There should increased luck in kobe'ing if a killer stands too close to the hook for too long

Options

I feel like one of the most frustrating problems with games is when you encounter a killer that just wants to facecamp someone the moment they down them. And the sole purpose of it is just to try to trigger someone because facecamping usually hurts a killer's own game. I really wish BHVR would implement a system that would discourage such gameplay, and one way to do this would be to increase the chances of jumping off the hook by a decent amount (maybe to 50/50 one time dice roll) if a killer stands in close proximity of a hook for a prolonged period of time.

Comments

• Sandwich_Jesus
    Sandwich_Jesus Member Posts: 266
    Options

what if the killer is only there because someone is trying to get an unhook, or because they know someone is right next to the hook?

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I think a hatch that cannot be closed should also spawn when the killer is camping.

• Голубой
    Голубой Member Posts: 126
    Options

It would have to be a prolonged facecamp for this to trigger. Like maybe you only have 1 struggle left and they sat on top of the hook the entire time.

• Голубой
    Голубой Member Posts: 126
    Options

I don't think that this would really remedy the main problem of how frustrating of an experience it can be. I think if the victim is given a 50/50 chance at Kobe'ing, then s/he would at least feel like there is some hope or a way to formulate a plan to get out.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited July 2020
    Options

What's the point? If you pull yourself off the hook when he's face camping he'll just down you again. If he suspects ds he'll probably slug you and count to 60.

This is my opinion but I think if more survivors did gens and got out then maybe more killers would stop face camping. There are killers who are complete dicks and face camp for the solo purpose to ruin someones fun. However I believe most that face camp do not know better. They hook someone, all the survivors drop what they're doing and rush the hook for a save. This leads to more downs and less gens getting repaired. The killer then thinks "This worked. This must be how I should play". Considering how awful the MM is in this game, that killer will probably get to red ranks and that reinforces the idea that face camping is a good tactic. It only works if the survivors are potatoes.