Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

ruin is to op

small game perk designed to "find ruin" but not so good at finding

survivor cant not holding anymore.

killer has no weakpoint now.

Comments

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    edited September 2018

Ruin is dependent on either not being found (its pretty lit up like most active totems) or the killer camping it, which doesn't really help a killer that cant move fast enough between it and the gens.

It's annoying as heck sometimes but as the suggestions have told you so far, practice will improve your reaction time, as will finding and cleansing that pesky totem.

Huntresses lullaby with 5 tokens scares me more....

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Why are you making several threads about the same "complaint"?

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    You can either hit great slillchecks or cleanse the totem. Its not that hard.

It'll take some practice if you go with the former, but once you master it, you won't even notice Ruin anymore.

Good luck, man.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@needreplay said:

Learn how to hit skillchecks

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Vietfox said:
    I love it when they pair it with thrill of the hunt, it's like a "summon the killer" button.
    Who dares to touch mah totems?!
    Tried playing all totem build on hag. The stress was killing me.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited September 2018
    Vietfox said:
    I love it when they pair it with thrill of the hunt, it's like a "summon the killer" button.
    Ruin is pointless with ToTH, face survivors who can hit great skillchecks atleast somewhat consistantly and you are already 2 perks down.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Vietfox said:
    Ruin is pointless with ToTH, face survivors who can hit great skillchecks atleast somewhat consistantly and you are already 2 perks down.
    Last time i had to face a killer with those perks it was a leatherface and i kept tapping the hex to make him come over while others were doing gens.
    Tap - see LF coming - shack loop - gen done - LF leaves - repeat. Funny as hell.
  • HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

@Vietfox said:
    ChesterTheMolester said:

Vietfox said:

Last time i had to face a killer with those perks it was a leatherface and i kept tapping the hex to make him come over while others were doing gens.
    Tap - see LF coming - shack loop - gen done - LF leaves - repeat. Funny as hell.

Poor Leatherface, he just wants you to be his friend ! :(

• DocFabron
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Why do such a thing to yourself? ;-;
  • Master

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Vietfox said:

TOTH is pointless since SWF is a thing

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

IT GOT NERFED ON PTB. Are you happy?

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Milo said:

Not really a nerf per say, more of a bug.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    Bloodpoints. Tons of bloodpoints. Those builds give a lot of them. Since you engage in so many chases.
  • DocFabron
    Milo said:

Please tell me you're joking....

What happened to it?
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Milo said:

What happened to it?
     It didnt get nerfed, it's a bug that doesn't regress the progress when you hit a good skillcheck. At least that's what I remember hearing 
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@Milo said:

I see no mention of Hex: Ruin in the patch notes for PTB.

• DocFabron
    Milo said:

What happened to it?
     It didnt get nerfed, it's a bug that doesn't regress the progress when you hit a good skillcheck. At least that's what I remember hearing 
    Thank the almighty Entity it's just a bug.
  • PhantomMask20763
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    I mean I play freddy at rank 1 all the time. It's pretty relaxing cause you expect to lose 
  • PhantomMask20763
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    I mean I play freddy at rank 1 all the time. It's pretty relaxing cause you expect to lose 
  • CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615

@needreplay said:

That middle sentence you wrote. Have you ever written a sentence before?

• Confused_Senpai
    Confused_Senpai Member Posts: 60

@needreplay said:

You don't really have to worry about Ruin when you Gen Tap which is what most of my friends and I do until we find ruin. Yes it's a little slower but you literally just hold the repair button until you see your character set into the repair animation about 3-4 seconds then let go and do it again, this avoids skill checks altogether and basically makes ruin and lullaby useless for the most part.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited September 2018

For all of the folks who get (Hex:) Ruined on Coldwind Farm let me share with you the potential totem spawns I know of (These are put in order to the frequency I've seen them)

1.) Inside of a Jungle Gym, specifically the small "nook" area that spawns usually behind a locker.
    2.) Between the haybales in the haybale loops.
    3.) At the base of the dead-cow tree.
    4.) In the corn fields.
    5.) In the nook between the harvester ramp and the harvester platform.
    6.) At the bottom of the killer shack's solid wall.

I'm tired of facing Ruin on every killer I go against at rank 9, let's nuke these totems!

• Depy
    Depy Member Posts: 23

honestly everytime i use ruin it gets found instantly, but when it doesnt i usually have a good game, its not overpowerd. its a god damn hex perk

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Depy said:
    honestly everytime i use ruin it gets found instantly, but when it doesnt i usually have a good game, its not overpowerd. its a god damn hex perk

I've just powered through it on large maps, especially if I kill 1-3 on my side and don't find it. It's especially amusing when I'm able to solo 3 gens (takes forever) on one side of map. But on the other side the killer is chasing 1 person and they can't find the hex Ruin nor get a single gen done .Then you finally either get all 5 gens done and they kill it but leave the Noed totem up.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

I don't think ruin is OP.. just boring to play against as i see it so often.. They more you play as survivor the better you will get at skillchecks and remembering where the totems spawn

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Ruin is perfectly fine where it is and i say that as a survivor main. Yes its annoying and slows down gens if you aren't exactly on the mark, but a killer is SUPPOSED to make your life difficult. Go on a ruin hunt or practice getting better at the skill checks (i still haven't gotten there yet so no, im not saying 'git gud')

Honestly, if they nerf ruin then they need to nerf flashlights, because i understand they are just as annoying for killers as the ruin is for us.

