The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New gen rush perk

Imagine a perk when every time you hook someone all gens that aren't being actively fixed start regressing, and all gens being fixed lose 6/8/10 percent of possible progress.

My intent with the perk is to encourage killers to chase and hook as much as possible and dissuade camping. Additionally, there is counter play, you just have to stop fixing every time you see the killer pick someone up, so the gen will only regress, and you can start fixing again.

But, there is also synergy with knock out, so survivors can't see when you pick people up, so that specific mind game is more in the killers favor.

What do yall think?

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    El_Sneako said:

Imagine a perk when every time you hook someone all gens that aren't being actively fixed start regressing, and all gens being fixed lose 6/8/10 percent of possible progress.

My intent with the perk is to encourage killers to chase and hook as much as possible and dissuade camping. Additionally, there is counter play, you just have to stop fixing every time you see the killer pick someone up, so the gen will only regress, and you can start fixing again.

But, there is also synergy with knock out, so survivors can't see when you pick people up, so that specific mind game is more in the killers favor.

What do yall think?

Great idea! :)
  • deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262
    I actually like this one of the few suggestions that doesn’t favor one side good job
  • RagingCalm
    RagingCalm Member Posts: 408

@Peanits ;);) maybe give this to McClean?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

It's actually a nice idea

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    add a little bonus regression when the hook first happens (say 3%-5%) and that sounds like a great perk 
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    And use a token system hit number 5 and all free gens regress untill totem I gone
  • Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    And use a token system hit number 5 and all free gens regress untill totem I gone
    Totem? No, making it a hex perk would make it useless.
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Only if they find it if you rub it with multiple others they spend time searching totems out while you hunt
  • Michiko
    Michiko Member Posts: 623
    El_Sneako said:

What do yall think?

This is an amazing suggestion.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited September 2018

@El_Sneako said:

What do yall think?

To be honest, how is taht suppost to work?
    Thats a perk that can COMPLETELY be nullified by survivors as you explained. Regression is really weak as the devs explained last Q&A and is not viable if thats the only effect. No killer would use such a perk.

Knock out is a useles perk too. I tried in the last days to get a slugging build together and SWF makes that perk useless too.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@El_Sneako said:

What do yall think?

Wouldn't work against good survivors. Bad or average survivors don't even gen rush.

Just like blood warden, people will just wait until you hang the person and continue to work on the generator.

All the generators could lose %10 and start to regress but it might be a little bit OP if it is enforced with pop goes the weasel and hex ruin.

It is a very good idea though. I wish devs were looking at the forums more often because many great ideas have just vanished.

• El_Sneako
    El_Sneako Member Posts: 21

@Master said:
    Thats a perk that can COMPLETELY be nullified by survivors as you explained. Regression is really weak as the devs explained last Q&A and is not viable if thats the only effect. No killer would use such a perk.

Knock out is a useles perk too. I tried in the last days to get a slugging build together and SWF makes that perk useless too.

Too be honest, I would prefer what you said, I want a perk that rewards killers that don't camp and can build momentum. The only problem is that if there are two people on a team that suck, it can completely wreck the other two. I know that past rank 10 killers have it super rough, and yeah it wouldn't be overpowered there, but the devs balance for rank 20 and if I started with an ACTUALLY good perk they would take one look and sprint the other way, creating a perk that gives free gen progress for each hook.

• Master
    El_Sneako said:

@Master said:

Too be honest, I would prefer what you said, I want a perk that rewards killers that don't camp and can build momentum. The only problem is that if there are two people on a team that suck, it can completely wreck the other two. I know that past rank 10 killers have it super rough, and yeah it wouldn't be overpowered there, but the devs balance for rank 20 and if I started with an ACTUALLY good perk they would take one look and sprint the other way, creating a perk that gives free gen progress for each hook.

Well that's how it's supposed to be in a team game,  also don't forget that swf is a thing 
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Vankruze said:
    Another wishlist thread in general discussions big shock.

He asked what we thought. We are discussing his idea so it makes sense this thread to be in here.

He wants our feedback and when he gathers enough information, he can create the same thread in wishlist with an improved version of it.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

I like snowball perks.

Take my upvote!

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,442

@El_Sneako said:

What do yall think?

I like the idea of your perk but Knock Out will never be a good perk even with this synergy. Empathy and being SWF make it do literally nothing.

Apart from that it seems fine. Generally the only time a generator is left unrepaired (progressed but not done) is when that survivor enters a chase and the killer doesn't go there to kick it. Using a perk slot to not have to go to the generator and kick it seems fair. For all other unfinished generators the survivors can just go back and tap them after they finish unhooking or whatever else reason they had to not finish the generator.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@Madjura said:

@El_Sneako said:

What do yall think?

I like the idea of your perk but Knock Out will never be a good perk even with this synergy. Empathy and being SWF make it do literally nothing.

Apart from that it seems fine. Generally the only time a generator is left unrepaired (progressed but not done) is when that survivor enters a chase and the killer doesn't go there to kick it. Using a perk slot to not have to go to the generator and kick it seems fair. For all other unfinished generators the survivors can just go back and tap them after they finish unhooking or whatever else reason they had to not finish the generator.

Not everyone uses empathy tho.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,442

@BigBadPiggy said:

@Madjura said:

@El_Sneako said:

What do yall think?

Not everyone uses empathy tho.

They don't now but if they are Knock Out does nothing. If Knock Out ever becomes good enough to be a metaperk then everyone will run Empathy which makes Knock Out do nothing. And Empathy isn't even bad even if the killer isn't running Knock Out. Knock Out needs some sort of additional effect to be good.

• SirSenorSerbian
    SirSenorSerbian Member Posts: 13

Isn't this just a better Pop Goes The Weasel then,like why would you run PGTW if you can run this

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

Interesting idea, this will encourage survivors to work on one generator at a time or two at a time because if they work on 3 or more than lots of regression could be applied.

• sounds like a pretty good idea, especially with killers like freddy or shape, but might get rid of some pig players.

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

I think I'd use it.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Slap this onto Monstrous Shrine imo
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Delfador said:

@El_Sneako said:

What do yall think?

Wouldn't work against good survivors. Bad or average survivors don't even gen rush.

Just like blood warden, people will just wait until you hang the person and continue to work on the generator.

All the generators could lose %10 and start to regress but it might be a little bit OP if it is enforced with pop goes the weasel and hex ruin.

It is a very good idea though. I wish devs were looking at the forums more often because many great ideas have just vanished.

I've noticed that many ideas have been implemented though.... haunted grounds came from here, rancor came from here (with some twists) along with spirit fury..... latest is the legion, I remember seeing posts asking for a killer that played like a survivor and so we have it now 
  • Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

i actually really like this idea, but 10% for every gen being worked on sounds like a bit much, since you have high potential to get 30% out of it (along with the bonus regression from setting every gen not worked on into regression mode) which is larger then pop goes the weasel. 5% sounds good to me with maybe an extra 5% for first hook of a player?

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

we have pop goes the weasel

• pallet_eater
    pallet_eater Member Posts: 21

@Master said:

@El_Sneako said:

What do yall think?

Its amazing how much the game breaks due to SWF.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I really like this, nice one!

• Master
    edited December 2018

@pallet_eater said:

@Master said:

@El_Sneako said:

What do yall think?

Its amazing how much the game breaks due to SWF.

No, its sad