Simple suggestion for next patch.

2»

Comments

• Nightmare247
    Nightmare247 Member Posts: 187

@trendyfartknocker said:

@Nickenzie said:
    Cool idea but... SWF would have huge queue times since most killers just want a chill game, ya know?

Then the SWF can break up and go solo, or wait. It's silly to suggest that long wait times are frowned upon but forcing unfair circumstances on the killer is A-OK. As it is, killers experience stupid long wait times at higher ranks.

Further, if the SWF group REALLY wants to play together, they can do KYF as an option. If they don't want to do KYF but are adamant about SWF, that tells you they are clearly looking to use the SWF advantage to rank up, something killers have no option to do or counter.

I really disagree with most of what you said. I main killer, but now and then I have friends who I play with. As a killer, I don't see that wanting to play with your friends is toxic. Are their toxic squads out there, sure, but you are talking maybe at most 10% of the SWF teams that are toxic. Most are just 2 friends playing a game together there are very few 4 person teams let alone those which tactfully are there to abuse a killer.

With that said, "WE DON'T NEED MULTIPLE QUEUES" this segregates the game and punishes people for actually wanting to play together. Is it less enjoyable for the killer? Sure. However, there is a greater good that SWF has implemented.

In the first few months, SWF did not exist. I am not sure if you were around for that or not, but let me throw out a description of what had happened. Killer/Survivor would queue up. Solo players would be fine for a while then a lobby would fill. 5 seconds tick by on the clock and someone drops out. Another and another and another. Then more people would drop out until you had to wait for the entire process again.

I am not sure what your current lobby wait times look like, mine as killer are 2-3 minutes maybe more. As a survivor almost instantaneous. Before for both a Survivor queue and a Killer Queue you would be looking at about 10+ minutes. The reason all this happened...People wanted to play with their friends.

All you are doing by "implementing" this solution is punishing people who want to play with their friends.

The other thing you are severely misunderstanding is that most SWF teams don't play KYF for a reason....They don't get bloodpoints. This game is a heavy grind and people want to be rewarded for their time. I would rather solo queue than play KYF.

Your last statement is very selfish and not understanding. Most SWF teams as I said are not toxic and many don't want to use "SWF advantage to rank up" many times it is just 2 people. Sometimes 4 people teams just want to have trust that when they are on the hook their teammates will actually do something instead of letting them die. Sometimes they want to farm some points to work on their grind.

I also think you are putting way to much weight in ranking up. RANK MEANS NOTHING. Ask most Rank 1 players and they are actively depipping to drop rank to play matches, why? OH RIGHT, the queue time is so long. The trials are crap, etc.

This is not a Rank thing it is a "grind" and have fun thing.

TL;DR: This is a terrible idea.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheBean said:

@Master said:
    Using a third party program yielding you an ingame advantage is considered cheating according to the TOS.
    Are you trying to deny that ts/discord is a 3rd party program or are you believing that voice comms dont grant you an ingame advantage?

Except the fact the Devs have never come out and said they consider it cheating and against their TOS. In fact you may even find on one of their Dev streams from way back that they specifically don't consider it against their TOS.

Show me posts from BHVR that states they consider using 3rd party comms while playing SWF cheating and against their TOS. (Not talking about Killer and Survivor on the same comms, talking about legit 4 man SWF team using comms.)

The devs dont need to come out and shut in your face for that. By playing the game you agree to the TOS, even though if you havent read anything of it

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Master said:

@Visionmaker said:
    Lmfao. SWF is cheating? The most closest thing that resembles cheating in this game is that killers get to prune exactly who they want to play against. Toxic survivor in the lineup? SWF? Flashlights? Too many toolboxes? Too many of a survivor character you don't like? Survivor with more playtime than you? Survivor you lost to last round? DLC character? Dodge and roll again!

