Killer Reliance on Addons

DarkWo1f997
DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
edited September 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
So I’ve noticed something quite upsetting and disheartening. Survivor perks are their performance enhancement when killer perks (a large majority of them) just feel like utility. They are EXTREMELY fun to play with addons that suit your play style preference, but in my opinion, if you try to play without them against survivors with good perks? 

We don’t stand a chance, everything we do is slow, and we can’t have that in a world where our only hope of winning is based on the mistakes that survivors make, and whether or not they find a totem in 10 seconds. 

The addons we want are locked behind the mercy of RNG. Whether or not we can play our killer without feeling disoriented at a change to ability speed or performance, is not comfortable or fun at all. 

See a trend here? You should, a killer’s fun is 100% based off of chance. We are at the mercy of RNG and survivors with perks that give them exactly the trait they want without needing to freakout at the blood tree. 

Losing games makes it that much much harder for us to even afford to have a remote chance to get the addons we just lost, back. 

Its truly ironic thing is that the only people playing your game that have to worry about resource management (bloodpoints to try and get the addins they want just so they can have fun), positioning, and high risk decision making, are the killers. 

We already take forever to vault obstacles even with perks, why should we place traps slow? Crouch slow? Wait 3 seconds for a chainsaw cooldown that’s already difficult to steer and easy to evade and has a 3-4 second charge up time? Take two seconds to draw a triangle in the sand, hoping it’ll actually help, and that survivors won’t see our trap being placed? 

Killers without addons are weak. Very weak. And survivors need only perks to make that killer without addons, their little plaything. 

A lot of the killer’s features and balancing shouldn’t only be  present and viable with add ons that are given to us by RNG with a slow resource gain rate. I think if you guys simply changed a majority of the killer performance addons to perks, or set a higher default ability speed, killer’s will be able to use their abilities at a speed fast enough for intensive situations, we have very little time to do anything that isn’t patrolling generators and chasing Caludettes around.

Trapper mains feel this pain the most, he’s the poster boy of the game, supposed to be an easy killer, and he actually starts the game with several DISARMED bear traps around the map. The amount of time that is wasted just to fetch one, is all survivors need to almost already complete a generator. Then he has to walk by all the gens. And before he reaches the second generator during his patrol, the survivors got a free generator repair. 

Look we feel hopeless trying to chase and counter defenseless people. What other game does that? Why has this gone on for so long? 

Comments

• Incarnate
    Incarnate Member Posts: 677

I completely agree.

In my opinion, addons should not be a resource, it should be that they can be freely switched between, without losing them when entering a match, and the addons should be balanced around this. However some addons add a bit more than just functionality, some have a greater impact on the gamebalance. The same can be said about the addons for survivors, where if addons is changed for killers, so they will want it to be so they can freely switch the addons and not lose them after a match. I think addons should be about playstyle.

• DarkWo1f997
    Incarnate said:

I completely agree.

In my opinion, addons should not be a resource, it should be that they can be freely switched between, without losing them when entering a match, and the addons should be balanced around this. However some addons add a bit more than just functionality, some have a greater impact on the gamebalance. The same can be said about the addons for survivors, where if addons is changed for killers, so they will want it to be so they can freely switch the addons and not lose them after a match. I think addons should be about playstyle.

Right but I think the “slight” improvements to ability speed should just become the base speed for killer abilities, and the rest being just add-ons. We can’t have the slow speeds we have now. 
  • KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    What does RNG mean?
  • BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

@KiraElijah said:
    What does RNG mean?

Random number generator.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    BillyIII said:

@KiraElijah said:
    What does RNG mean?

Random number generator.

Thanks
  • DarkWo1f997
    edited September 2018
    What does RNG mean?
    My dude you tell me to get good and you don’t even know what RNG means? Anyways, as the previous reply stated, it’s a random numbers generator. This means the outcomes of what you actually get to spend your blood points on every time you get a new blood tree, is determined by RNG randomly picking and choosing with no correlation at all. All by chance. 

Im sure you and I can both agree that killer’s without addons is suicide at rank 1. That’s a problem.  
  • shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201

I think that addons for killers should last a certain amount of games, with how many games depending on the rarity. Survivors can make their items and addons last forever as long as they don't die or use all the charges of the item, which means they can fairly comfortably get the items and addons they want, while killers use theirs in just one game. Sure killers get overall more points but it doesn't even come close to making up for the one use addons.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Im sure you and I can both agree that killer’s without addons is suicide at rank 1. That’s a problem.  

If you're at rank 1 and have no addons that's a problem on your side since killers can get more bp. You also have a choice when going through that Bloodweb. If you''re constantly blowing large amounts on 1 side for a few addons then you get stuck with low level crumbs.

The survivor Bloodwebs are no different in that they're also rng based and you have to choose wisely how you spend that bp. If you're running low then use the correct offering that gives you the most bang for your buck.

As a Trapper main I always run Distressing rank III so I get 100% more bp in Deviousness category. Which for a trapper is placing traps down.I always get a lot of points even if I only 1 get 1 sac. It's really not that hard to maximize your bp gain as killer.

The only time you should be low on items is when you're about to prestige otherwise it's your fault you've ignored them that long and not bought anything.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

Plus, survivors have 3 chest-related perks:

• Pharmacy - guarantees med kit on first search, reduces noise and searches faster.
    • Ace In The Hole - better chances at finding a rarer item.
    • Plunderer's Instinct - see nearby chest auras and better chances at finding rarer add ons

It would be cool to see a killer have a perk that has a similar effect, maybe it can take items and add-ons that were left behind (either by death or dropped), and convert them into a random/related killer add-on.

• DarkWo1f997
    powerbats said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

If you're at rank 1 and have no addons that's a problem on your side since killers can get more bp. You also have a choice when going through that Bloodweb. If you''re constantly blowing large amounts on 1 side for a few addons then you get stuck with low level crumbs.

The survivor Bloodwebs are no different in that they're also rng based and you have to choose wisely how you spend that bp. If you're running low then use the correct offering that gives you the most bang for your buck.

As a Trapper main I always run Distressing rank III so I get 100% more bp in Deviousness category. Which for a trapper is placing traps down.I always get a lot of points even if I only 1 get 1 sac. It's really not that hard to maximize your bp gain as killer.

The only time you should be low on items is when you're about to prestige otherwise it's your fault you've ignored them that long and not bought anything.

Survivors have the choice of not bringing addpns, killers do not. I disagree with you.