Respect the killer and leave

Options

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

There are counters for survs at exit gate. EGC will force them out, killer going there will force them out and Deathslinger as said already. Very easy counter at that.

There are scenarios with one slugged and the only other alive where there is no counter at all except for letting one bleed out/hooked last second. Unbreakable is one time use and doesn’t help when there are multiple gens to go. It’s just prolonging the game to prevent bad bad hatch escape

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293
    Options

I cant count how many times a sweatlord billy has slugged a whole team then go afk to let them bleed out for 4 minutes.

Rubbish players do Rubbish things

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,904
    Options

This thread is hilarious! Just force them out. Not hard.

• Khakuate
    Khakuate Member Posts: 287
    Options

This is a game, you dont have to play respectful, you play how you WANT.

I paid money too, and staying at the exit gate isn't bannable, so yeah cry harder

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Gen rushing is a gameplay, so is tunnelling and camping. Tbagging at the exits is not gameplay, its just unsporting behaviour. I ll stay in the exit gates every time if a survivor is still on the map, I ll bait the killer and take a hit, but i wont t bag cos I have class, unlike most players 👌🏻

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I don't mean t-bagging. I wait so when the killer hits a survivor at the door I can take at least 1 or 2 protection hits before I leave.

Nothing toxic, just me being a point ######### lol

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

not a solution because soon as you get there one will always just 360 around you till you hit them ones then go out the gate wasted my time survivors just want last bad word as they go i say just go.

why i said not a solution i told killer don't give the survivors the satisfaction go do your power or get points another way let the survivors stand there like moron.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    edited July 2020
    Options

It's why Deathslinger is such a blessing. There's a sweet sweet feeling when pulling a tbagging surv back from safety juuuuuuuust when the countdown runs out <3

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576
    Options

Yup and they were salty when they get hit when they are on the hook. (Devs got this removed from the game)

But then they teabags at the exit gate

These people are Just being hypocrites.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Nobody blames the survivors for that though. All the complaints are around the mechanics of the game not the survivors that are just doing the objective

• Dweeteater
    Dweeteater Member Posts: 37
    Options

Well what else are you gonna do bro? Have a mini breakdown because the survivor is taunting at the gates for the umpteenth time? Sack up and end the match. Only you have the power to.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Mm it's crazy. When I'm at exit gate playing as survivor and see people just standing there I wave to them to come and then leave, but they probably stick around to t-bag. It's so childish and sad for killer that has to just stand somewere and wait for game to end.

• Mooks
    Options

That’s definitely not true. It’s literally used as insulting term from killers as „tunneler“ and „camper“ is from survivors. Maybe not as much in the forums but often enough in end game chat

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options
  • Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

The longer the match runs the more experience points everyone earns including the killer. Experience points earns Iridescent Shards which buys non premium cosmetics / killers / survivors / perks. So by staying in the match longer Survivors are only helping the killer get all of these.

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389
    Options

Can't believe that you are that much innocent that believes that survivors only do that for the good sake of the killer. You made me laugh at least.

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957
    Options

Survivors do it to troll Killers, they likely do so without knowing that they are giving the Killer Iridescent Shards.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Just because you have to deal with it doesn't mean it isn't wrong, but if that's trully how you feel, I wonder if you ever gave someone grief for camping, tunneling, or slugging? Jesus, some people can't see the forest for the trees

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options

And? If I buy killers and don't gaf about the lore, that does aost nothing for me. I get where your coming from, but I don't also, because I just don't see why justify it in the first place. It be like saying there's nothing wrong with segregation..maybe it can be argued that their would be less racial tension if folks stuck to their own kind, but is that justification for having the mindset?

