thank you letter will reach you.

We may no like everything you guys do but this one is a good change.

Comments

• ins0
    ins0 Member Posts: 118

What do you like about them? can you go into details?

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Ppl can make a self landing rocket but coming up with an MMR sysytem for DBD can't be done...

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

They never said what they think is a balanced match making. So I don't trust it until I see it.

• WhyDecide
    WhyDecide Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2020

Can anyone (playing on Xbox) send some non cherry picked games to show the new ranking system?

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

I'll thank them when I see that it works as intended. Call me cynical but I've been plenty disappointed before.

• cloudface
    cloudface Member Posts: 93

😒 I'm in PS4; played as a rank 12 killer tonight trying out Huntress- who I've played 4 times before-for a challenge and got matched against a 4 SWF Ranked 1, 3,3,5... boy it was fun! As was the next game where it was 3 reds and a purple. Yay matchmaking 😑

• Letche
    Letche Member Posts: 96

Things like this is why I'm personally critical of the reasoning behind them moving in this direction.

Not to mention general know-how. It doesn't matter what killer you play, you'll stomp out baby survivors any day of the week with any killer when you know the basics of the game and vice versa.

If this change was solely to allow you to learn the fundamentals of a killer you've never played, KYF exists for that very reason. If you're too afraid you'll throw a match because you don't know how to play a killer, test out that killer before you go into public matches.

Problems arise when you consider things like:

Is someone who has a decently long, evenly matched game and still kills everyone going to receive less mmr than the guy who tunneled/face camped and mori'd everyone off first hook with an ebony as fast as possible?

----

Unrelated, but why are ebony moris more common than Mary's Letter. I've only seen the new map in rotation twice as survivor since the day it's chapter dropped and I've gotten two offerings for it out of hundreds of bloodwebs.

• Allivath_Chaos
    Allivath_Chaos Member Posts: 41

I haven't done much for playing since it went active on Xbox, however I can say that so far, it seems the skill is much better matched. I've had challenging matches as opposed to matches that are steam rolled on either side

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

The only concern I have (so far) with the announcement is on PC, people can see who the killer is. Will that be fixed by the time this goes live I wonder?

• Allivath_Chaos

I believe it is a glitch or a hack and it won't be a thing once it's fixed

• faff
    faff Member Posts: 68

kyf is fine and all if you have friends who play this game..

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

I know, from my understanding though it's very easy to do, and the information could be easily removed. They just have to decide to do it, and with this change I hope they do.

• DBD_Noobinoob
    DBD_Noobinoob Member Posts: 89

Wait, what? Is it live already? I'm on PS4 and didn't get a patch nor ingame news?

• Allivath_Chaos

It was a server side update and it's live on Xbox One only right now.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

I disagree. Its just worse for killers, and easier for survivors.

• Allivath_Chaos

Been running killer matches for a while today and I feel like the changes are beneficial for the killers too. I haven't been running into hardcore sweats near as often.

• RoaminNoodls
    RoaminNoodls Member Posts: 3

I play Xbox and it sucks it just puts you with 2 bad survivors who throw at 5 gens left then it thinks your bad so it keeps doing the same thing. If you like hatch game every game it's good. I seriously debating quiting the game after 3 years of continually play.

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

I've been collecting screenshots after most of my games. Me and my friend rank 1, with 2 20s with tier one perks, or no perks. Getting a message end game "how do you run?" And then a red rank killer fully kitted... One thing devs have forgotten is, time played does matter, because practice makes perfect. I absolutely agree with you. After thousands of hours spent, as well as a few hundred dollars. Im going to have to stop, unless I have a full man swf or even a 3 man... Killers love that right?

• Letche

There's this amazing thing called the internet. Find some people to play with in the umpteen communities that exist the same way you found yourself saying that in this thread. 🤷‍♀️

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220

I would love people to play with myself, but I have bad anxiety. Things are just not as easy as you may think.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

Your first sentence says it all.

Another good analogy is like what @ScottJund said

"Are you a bad Wraith because you were put on Blood Lodge, one of the most open maps in the game?"

"Are you a good survivor because you led a killer for 3 minutes, and 3 gens, but used all the pallet on the map and left your team with zero resources?"

