The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

No, I'm not sorry. I want to have fun too.

LinkOfSerevillon
LinkOfSerevillon Member Posts: 140
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

Rather I'm a returning player. I see a lot of people talking about how no one wants to play killer yet, when I queue as a killer i'm in queue for almost 15 minutes. I'm particularly bad at killer and I get lucky if I can even manage to get 1 kill.

My best killer is hillbilly but thats because hes super easy and the one shot plus mobility is awesome so I'm sad hes getting nerfed :(.

Not to mention I can camp the hook with the chainsaw.

And thats another thing, I used to never camp because I didnt like it as a survivor, but the problem is that if I'm going to wait 15 minutes for a game to get not a single kill, yeah thats not fun for me. I'll hit people and hook them but I wont get a kill and then everyone escapes.

Then when I didnt camp survivors would talk about how bad I was for not getting a kill but they do the same thing when I do camp.

So yes, I'm bad and if I manage to hook someone, I'm going to camp the hook until I get better playing as a killer. Its not fun for survivors but its also not fun to wait 15 minutes for a game and not be able to kill anyone and barely get bloodpoints compared to instantly getting into games as a survivor.

My ideal perk build for killer is

Hex: No one escapes Death

Hex: Haunted Ground

Make your Choice

Iron Maiden

The only one I have so far is No one escapes death, but as you can tell they are all perks so that I can oneshot and have a chance to hook and hopefully kill. Information perks dont work for me since I still have to hit them twice which is why I love playing Billy, Myers, and Ghostface.

So basically, I'm not sorry that I have to camp and I get more bloodpoints when I do since I get more for that one kill than I would by not camping and having everyone escape. And even if that werent the case I would still have to camp since its not fun to wait ages to get into a game have everyone escape and then have to wait even longer because the survivors wont leave.

I refuse to go to the exit gates since they just go there to taunt at the end and I dont want to give them the satisfaction.

I thought killer queue was only long because of the event but it turns out playing killer is actually pretty popular. It makes sense, because just like in an FPS way more people want to play damage than a healer.

I want to have fun, and its fun knowing that I killed someone no matter the tactic. Its not fun feeling useless and almost like im playing survivor myself.

Comments

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

This is coming from someone who hates being slugged and camped. Just play how you want to, you don’t have to be sorry for it Or explain why you play the way you do. You do not owe anything to anyone.

• LinkOfSerevillon

It works when someone tries to save from the hook then they come in and I down them and put them on another hook. I can't camp both so while I camp one, the other person that gets saved I can down.

Plus I've gotten lucky with getting a lot of ebony moris so I use those too.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

Camping or tunneling is a legal strategy, do not be sorry, when you are the killer you can play the way you want.

• MottledElm
    MottledElm Member Posts: 85

Man, you can play however you want, you paid for the game so play it without listening to every whining survivor you encounter.

The only thing I want to tell you is that if you get involved in more chases, you'll learn the game quicker, you'll learn the maps layout, you'll learn how to mindgame survivors and how to adapt and make decisions quickly. So I suggest you to try to chase more survivors instead of camping, even if it means that everyone escapes, it will pay off in the long run.

• LinkOfSerevillon
    edited July 2020

Probably not but like I said I'm not going to get any better when I have 15 minute queues. If the queues for killer was shorter then maybe I wouldnt camp since I can play games back to back but as it stands, I'm not going to go 15 minutes and not have a kill.

I don't have a problem finding people I have a problem getting them down. I tried before having BBQ and Discordance and it was great until then i realized it didnt matter much since they get away while others do gens.

I've watched a lot of videos I especially like Otzdarva, but I'm just not as good as he is. Maybe that will change when I can get more killer games into a session.

Camping is what works for me and what enabled me to rank up. I was rank 20 for 3 months until I realized that I have to make killer games count.

Plus its out of spite in a way too. SO many survivors once the exit gates power and they can escape wait at the gates and they dont leave just so they can taunt. I've just started to not go and stay in the middle to not give them the satisfaction.

All that just makes me want to make sure I kill atleast one since I'd rather they whine that I killed someone than just call me trash even if its true.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,734

And if you watch Otz does he camp?

You won't ever improve if you do so, it's as simple as that. You'll never improve at downing people if you don't chase many of them and you'll never improve at pressure if you just stay around the hook.

• LinkOfSerevillon

He's good and sometimes he does

I'm more interested at having fun right now than improving, I'll focus on that when I can get games as fast as I can when I play survivor but with a 15 minute queue I have to make the games count.

I've tried not camping for almost 100 hours now and its just resulted in dissapointment. Camping has let me climb rank super fast and have fun.