Incoming "it's not that serious bro" for analogy and that ever moving goalpost.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    edited July 2020
    Options

1) survivors in exit gates oblivious

2) disable DS in exit gates

3) allow to instantly mori downed survivors in exit gates

:^)

edit: 4) survivors cant crawl out, if killer is standing in exit gates, too

( ° ͜ʖ °) do it

• Dweeteater
    Dweeteater Member Posts: 37
    Options

There's varying degrees. Of course it's wrong to just sit there until egc is up if the Killer doesn't come. Ultimately it's up to you how long the pissing match goes is all I'm saying. The fog is your yard.

Also don't act like you've never stopped to savor a sweet victory for a bit. I'm a Killer main and i get it.

• vector
    vector Member Posts: 227
    Options

what wonders me is that survivors tell killer how to play the game (what perks should not be used, what strategy should not be applied) but all killers complain is about tbaging, prolonging the the game by not leaving when they can. Killer`s compains are about things that has no impact direct on gameplay itself but about social aspect.

• aznfruitboii
    aznfruitboii Member Posts: 38
    Options

Well, killers do complain about survivor perks as well (if you looked at the forums about reworking ds and etc). I think it's fine to discuss changes to specific perks since i don't really care if people want a perk to be changed

• vector
    vector Member Posts: 227
    edited July 2020
    Options

i remember a guy was staying at the gates w8ting for me and tbaging. afterwards i asked not to waste time next time (he was the only one that escaped ) and he said he did it because i was "slugging". Amazing. They see no difference between mocking for the sake of mocking and element of gameplay when you put down one surv and starting chasing another because he is close to you.

they whine about it on forum and not after each game in chat.

• aznfruitboii
    aznfruitboii Member Posts: 38
    Options

Usually if i'm waiting at the exit gates i'm either

A) Making sure everyone gets out

B) I could get wglf stacks and the killer gets hit points

• ZephanUnbound
    ZephanUnbound Member Posts: 227
    edited July 2020
    Options

I don't ever tea-bag at exit, or at all during a game, because I'm not toxic. But I do wait at exit for awhile (not the entire timer), both to get those final bold points for escaping a chase as you run out the exit, as well as to be nice and give the killer extra points for the free hit.

Post edited by ZephanUnbound on
  • oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I do leave once I know no one is going to need my help unless they do something so silly that I wouldn't want to help them in the first place, like somehow finding a way to go from standing at the exit line to a hook.

But you can just chase them out if they don't. And if you really don't want to do that, EGC will take care of it in less time than it takes for a survivor to bleed out on the ground. Just go get something to drink or something and by the time you're back they're either out or dead.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

The Survivors Rulebook For Killers is an actual problem that has existed in DBD since it began, what with survivors victimising themselves against the big bad killers and creating a bunch of rules that you should follow if you aren't a heartless monster. Ironically, the counterplay to literally everything the killer can do is just to rush the generators and leave. And, also ironically, it is acceptable for most of the survivors that worship the Rulebook to t-bag, hook bomb, run full meta builds, be in a full tryhard party, bring every item and claim them to be worthless, play ultra safe against m1 killers and then call them trash, and most recently: Run DS/UB.

And yet the Killers Rulebook Jor Survivors has never been a meme or joke, except in the sense that people joke about it ever existing even as a meme or joke. I wonder why that is.

• Thatsmartguy
    Thatsmartguy Member Posts: 188
    Options

I was joking cuz I find it funny how u quote killers crying about x item when 8/10 it's a survivor on the forums crying about something a killer perk or something a killer does. Not butt hurt just found it funny. But u seem to be

• jayru
    jayru Member Posts: 64
    Options

Whenever I am in a game where the gen's pop fast the killer often tunnels/camps. I have never had a killer say "omg noob you gen rushed". See my logic here?

• Mooks
    Options

Looking at these forums, survivors are definitely not the only ones victimizing themselves against something big bad...

sorry but that’s just not a one side thing, those people exist on both sides, and while i wasn’t here from the beginning I am really confident about the fact that this was always coming from the whole community. Both rulebooks are just memes, there are people on both sides making ‚rules‘ for the other side.