This is just a personal opinion, which does not mean i am right and you are wrong, but honestly, we need to stop crying for nerfs on anything that makes the game just that little bit more difficult for us and find workarounds. I used to think the hag was overpowered until i discovered the power of simply crouching.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

I don't think Ruin is OP, but it certainly changes the dynamics of the match. When I realize its on, I don't even bother doing a gen unless I have a toolbox and a teammate. Otherwise, as soon as I see its on, I just spend the rest of the time looking for it.

Since they do effect the game so much, I don't think skillchecks should be necessary when it can sometimes be damn hard to find the things. But, I think if you cleanse it, the killer should be able to take just as much time as it takes to cleanse one, to relight another. This would give them the option to MOVE the totem if they don't like the initial placement, and doesn't totally defeat a perk slot if its found right away. The killer would need to make a choice, just like the survivors, if they want to take the time to re-light totems.

• Depy
    Depy Member Posts: 23

@powerbats said:

@Depy said:

I've just powered through it on large maps, especially if I kill 1-3 on my side and don't find it. It's especially amusing when I'm able to solo 3 gens (takes forever) on one side of map. But on the other side the killer is chasing 1 person and they can't find the hex Ruin nor get a single gen done .Then you finally either get all 5 gens done and they kill it but leave the Noed totem up.

i see what you mean, alot of times the ruin has a ######### spot but when it gets a good spot survivors have a really hard time, but i think thats just how hex perks work sometimes its trash for the killer, sometimes its trash for the survivors, sometimes its ok ish for both sides.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Complaining about Ruin... SMH
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

Lol
    Ruin is the perk that teaches you to hit great skill checks.
    Once you do, it's just an issue if server lags or not.
    Eventually it will only take you 80 seconds to do gens with ruin, opposed ~70 with skillchecks.
    Can't find ruin in 10 seconds? don't look for it.

• Sarief

ps: only use Ruin on hex builds to make survivors look for totems. Doesn't matter if they have ######### spots, survs seem to flock to it like there's no tomorrow once they see it. Hag rejoices :D

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Sarief said:
    Lol
    Eventually it will only take you 80 seconds to do gens with ruin, opposed ~70 with skillchecks.

Skill checks are client-side.

• Billou
    Billou Member Posts: 28

You know, when you are killer you are already using a spot for a perk who can the minute you are playing be down by survivor with totem. With ruin, you're lucky or unlucky. Ruin allows you to slow the game and give you more time to chase, hook, maybe kill more survivors. When you have some gen rusher it can become pretty indispensable to have ruin. You know what to do as a survivor when the killer have ruin. -Go find the totem. -If you don't find it or the killer is just....camping the totem (haha, yeah, that happened) you just have to do gen.

• Sarief

@Orion said:

@Sarief said:
    Lol

I meant if server lags the "start" of skillcheck can be offset to the point of non existing.
    More so, if it does, you can experience severe fps drops and other stuff.

• Master

@Sarief said:

@Orion said:

@Sarief said:
    Lol

I meant if server lags the "start" of skillcheck can be offset to the point of non existing.

No, skillchecks are client side, they are not affected by lagg.
    The onyl thing you will notice is that you only start repairing the generator 1 sec later after holding M1 (extreme example), but it doesnt affect skillchecks

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Sarief said:

@Orion said:

@Sarief said:
    Lol

FPS drops is usually the only thing that screws me with Ruin. I never bother looking for it unless my team mates are balls awful and can’t hit Greats. If they can, I just work through it. It’s no skin off my nose if the Killer has Ruin. Just slightly irritating when I get a lot of progress, then the Killer comes over, kicks it, and hard patrols the Gen looking for “that one Survivor who can do Gens with Ruin easy.” All while my team mates uselessly run around looking for a Ruin cause they haven’t memorized the totem spawn points of the map yet. 
  • Fengminni
    Fengminni Member Posts: 99
    It is not OP. Just annoying because every killer uses it. 
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

i am a survivor main who sees it alot mostly isnt found until halfway threw the game. yes it is annoying but killers could say the same about DS or SC

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Ruin is irrelevant. I had a trial with Ruin and two generators popped before I managed to find the totem. I didn't even start to look until long after two other totems were cleansed and neither were Ruin.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

So your just... Bad at the game then...

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718
    Tsulan said:
    Vietfox said:
    That made me laugh so hard lol.
  • Greater_Cultist
    Greater_Cultist Member Posts: 81

Hit great skillchecks or find the totem, it's not very difficult to counter and even if you can't hit great skillchecks you won't lose all that much time.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@needreplay said:

You know what DOES have weakpoints? You’re argument

• Unit
    Unit Member Posts: 190

You must be new
  • mmdqah
    mmdqah Member Posts: 1
    Vietfox said:
    But what if the killer is the Doctor what great skill checks u gonna hit:|