Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Never loose your progress

Two days ago I lost my prgosress after disconnecting after my Network crashed for maybe an half minute. After this the MOST of my charakters got reset to level 1. The original charakters didnt lost that much progress. The Trapper was p2 level 39, Jage 43 and the others level 1 till 8. But I keept all my cosmetics and my progress in the rift.

After this I submited a ticket and I was suprised how quick I got an answer (a very friendly answer). Its one of the nicest supporterteam I ever saw. But this morning I woke up ( I´m from Germany so I got the E-mail after midnight) and I saw following lines:

"Hello,

Thank you for complying.

Upon checking your account history, we have confirmation that the information you have sent us does not match the information we have in our database. Due to this, we will not credit your account with Bloodpoints.

Thank you for your understanding.

See you in the fog...

The Dead by Daylight Team"

I actually have 880 hours in the Game and I think I lost maybe 830 till 850.

Here is the lin k to my steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198342091705/

But I have to say that I played some rounds yesterday and mybe this is the problem and in this case I would be sorry but the supporter can see my actuall progress and my playinghours in steam so he can put 1 and 1 together and knows this is unrealistic.

What do you think about this situation and the support and so on? And why every supporter is called Errol even in Garrys Mod, is that a secret code?

See u in the Fog

PS: Im from Germany maybe this is why u cant underestand my english

Comments

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Awww im sorry dude :( I hope they give you your time back

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

It seems like the initial error was it not updating their records, and the system's solution was to roll back your account. And I'd be willing to bet that the reason they don't want to recredit you your lost progress is because of a company policy.

Also, English is a germanic language, so you can use German syntax with English words and get your point across just fine (for the most part). And your English is actually pretty good.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,189

Damn that's harsh... if this happens to me, i'll probably never play this game again..

(Apparently devotion level is still there, so maybe you can resubmit your status with that devotion status? Because it's unrealistic for a devotion 3 people to have almost all characters at level 1)

• Fiv55
    Fiv55 Member Posts: 350

I lost my progress back then, when it was stored on the pc. Stopped playing, they changed the system to store it on their end as well as got a new computer. Talked to customer service and I got a ton of bloodpoints for my lost progress.

Imho you should talk to the support again, bc your progress is definetly not legit. Check your dbd stats (earned BP) on https://dbd.onteh.net.au/ (you need a public profile) and tell them how many BP you've earned.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

It seems like an issue with what is stored at their end compared to what your system is saying.

I would try deleting the game and removing everything related to dbd from your system. Restarting the system and then reinstall the game. It may then pull the data back from their servers.