• Mooks
    Options

Only because you didn’t see it doesn’t mean it does not exist.

i have been called a „toxic genrusher“ or similar way more often while playing survivor than I have been called a „tunneler“ or „camper“. But I am not denying that killers getting accused of tunneling/camping (when not doing it) is a problem.

• IronKnight55
    Options

The killer can just force them out. Why is this so hard for killers to do? lol

• MadLordJack
    Options

Unfortunately, the rulebook "meme" isn't really a meme any longer, or else killers wouldn't get insulted and abused in post game chats for not following it. Unless you are suggesting that all of the toxicity and bullying is just a part of the meme?

• Mooks
    Options

All the insulting and abusive postgame chat is not only done by survivors but also by killers. And killers use also their rules such as forbidden usage of DS or Adrenaline here. So nothing survivor exclusive.

and if the survivors really use the term „rulebook“ in their insults, I will always see it as memeing or not meaning it seriously. I have never seen it used seriously, not even in the forum endgamechat screenshots that show all the toxic survs

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389
    Options

In a game there are 4 survivors and 1 killer, is easy to think that the toxicity borns on the survivor side, because there are 4 possible toxic players, against 1. In my experience, Killers tend to be "toxic" as a reaction of the survivors behaviour.

• MadLordJack
    edited July 2020
    Options

I can tell you right now that it is far, far more common for survivors to verbally abuse killers than the other way around. I play more survivor than killer these days, and the sheer amount of times I have seen my "teammates" attack the killer out of the blue is insane. It most certainly happens more often than the other way around. In fact, I almost never see a killer mention survivor perks til someone starts the insultsAll of that insulting and abusive post-game? That's almost always started by the survivors, usually after the killer drops a "GG".

And second, you are missing the point. I, too, have never seen anyone use the term "rulebook", and yet they constantly go on about things covered by the once-sarcastic rulebook. That is the problem. The one-time-joke has practically become an actual thing. You are confusing the concept of the "rulebook" with the actual impact that these imaginary rules have on individual trials. And, as I have stated, it is not something that goes both ways. If I hold my teammates to the basic standard of not running DS/UB, I become an undercover killer main that was secretly teaming the entire time. That accusation has been thrown at me more than once. And woe unto me if I, the killer, point out in the middle of my obligatory, one-sided roast that one (or all) of my opponents did something that could be considered toxic, because survivors don't have to follow any imaginary rules to make the game more fun for killers, apparently.

• jayru
    jayru Member Posts: 64
    Options

Even if someone did say that, I doubt its been more than one occasion. I'd say 65% of my matches 1 kill 2 kills 4 kills 0 kills the survivors always have something to complain about. I'm higher rank as survivor and i gotta say, usually survivors are arsehats

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

And give scumbag survivors the chance to t-bag at exit gate? It's all they stay for so that is what they want. No best thing is to just go to the middle of the map and wait it out.

• Mooks
    edited July 2020
    Options

@MadLordJack @jayru

I never said it’s equally from both sides, obviously it’s more common to see from survivor side because there are more survivors totally and more survivors in one match (4 vs 1).

but saying toxicity from killer only comes after they get insulted by survivors is just not true and totally ignorant.

i am not denying that survivors do it more often, but you obviously don’t want to see the problem from the killer side, which will ensure even more toxicity on survivor side. It’s a cycle that didn’t start on one side and doesn’t end on one side alone.

regarding the rulebook, again, both sides use ‚their‘ rulebook the same, and definitely not just one person at one time on the oh so holy and nice killer side. ITS BOTH SIDES. There is no better side here.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

Felt bad last night.

I had a challenge (old tome) that required someone leave before I do, only problem is they wanted to sit and tbag at the exit gate so I had to wait with them...

Apologized to the killer after (a new level 20 player) and explained they should expect this behavior sadly but not let it ruin their experience.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    edited July 2020
    Options

The satisfaction they get from hanging out at the exit gate isn't that you saw them tbagging, it's that they clearly got under your skin enough to make a forum post about it.