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

I dont play as often as i would like so mmr seems to think Im new. Killers i get are so bad that it feels like most of them have never played the game. And the survivors i get matched with as a solo are rediculous. When i got to green ranks finally after getting xbox i was so relieved that i could play a normal game. I feel like i am back to rank 20. Maybe my mmr will catch up soon? But when you die on first hook how do you improve?

• Halun
    Halun Member Posts: 177

I hope it turns out well. I'm just concerned by the lack of transparency right now.

Once they implement ratings I might have a different opinion... But even knowing that rank is irrelevant, I can't help but feel bad going into matches as a green rank killer against 4 flashlight-clicking red rank sweatlords.

• FablPlayz
    FablPlayz Member Posts: 169

I agree with you but there should also be a Survivor lock added because of this nasty last second switches to three flashlights and a key

• Letche

You don't have to talk to people. There are some who will accept your company even if you don't speak, but you can't blame people if they don't want someone who doesn't speak because there's little to no communication.

I don't personally understand the logic behind 'I want to play with people, but I don't'. Either you do, or you don't. It really is that easy.

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220

I don't really want to discuss this because it's off topic from what the op is about, but if you don't want to talk then you might as well stay in solos. I wouldn't blame people either if they didn't want some1 who doesn't want to talk in their swf group.

If you don't understand how bad anxiety can be for some ppl, but want to try to understand, I recommend just doing some research. Even then though, unless you have bad anxiety yourself, you probably still wouldn't understand.

This is my last reply about this because it is off topic.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Solos get matched up with rainbow coloured survivors who stealth around the corners of the map and SWFs are buffed?

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    edited July 2020

If you're worried about individual details in a match affecting the outcome of a match making it unlikely that the system will be accurate, I encourage you to educate yourselves with the Law of Large Numbers.

It basically means that as the number of samples increases (The number of matches finished) the details or RNG of those matches begin to have less of an impact on the system that's measuring the outcomes (MMR system)

If I win 75% of 1000 matches, how much will the details and circumstances of those matches matter when you try and guess what my % win rate would be with 100,000 matches?

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

ps4 don't have it yet also get tho match too so i feel you there.

why is it on xbox first?

• Letche

That's literally what I was saying, but if you want to be like that about it.. either you want friends and you strive to work through your anxiety to make some so you can benefit from this asset or you choose to wallow in self pity and continue to play solo. 🤷‍♀️

At the end of the day, your inability to have normal social interaction doesn't make KYF any less viable of an option as opposed to giving a veteran player a low mmr on a character they don't play just to 'test out a character' on far less experienced players.

You having to find a single other soul to benefit from KYF is the lesser of two evils. There are already so many people complaining about this change on Xbox because the disparity between skill is even worse than with the current system.

I was only addressing what was directed to me, so I'm not the one who derailed from the topic just for responding and I'm not sorry for speaking my peace.

• Nickeh
    Nickeh Member Posts: 282

I would imagine it doesn't take into account offerings. If someone has 10 good matches because all they did was bring eboni moris, then they'll be faced with a harder match that 11th game when they don't bring one.

• Deadsea
    Deadsea Member Posts: 143

I am in agreement with OP. I feel some are nitpicking too much about variables like Maps and such. We definitely have needed a new system for awhile now. The current system just doesn't encourage enough flexibility. A level 50 Trapper main has a difficult time with trying out other killers when he is being matched with survivors that are equal to his Trapper. Some are saying "If people know the basics of a killer that is all they need". That's not true. Most killers play vastly different to each other and getting continously stomped as a new killer isn't fun.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

Having played this for a few days under the new MMR, it is VASTLY improved on what it was before! Victories feel satisfying and earnt; losses feel fine, as they appear to be well-balanced; team mates are generally much more adept, and games are just so much more fun!

This MMR has really been a game-changer for me. There was an absolutely epic 30-40 minutes round against a Hillbilly; a devastating Demogorgon (been wanting to face one of those for ages!); and a 4-man escape from Pyramid Head, which was only down to 4 solos working their butts off, as Pyramid hung everyone at least once, and I think I was the only one to be hung once.

It's just so much more fun! So a big thank you to the devs. :)