So I just bought Legion...and...yeah...😟

SweetTerror
SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I've been watching some videos recently of people playing with Legion, and it enticed me into wanting to purchase the DLC. Unbeknownst to me however, were that those videos that I was watching were much older videos and no longer accurately reflected the Legion of today. You can imagine my surprise when I started watching more recent videos on how to play with Legion, and everything that made Legion sound interesting, now makes Legion sound incredibly frustrating.

You can no longer down anyone with feral frenzy, which is fine I suppose, but I was unaware that perks don't apply to feral frenzy hits: Franklin's Demise, Dark Devotion, etc, which again is fine I guess, but probably worst of all, miss an attack while feral frenzy is active, and the whole thing will deactivate. You can imagine how frustrating this can be when you have a new player, or more specifically a new Legion player, trying to hit an experienced player that is good at "juking".

And for those that you do hit with feral frenzy, what's the point in causing a deep wound status effect if the survivor never has to worry about mending themselves so long as they keep running and vaulting over objects? It kind of defeats the purpose of a "deep wound" doesn't it?

I also find it rather humorous that his add-ons serve no real purpose other than to make his weaknesses less frustrating. πŸ˜„

THIS IS WHY DBD NEEDS A PRACTICE MODE!!! Older videos just creates false advertising. And if you're not going to implement a practice mode, then for the love of God put in some up-to-date training videos for each individual killer.

*Sorry for the long rant everyone, but if you can tell me something I don't that makes Legion fun to play, please let me know!*

Comments

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399

I love playing Legion because it's just a whole bunch of stabbing, and I like feeling zoomy in Frenzy (and being able to fast vault as a killer). But I can definitely see where your frustration comes from! I never got to play Legion when multiple stabs would down someone, but there's definitely a method to playing them.

The perks you mentioned don't apply to Frenzy hits because they're not considered basic attacks. It's the same as if you hit someone with Huntress' hatchet; things like Franklin's wouldn't proc. But there are a lot of other perks that do well! Pairing slowdown perks like Thana with Legion means that people /have/ to heal to not have the gen speed debuffs, and Frenzy is the most efficient power at getting every survivor injured in a short period of time. And the deep wound timer starts going down once you're out of chase with someone, so if you do stab everyone in Frenzy, everyone else you're no longer chasing will need to mend. It may not be the most time consuming (there are addons to make it longer), but it does keep people off gens for just a little bit, giving you that time to down the last person you frenzied. My favorite add-on combos for Legion are a frenzy end-stun reducer + one of the blades.

If you can, see if you can get people to play in a custom match with you. Just mention that you want to practice your Legion and the timing with hits while in Frenzy. It's the closest there is to a practice mode currently (which I definitely would love to actually be an option in the game!).

But overall, my favorite part of Legion is just constantly injuring people with Frenzy. Even without Thana, people will eventually stop healing because they just want to get gens and be out of the match, and that's when you'll start getting your downs/hooks. If you have Nurse's Calling, definitely run that. Nothing is more satisfying than frenzy-ing two people in the middle of a heal tbh.

• SweetTerror

Thank you! This is really helpful! Knowing that the deep wound status effect starts going down the moment you run away from a survivor is good to know. The videos I was watching made it seem like the status effect could stay forever paused so long as the survivors didn't stop running.

Thanatophobia and nurses calling make sense to run on Legion, but what else would you recommend? What are some good builds? I imagine corrupt intervention could work well.

• AshesofDreams
    AshesofDreams Member Posts: 20

My Legion has Nurse's Calling, Discordance, BBQ & Chili, and Corrupt Intervention.

Pretty standard "good perks", but they work well enough for me. I use the Feral Frenzy to just get the first hit, then cancel it and do a normal chase. It basically just makes Legion a basic killer that cuts chase time down by half because the first hit is very easy to get. I also find that people often underestimate Legion. They don't have a lot of special unique mechanics, but they are the most fun out of the "basic" killers to me.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Yeah I love playing legion as well. Just run around stabbing people.

And deep wounds does slow the game down as survivors gotta keep mending.

They are not the strongest killer but you can have a lot of fun with them

• SweetTerror

To each their own, but doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of feral frenzy if you're not inflicting deep wounds on a lot of survivors? Like I said if it works for you, awesome! It's just that Thanatophobia is a perk that I see a lot of Legion mains running since it can slow down generators and healing speeds quite a bit with the more survivors that are injured.