Just force them out. No matter what you do, if they got under your skin, there's nothing else you can do because they've already got their satisfaction. If you've gotten to the point of just ignoring the gate because you don't want to "give them the satisfaction" you've already failed at that goal. The best thing to do is force them out and to not react to their shenanigans because annoying you is what they want. If you stay away from the gate, they will wait until the time is almost out to annoy you. If you force them out, yes they will teabag and light click, but you simply can't let that bother you, if you do, you are giving them what they want.

The best solution is not to give them what they want. Force them out and don't engage with them in the chat if you're on PC. I say don't engage with them in the chat because it doesn't matter what logic or appeal you use, their goal is to annoy you, there is nothing you can say that will counter the talking out of their ass and mental gymnast they will do. Many of them will know these things make no sense and many of them won't, but in the end making sense isn't what they're trying to do, even if they don't realize that. They're trying to annoy you. It's what trolls do.

You don't want to give them the satisfaction? Simply force them out and don't engage with them any further.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Simply running into their field of view is giving them what they want. A stage to tbag/butt dance in your face or other things to emphasize their imaginary superiority.

I personally take the time they waste to use the killer power to onesidedly farm points, find unbroken pallets and so on or I simply get me a drink.

I was mobbed from pre- up to highschool despite using the ignore tactic. But it works for me ingame since I don't have to watch them or empower their ego.

If you force them out, it can give them the feeling that they juked you one last time showing their skill and whatnot (great skill by pressing w for this half meter). And I know that all this is simply me projecting my negaitve thoughts onto them.

I know some want to give one last hit (no reason for me since I normally max out brutality up to this point) or get stacks for wglf or something but both also come with a gain for them and are not really out of pure goodwill.

The problem is that those are a minority while the rest gets the feeling I mentioned above out of juking the killer by leaving.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    edited July 2020
    Options

I guess it depends on your mindset, but the point is that if they've gotten to the point of being able to taunt you with impunity, there's nothing you can do to avoid giving them satisfaction, only minimize it. For me personally that's to make them leave and not to talk to them. Survivors tbagging or light clicking doesn't really bother me. These things only have power over you that you let them have and in the end The only way to win, is not to let them have power over you. You have to convince yourself that tbagging or light clicking doesn't matter (it doesn't) and for me personally if they're sitting around the gate doing nothing wasting my time, that is a way to annoy me that I can't be convinced doesn't matter. I push them out and move on.

Edit: The only way to beat a troll, is to disallow them to have a profound effect on you.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

I think pretty much the same. Only my approach is different. If they want to waste time, be my guest, I can use that time either to my advantage or get some other use out of it. I managed to get some crown using this strategy on killers I don't like and can't perform with.

Same principle as face camping. (I play killer only FYI) But my thought approach to being face camped is, be my guest and waste your time on me while my team is hopefully doing their objective. Meanwhile I do my gymnastic exercise on the hook to signal that you are camping and watch Netflix or something on my second screen.

I don't let them get to me but make them waste their time on me beings jerks. If they THINK they wasted their time is up to them.

And I don't care anymore about after-game chat bullying/toxicity. I am 30 years old now and learned from experience to stand above people that resort to something like this while being protected by online anonymity. They are probably half my age and would never even think of telling me that to my face (2 meter tall and not slender) or their upbringing missed the respect others department. xD

• IronKnight55
    Options

Then killers should not complain about survivors not leaving if they don't want to force them out. That's just silly. Maybe it's just me, but I don't mind getting t-bagged at the exit... I just hit them and move on to my next game.

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options

I just growl while watching them doing their sacred butt dancing ritual. Some have even got a little salty for not hitting them.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Meh, earn some points by smacking

It's the least they can offer lol

• timbologna
    timbologna Member Posts: 348
    Options

As a deathslinger main when you spear them and they're at the edge it breaks off the spear.