The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivor Rank Glitch

I found out Survivors can exploit this and use it there advantage to bring in high rank players to turn there Rank to 20 to face low rank killers. I have no idea how to do it but lately I've been going against higher rank survivors with low rank people. A week ago I faced 4 people rank 15, 16, 19, and 4.... I'm 15. was that balanced match making or am I over thinking it...  there's been more that one. It's just thats the only I really remember off the top of my head. 

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

This exploit is called SWF (survive with friends) and it breaks multiple aspects of the game.
    Part of it is matchmaking, but the most outstanding issues occur due to voice communication within the SWF

The only thing a killer can do about that is lobby dodging.
    If survivors join very shortly afetr each other or even at the same time, then it is most likely a SWF. The "leave lobby" button exists for a reason, dont be afraid to use it until devs address the SWF issues :wink:

• Shadopaw
    Shadopaw Member Posts: 34

With SWF ... This happens.. Nothing to do with your rank. .
    IF you Que up with a Rank 20 Survivior you can Play Against Rank 20 killers... .
    Had a Rank one in my Game the other Day

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    I need to watch put for that at most id deal with 2 not 4
  • SteveyHooves
    SteveyHooves Member Posts: 246
    Master said:

This exploit is called SWF (survive with friends) and it breaks multiple aspects of the game.
    Part of it is matchmaking, but the most outstanding issues occur due to voice communication within the SWF

If survivors join very shortly afetr each other or even at the same time, then it is most likely a SWF. The "leave lobby" button exists for a reason, dont be afraid to use it until devs address the SWF issues :wink:

I hope they deal with it sooner than later. It's annoying getting all these high ranks. 
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Rank should be removed. Instead new players will not be matched against anyone with X-amount of matches played or time played and will only be matched with other new players. After you hit that X threshold then everyone will be matched with everyone. Rank reset and SWF means that your rank means nothing unless you play solo. SWF will never go away because it would upset to much of the community since this game splits its player base, and most likely won't be affected in any negative light. I mean as a solo player I can now see when the obsession is being chased...for no good reason I get this information for free and now have 0 fear of being caught on my generator...for no reason...

SWF is a huge problem we need to just learn to live with if we want to play this game because nothing will be changed. By no means do I claim to know the solution and I can only imagine the Devs don't have a perfect solution either, so the best option we have is to simply live and let live.

• SteveyHooves
    I just this is a real problem. I agree i don't think the devs know the perfect solution but I think this exploit is a plague on killers. It should be fixed though. When I had my friends asking me to do the exploit. I refused because I know what it's like to be a low ranked killer. 
  • SteveyHooves
    So I just finished a match and I have the results. it wasn't the only like this tonight either. It's starting to become more stressful finding a balanced match where the game isn't being glitches the game to stay get higher rank. 

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

It is called SWF. If you group up, as a R1 survivors with one R20 survivor in SWF group, you will probably always face a R20-11 killers.

It would be unfair for that one, R20 survivor to play against higher rank killer, am I right?

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited September 2018
    Just make the higest rank survivour prioritise the killers rank forget the rest of the low rank survivours on the team. This will make sure that players who genuinely want to play with their lower ranked friends can. 
  • nooxet
    nooxet Member Posts: 88

@Zarathos said:
    Just make the higest rank survivour prioritise the killers rank forget the rest of the low rank survivours on the team. This will make sure that players who genuinely want to play with their lower ranked friends can. 

The Problem with this is people exploit this and make smurf accounts just so they can bully and annoy low rank players. Only way to fix this problem is to make a different ranking system that would match players with similar skill level.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@SteveyHooves said:
    Master said:

I hope they deal with it sooner than later. It's annoying getting all these high ranks. 

Deranked to rank 12 in order to have a nice environment to play spirit. Half of my games consist of SWF with red ranks now, tryhrading with DS and flashlight. Games are even worse than at rank 8ish

Just a bad joke tbh, but I guess you can use the "exit lobby" button if you want.... (nice game design though)

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited September 2018

It's because of SWF, it's not an exploit but a bug/feature made by the devs

2 high rank + 2 low rank - vs Rank 13-18 Killer

this has been since launch, nothing has been done about it

• SteveyHooves
    I'm just asking for this exploit to be fixed. It's a way to kick low rank killers. Why are they the being forced to face high survivor's due to an exploit? 
  • SteveyHooves

It's because of SWF, it's not an exploit but a bug/feature made by the devs

2 high rank + 2 low rank - vs Rank 13-18 Killer

this has been since launch, nothing has been done about it

Well good to know yo rank up they want to know you're good enough to face ranks 1's. How... generous of them. I love how low rank killers are just the butt of the joke in this. 

Devs:
    "Got a rank 1? Oh well better luck next time! Killers you want to change your rank to 20 to destroy some survivors and up your rank easy? Nope can't do that. That's unfair."

The hypocrisy. Now I really understand why they didn't do it for Killers. It's 1v4 where with survivors you need a catylist... so it would actually be beyond unfair. This bug/feature doesn't help. It's bad and the devs should feel bad they ignored it for this long. As a low rank killer I hate how I'm suppose to shut up and take this. 

Thank you to everyone who responded... it's been helpful 
  • Demonsouls1993
    Demonsouls1993 Member Posts: 261
    Master said:

They wont cuz then the rank 20s well cry that they are getting rank 1 killers
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    nooxet said:

@Zarathos said:

The Problem with this is people exploit this and make smurf accounts just so they can bully and annoy low rank players. Only way to fix this problem is to make a different ranking system that would match players with similar skill level.

Thas my point if you make it so the highest rank player on the team dictates the rank of the killer it would mean that no one elses rank on the team would matter. So if you have a rank 20 player,  a rank 15 player, a rank 8 player and a rank 1 player. You will get killers from the higher rank 1 brackets as their is a rank 1 player on your team. The lower ranks arent aggregated for an average the highest rank player decides the killer you face. 
  • donthaveamain
    donthaveamain Member Posts: 1
    This isn't an exploit or anything. If a rank 1 survivor (up to 3 with swf) goes into the survivor tutorial and the 4th swf person invites them the 3 who went into that tutorial will show up as rank 20. So they will search fkr rank 20 X 3 and the last survivor which let's say is a rank 4 = 64 : 4 = rank 16 killer. It got patched but they always find a way. At the end of the match the normal ranks will show up so then it could show that they had 3 rank 1's and one rank 4.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    So I just finished a match and I have the results. it wasn't the only like this tonight either. It's starting to become more stressful finding a balanced match where the game isn't being glitches the game to stay get higher rank. 

So you got fleeced, minus. Mikey boy could struggle with some ranks due to low speed beginning match. Be cool if killers could see rank.