I'd rather take the 1 kill I can guarantee than get 0 kills and wait another 15 minutes for a game

• LinkOfSerevillon

I'll get more chases if I have more games and can get into them as often as I can with survivor games but as I mentioned many times, I'm not going to wait 15 minutes just to be dissapointed.

• LinkOfSerevillon

Not a priority right now, I'm focused on having fun and with a 15 minute queue its the best way to it.

Ever since I started to camp I've gone up to rank 8 from my rank 20.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I am genuinely curious: you have 15 minute wait times? Mine are borderline instant, especially at peak times. It's like no-one wants to play killer on AU servers. I've been back-to-back BP farming.

And I would also like to say that it is your job to kill everyone, not some people. If you camp to do that, fine, but camping to secure petty kills seems rather pointless, and your experience and skill will not improve. Quite the opposite, most likely.

And, I would also like to frame your waiting argument in another way: "I suck at survivor, I have to wait 15 minutes for a match only to get hard tunelled and facecamped, so I run nothing but DS/UB/DH/Adrenaline". Just a little something to consider, I know it sounds like I'm just being mean but I hope you understand that you are not only exempting yourself from complaining about fun-ruining survivor tactics but you are also lending them an (admittedly false) sense of legitimacy.

• LinkOfSerevillon

Yes, knowing they are going to die. Its more fun that feeling like I wasted 15 minutes to get into a game and another 5 when I did nothing. I'd rather do nothing that makes me feel like i did something.

• LinkOfSerevillon

Yup around 15 to 20 for killer and instant for survivor.

I'm not able to kill everyone since im pretty bad at that and have no intentions to improve with me only being able to get maybe 2-3 matches in per day as killer.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yeah, I have a similar number of matches a day, but I definitely didn't let that stop me from constantly getting destroyed until I sort of started doing well by pouring out buckets of sweat. And I get it, it's not fun, but I never found camping to be that fun either. It's so 1-dimensional. I would honestly be that you get even more bored of it than you get frustated by being bulldozed. Though I would suggest pulling back from the hook to gently facilitate more chases, that way you can get better and still get a few kills in. Maybe. It's kind of map dependant.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Meh, not really sure why you feel you need to justify yourself or your playstyle. Both sides can play however they like, despite the fact that people say this then go ahead and complain about EVERYTHING the opposite side does.

But in the end the moral of the story is this: You do you.

It doesn't get much more complicated than that.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

camping and tunneling slugging all suck but you play how ever you want killer not playing so survivor can't just have fun,but it true you'll never improve if you do all that start of the match but there is a time and place in game to camp and tunnel slug.

• DaddyPyramidHead
    DaddyPyramidHead Member Posts: 33

Myc and iron maiden seem useless for camping. Probably should use insidious and switch to Bubba instead of billy if your all about the camping life.

• LinkOfSerevillon

I mean yes, but the survivors get free escapes by playing against me so I don't see the difference.

The whole point of that build is to get a kill in some way.

• LinkOfSerevillon

I dont use insidious because im not trying to chase someone else, if i do they get unhooked and then everyone escapes again. My goal is just to make sure that person dies since itll probably be the only kill i get. Make your choice is just in case i manage to down someone else and get them hooked since i cant camp both places at once.

I could change it to monstrous shrine and in the case i get someone in basement since its also just as situational.

• LinkOfSerevillon

You don't have to be particulary coordinated t beat me anyway. I used to be rank 20 when i didnt camp anyone.

• DaddyPyramidHead
    DaddyPyramidHead Member Posts: 33

If u use insidious and they get unhooked they wont have bt. So u can down them again. Bubba ensures no saves.

• LinkOfSerevillon
    edited July 2020

I've never had that problem since I usually have chainsaw always revved up with Hillbilly so that if anyone comes close I down them and then switch to camping them. It wont be possible anymore when the nerfs to him go live and ill probably drop back to rank 20 since that heavily carried me, but Bubba cant do it in his base kit anyway since id have to feather the chainsaw which is more work than just releasing it on billy. I never get to see anyone use Borrowed time anyway at that point.

• Siberia
    Siberia Member Posts: 353

Do what you want but it’s a sh*t strategy. Good survivors will know not to go for the saves against a camper. They’ll do gens & escape. And then you’re left with one kill.

It’s a noob, braindead play style & tbh I find it really boring. (Plus you won’t get better playing like that.) But again, you do you.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

If you want to camp play as bubba with agitation and iron grasp to try and get someone to basement and then you could run NOED and whatever other perk you like. You probably still won't ever get more than 1 kill on average, but if you're going to do something at least do it well.

