Good player = cocky player

Grossman
Grossman Member Posts: 49

Why every player that is good (like pro) must be cocky (sometimes toxic)? I played against Spirit. He absolutely destroyed us. We said ggwp. His response was ez. I also played against very good Huntress. He killed us all four, but it didn't go without toxic behavior. I don't understand why good players in this game must be like this? I want to have respect in them but they make me hate them. I think we could say the same about survivors.

Comments

• AshesofDreams
    AshesofDreams Member Posts: 20

Yeah, even on systems without chat you'll find players taunting whoever loses. It's a little silly but at the end of the day it's not that big of a deal. If they want to feel like they are super cool because they won a match in a video game, let them.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

If they have the skills to back it up then is it REALLY cocky?

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

You should look up what the word means. Because it's clearly not whatever you're thinking.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

They have the skills to back it up, but that doesn't mean they're likeable people.

Most actual pro players usually have something to make them be toxic. On the PS4 tournament scene, it's heavily neglected to use DS when you're sweating in pubs. Like really, they do NOT like it.

If they a decent SWF squad all running DS, it's quite likely they're going to be a bit toxic. Also if there is any blendettes that they don't like.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804
    edited July 2020

i wouldn't say so, if they're actually good they've earned the right to be a little arrogant, but the majority of cocky players i've seen couldn't loop a killer for 10 seconds much less a entire game

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

People will only be humble if they have a reason to be humbled. They obviously haven't gone against many tough survivors as of late... with the MMR testing, I am not surprised...

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Cause these people have no skills irl so they 'got to get their fix' online.

It's a joy to behold them pop a vein when they go 'ez' or start insulting the other side and you can throw lines like

'you died' at them. Or 'well we didn't see you try to do anything but look for the hatch' or in general be able to remind the whole chat of their shortcomings :D

• Halun
    Halun Member Posts: 177

Honestly? I think it's cyclical.

That spirit you went against? Maybe they went against a really toxic SWF group prior, and ended up taking their frustrations out on you a bit. Same with the huntress. And that hate you're developing? Maybe it'll result in you treating some other undeserving killer poorly in the future. And then that killer will move on and end up being toxic to some other survivors as a result. And the cycle will repeat.

The only fix to this is to just try to be as kind as you can, and let the rest of it go. Some people are just gonna be jerks. But I think the majority of toxicity is built off of prior toxicity. And the only way to break the cycle itself is by refusing to engage with it on a personal level.

I know it sounds corny af, but idk...

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

My favorite thing to say is, " Lol yep." and don't say anything else. They usually try saying something else but I don't reply because I know it bothers them when I don't feed it xD Yep, I suck? Or Yep, you think you're great. They don't know which one and it'll eat at them lol. I had a guy message me on PS4 a week later, wondering what I meant xD

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

You mean killers are being toxic?

• iTz_EpiC
    iTz_EpiC Member Posts: 15

You know what? Yesterday we were in match and one of my friends crashed in the first 2 minutes. We were 3 againist a bubba, I won’t be arrogant, but we literally destroyed that facecamper and we were only 3 with 5 gens. He was mad at us saying that we were toxic genrusher,but do you expect to do if you’re 3? Cleansing totem or searching for chests?

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Not every good player is toxic. Problem is some people in general are just toxic so when they are good at the game they think they can do and say whatever they want.

Be very happy when you beat these type of players. Give them the toxicity that they earned lol

• entitled_killamain
    entitled_killamain Member Posts: 1

I am guilty of this but i had a reason not saying that it was mature but i was frustrated from a game where i played a 4 man swf all of them had ds, unbreakable, and adrenaline and did gens in my face before hopping in a locker so i wouldnt "tunnel" them.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Did they actually play well?

i find its often the medicore players that do this. If I play survivor I often see the one who did the least in the game be the one that stands at the exit gates tbagging.

Same for killers, its the ones that tunnel out baby survivors and NOED their way to victory that spam “ez”.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Being good at something doesnt give anyone the right to be arrogant, no amount of skill, money or power gives anyone the right to be a jerk and humilliate others. Being good at something gives you the right to debate stuff, voice your opinions and teach others if you are willing to do it.

Arrogance begets ignorance.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266

Theres no such thing as a right in being negative. That doesnt even make sense to say that. Yeah people who are skilled may be cocky but no one is in the right to be such and any other negative quality because they are skilled. Being a humble skilled gamer isnt bad at all. I'm baffled you think that way.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

For the spirit, it probably was ez. Just remind them that it takes no skill to play her whatsoever lmao.

• blackcoffee_6
    blackcoffee_6 Member Posts: 4

recently i played with toxic survivor, they want to troll the killer. i thought they were pro player cause they're approach the killer. but there's survivor with a flashlight and i was lift by the killer. he failed to blind the killer and try again but failed and when i hooked he's fast to be knocked and i just laugh. And another survivor approach the killer and rescue me and i think maybe he has BT but welp he knocked.

And yesterday i played with two 4 rank survivor. They lure the killer by jump over and over the window but again they killed first in the game.

I dunno why people act like they play like a pro player. I just want to repair gen calmly and chased when the killer appear me :/

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

The whole GGEZ thing is used by survivors and killers alike...to show off their peen and IQ issues.

I don't bother with end game chat anymore because frankly the majority of it was just people being stupid to other players.