The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DS needs to be anti tunnel. Not anti momentum

Zaitsev
Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

For starters, yes, I am aware that in some games, Decisive Strike is totally necessary. Tunnelling is rampant, both because of DS, and because of the gen rush meta, and there needs to be a counter. Sure, Spine Chill really grinds my gears as Ghostface, but every killer/survivor needs a counter.

I for one, believe that DS would be perfectly fine if there wasnt any exploits with its design.

Not to mention that its mere existance encourages tunnelling. Most killers eat the DS early on, and then proceed to tunnel that player anyways. So in that scenario, DS was nothing but a minor inconvience.

My suggestion? Truly make this a 100% anti tunnel perk.

1. Decisive Strike has two tokens. You lose a token after being rescued from a hook within 32 meters of the killers location, otherwise no tokens are consumed. If a token is consumed, you have 30 seconds of DS being active

2. This timer will pause when you are in a chase and while you are down. This timer will immediately deactivate if you start repairing a gen, cleanse a totem, are fully healed, enter a locker or unhook another survivor.

And now, my reasons for the changes.

1. You can be tunnelled more than once, hence the two tokens. My original thoughts were to make the perk terror radius dependant like Borrowed Time, but stealth killers could easily get around it, and stealth killers can still tunnel. Shortened timer to compensate for the two tokens.

2. Obviously, slugging is not going to cut it. A tunneller is forced to ignore the unhooked survivor unless they want to eat the stun. And the deactivation prompts is simply the unhooked survivor saying, "Im not being tunnelled, Im putting myself back in the game by completing objectives"

Comments