Would it be a good idea to allow killers to see survivors' ranks?

calciumstructure
calciumstructure Member Posts: 13

What the title says. This is mainly a temporary solution to the cesspool of matchmaking (even though I know MMR is coming up) as it is right now, as lower rank killers are paired up really often with red rank survivors and it's frustrating to be a rank 11 or so killer getting paired with purple and red ranks.

I could see how this could be abused however, if you're a red rank killer and see lower ranks and just take that as an easy 4K. Should survivors be allowed to see the killer's rank in return (barring actually seeing the killer and who they are of course)? What do you all think? Yes? Maybe with some changes/conditions? No entirely?

Would it be a good idea to allow killers to see survivors' ranks? 48 votes

Yes!
33% 16 votes
Maybe (please specify!)
4% 2 votes
No.
62% 30 votes

Comments

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195

I get the point with seeing Ranks, but even the Devs admitted that your rank doesn't designates your skill. Each game is something new and there is always a possibility to win. I personally believe that it would make waiting for matches longer due to people being scared about what they might be facing. You need to play at people with more experience to get better.

• JustZed32
    JustZed32 Member Posts: 213

Ok, lets just claim you just to see how much hours did they play. Thats mostly the point

• Hanselpup
    Hanselpup Member Posts: 187

It could cause killers to tunnel low rank survivors knowing they’re bad. I wouldn’t see an issue in KYF though.

• jadss
    jadss Member Posts: 207

it kinda depends on the kiiller itself, and not in the idea. So idk, I think it could potetially be a good idea.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

If people don't like what they see, they should be able to dip, on both sides. I don't see the point in putting people in a match they know would be frustrating for them. While something like seeing which killer it is would be too much for balance reasons, seeing ranks doesn't seem too bad.

If someone is rank 15 and sees rank 1's in their game, they should be able to just nope out. If matchmaking was fixed it wouldn't be needed though.

• IamDwight
    IamDwight Member Posts: 236

No. It would be heavily abused and the killer would target the obviously lower ranked survivor.

• Nanglaur
    Nanglaur Member Posts: 124
    edited July 2020

No. This was a thing in the old days and it was removed because of the fact that you get an idea of how the match is going to be before you even play it. So no more skipping games based on the ranks of the survivors and no more choosing the survivors you want to play against.

PS: They didnt fix the matchmaking that much during all this time, so you can actually see why this is an "important feature" for better or worse.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

Allow the killer to see survivor ranks

Allow the survivors to see the killer's rank

Allow the killer to see if the survivors are in an SWF

Allow the solo queue survivors to see if the other survivors are in an SWF

Allow survivors to each other's levels

• Neuslock
    Neuslock Member Posts: 18

I'll say no couse seen the rank will only made you think how the game would go before even playing it and in the end the rank just mean you like playing with that character