Those kind of perks that can multiply status effects the more survivors are injured seems to be the way to go.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,770

Honestly tho this kinda seems on you. It's up to the consumer to ensure that the reviews (in this case Videos) are as up to date as possible so I wouldn't call old videos "false advertising". That's like saying old dbd with a 20 second cooldown in sprint burst is false advertising because the perk was nerfed.

• SweetTerror

Yeah that's what it appeared in a more recent video that I was watching. If a survivor keeps running, then the deep wounds won't apply until they stop. That's just an incredibly bizarre design choice. I can understand if it's ticking down slowly, but it shouldn't stop altogether.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

They did that so you can't frenzy and chase them until they automatically go down.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

For myself, Legion is my primary Bloodpoint farmer besides the Doctor. Legion is very good at it since his power is designed to be used in chases, which provides points for Hunting, simply running around in Feral Frenzy builds up Deviousness points, and Deep Cut hits with Feral Frenzy count towards both Deviousness and Brutality. From there, get your Barbecue & Chili stacks and you're basically golden but for Sacrifice points.

• SweetTerror

Honestly it's more on the developers. Dead by daylight is now four years old, and look at the turtorial that they still have implemented. It's the most basic of tutorials and doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of everything that a killer or a survivor can do. The game itself should be explaining in great detail what can and can't be done, but it doesn't do that. It makes players have to seek out tutorials from online streamers.

Making players of your game seek out "how to play" videos is a terrible design choice. Like I said, there should be a practice mode, or at least tutorial videos from the developers themselves embedded in the game.

• SweetTerror

Hm. That's a good way of looking at it I suppose. It's awesome that he can be a great bloodpoint farmer. It's just too bad that he's a poor killer.

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399

If you're running Thana, people will need to heal to avoid gen slowdown, so after someone mends, it procs to show healing. And if people decide to heal against Legion with or without Thana, it procs for that too. I like it for when people haven't touched gens again yet because it helps me find them while patrolling, and then I can get a read on most everyone if I Frenzy again.

• SweetTerror

I do like the thought of running both of those perks with Legion. I just wish he was a stronger killer though. It's awesome that he can spread damage fast and that his blood point accrual is next to none. But if you put Legion up against a good looper, then the survivor will win every time.

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497

From the moment I took a glance at this post, I knew instantaneously what it would be about. Legion is constantly being dropped in the cesspool of hatred, and often for good reason. But frankly, I enjoy playing them.

• SweetTerror

And a lot of people share those same thoughts. Many people agree that he's fun to play with, but he's not the strongest killer. Personally I would like for BHVR to be more clear about what a killer can do. I want to see videos in the game detailing in full a killer's power, or at least a practice mode that allows us to test out both killers and survivors, because the tutorial that is there is weak, and doesn't accurately reflect everything that has been added and changed over the last 4 years.

The last thing gamers should have to do is seek out how-to-play videos from other gamers, when the developers should be doing that for you already.

• TerrorUnleashed

I see eye-to-eye with you on that, but on a personal level, I value individual experiment whereby we as the player body have to examine our own paths and attempts and learn from them, adapt our gameplay and develop individual strategies as to how to play a killer. But yeah, definitely an issue when I have to research how to play The Shape and Ghostie efficiently (even if they were for mobile haha).

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

@DrDeepwound

This seems like a post that could use your input.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Advice: If you want Legion to be fun and rewarding, run enduring and thanatophobia on most builds. Skill with Legion mostly comes with practice.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Legions one of mt favorites, the idea is to get everyone injured so theyre all 1 hit downs. If they start healing run ff again. You can also use ff to get across the map quickly in a pinch. Theyre a lot of fun once you get the hang of it

• SweetTerror

I can respect that. Players should be expected to learn the intricacies of a game without hand-holding, but give me something that allows me to experiment, or show me what I need to do instead of expecting me to compete right off the bat!

• TerrorUnleashed

I believe when I was a beta tester for mobile, the instructions of general gameplay and killer-exclusive gameplay was thoroughly explored. A shame other ports and consoles aren't likened to that accord...