• LinkOfSerevillon

Often times they do but I dont care as long as I get 1 kill atleast after waiting for 15 minutes. It feels better than getting no kills and have all the survivors taunt me at the end.

Like I said its clear that I am not good so I do this. I'm not concerned with trying to improve right now with the long queue times. I'll worry about that when I can get into games as fast as I can on survivor.

• LinkOfSerevillon

Not really concerned with doing well since like I said, its either camp and get 1 kill or have every survivor escape the match and feel useless after a 15 minute queue. So I'd rather get the one kill and make a survivor feel as useless as I did. Plus everytime they taunt at the gates or just trashtalk at the endgame chat it makes me just want to camp even more.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

You realize that’s how people learn, right? You will never improve at anything in life if you don’t try.

Stubbornly refusing to learn to play the game than pouting and taking it out on another player is pathetic, don’t see why you are looking for pity here.

• LinkOfSerevillon

Well I'm not able to learn much when I have to wait 15 minutes for a game.

I've tried and ive been most succesful and have the most fun when I camp.

I didn't ask for pity and don't particularly care. I'm simply stating that this is what I'm going to do because people like to say camping isnt fun for survivor and neither is waiting ages for a game for survivors to taunt at the exit gates and trash talk in the end game chat.

Maybe if queue times were lower I would devote some time to trying and learning to play without having to camp, but as it is I only really play 1 or 2 games a day and im not going back to the days where I would walk out with 0 kills for it.

• LinkOfSerevillon
    edited July 2020

I made a post so I could direct people after a game that trashtalk about me camping and whining so I don't have to type out an explanation everytime.

I already explained how its not fun to have all survivors escape and feel like I'm useless and have the survivors rub it in.

I have fun playing just like I do now and would love to improve if my queue times werent so long. As it stands camping has brought me from rank 20 to rank 8 and given my pleasure vs wasting another 100 hours where every game al survivors escaped. Atleast 1 kill guaranteed is fun for me.

As it stands now, camping has been the most successful and is an outlet for rage whenever survivors taunt at the exit gates.

• LinkOfSerevillon

Exactly. Because its been successful for me.

I've played a lot of survivor and just don't enjoy pressing m1 for ages.

Like I said, I would have more time to play the killers and get better if my queue times arent 15 minutes + for a game as killer.

I feel like i'm just on repeat at this point.

It's been the best way to make games meaningful for me.

• Guuuusa
    Guuuusa Member Posts: 4

You're playing killer, in the eyes of survivors you are not their friend, you're not their competitor, rather you're their enemy who's there to take away the fun of constant flashlight saves, pallet stuns, epic window techs and the such.

My advice: just stop caring so much about what internet strangers say to you.

• LinkOfSerevillon

Yeah, its not that I feel so bad as to want to suicide, but it just makes me feel fulfilled I guess to get atleast 1 kill. And it only bothered me because they were right, the truth hurts.

• catbeans
    catbeans Member Posts: 316

You will never get better by using a crutch like camping. All you are doing is ruining games for others and keeping yourself in garbage tier.

• catbeans
    edited July 2020

Well I could hack the game. You can piss off if you want to tell me that's wrong. I paid for the game right? Who gives a ######### about the experience others are having.

• catbeans

You don't want to lose after waiting 15 minutes for a game...seems over exaggerated but ok sure. Well I dont want to wait for a game only to get in one, then get chased for 3 to 5 minutes straight and be face camped by a scrub who lacks the skill to actually play the game.

• TheVVitch
    TheVVitch Member Posts: 224
    edited July 2020

You said previously in this thread that you are now rank 8, so your queue times should no longer be 15 minutes. Green/Purple ranks are prime matchmaking ranks for killer queue times. If you still feel it takes too long, try playing during peak hours.

With your queue times lower, what is your argument for continuing this strategy?

You already manage to get 1 hook to camp, why not focus on doing that more and getting better with chases? I don't see how camping a hook is any fun or challenging at all after waiting in your supposedly 15 minute queues. Sounds like a complete waste of time and goes against your initial reasons for camping. If your reason that you started camping was to rank up to decrease your queue times, they should be significantly shorter by now. Continuing this skill-less playstyle will only be a detriment to your killer play in the long run. There's no gratification or proof of skill to be earned from this. Sure your rank is getting higher, but everyone including you knows that's not indicative of your actual skill as killer.

I also recommend you play survivor to see learn how to win chases and also to see how terrible it is to encounter a killer wanting to only play the game their way by camping a hook.

To understand and be good at this game, knowing how to play both sides is extremely beneficial.