You cannot gather data from games that do not happen. You cannot balance the game when some killers are allowed to and encouraged to self-select match-ups in their favor. You cannot make a player satisfied when they are self-entitled. Killers. Are. Spoiled.

Using a third party program yielding you an ingame advantage is considered cheating according to the TOS.
    Are you trying to deny that ts/discord is a 3rd party program or are you believing that voice comms dont grant you an ingame advantage?

I believe the argument many folks are trying to make is that SWF is the majority so we should focus on their wants as they are the largest demographic of Dead by Daylight players. 

Personally I think swf is fine as not everyone plays SWF like Marth88 and his de-pip squad. While I acknowledge that some players play the game like this, this is not the majority. Heck, sometimes I play swf and it usually ends in disaster for me and my buddies.
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited September 2018

@Master said:
    The devs dont need to come out and shut in your face for that. By playing the game you agree to the TOS, even though if you havent read anything of it

Then get someone banned for it... You and others keep touting this TOS and that 3rd Party software rule like it is some holy grail, yet no one has been banned for using VOIP software while playing SWF.

I still don't see anyone banned....

Still don't....

Still won't....

And FYI... They actually would need to come out and "shut in your face for that"... whatever that was supposed to mean. Considering how many SWF players use VOIP, the Devs would need to specifically come out and say to their community that THEY, the developer, consider this use of 3rd Party, such as VOIP software, as cheating and you'll be banned for using it.

• Master

@TheBean said:

@Master said:

Then get someone banned for it... You and others keep touting this TOS and that 3rd Party software rule like it is some holy grail, yet no one has been banned for using VOIP software while playing SWF.

I still don't see anyone banned....

Still don't....

Still won't....

And FYI... They actually would need to come out and "shut in your face for that"... whatever that was supposed to mean. Considering how many SWF players use VOIP, the Devs would need to specifically come out and say to their community that THEY, the developer, consider this use of 3rd Party, such as VOIP software, as cheating and you'll be banned for using it.

I am only explaining to you what the TOS state because apparently you didnt read them.

In fact, teh devs need to come out and put programs they allow on a whitelist, otherwise usage of such programs is a bannable offense according to the TOS

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@trendyfartknocker said:
    Devs, this will be the easiest fix of your life. It's a simple UI change and a flag in the match making algorithm. It'll probably take 5 minutes to code and 30 minutes to add the UI elements. It solves the one issue of balance that is both A) completely outside of your control and B) completely your fault for the bad implementation.

To be clear, the issue is not inherently groups with friends, but the almost certainty that said groups are communicating OUTSIDE the bounds of the game. There is no amount of balance that can be obtained through skill or perks that can counter this. Even the best rank 1 killers fail against some of these groups. Give killers the CHOICE to face them or not. It's pretty simple, really.

So just lobby dodge or play something else. Many other killer mains can handle this. I play against swf all the time sometimes i win sometimes i lose but i stay in the red ranks.

• TheBean
    edited September 2018

@Master said:
    I am only explaining to you what the TOS state because apparently you didnt read them.

In fact, teh devs need to come out and put programs they allow on a whitelist, otherwise usage of such programs is a bannable offense according to the TOS

Wouldn't matter if I read it or not, I don't care. It is hilarious when I see that TOS line put out and forced into someone face, and then trying to call them a cheater. Since the Developer isn't banning for it... Then it isn't considered cheating by them. All I care about is what they think, what you have to say about it doesn't matter. Their word is the final word.

From what you said then, if VOIPs are "whitelisted"... Then it is allowed. So it isn't considered cheating and not a violation of their TOS. Not sure if you are stating that or not, I've never see any sort of "whitelist" or "blacklist" in this game, just mentions of things they would consider so. You say they "need to"... so not sure if you are implying if they have or not, since the TOS already exists.

So what are you trying to say?.. That VOIPs are whitelisted?... or are they blacklisted?.. or that there are no actual physical lists and that the developers need to put out these lists?

• Master

@TheBean said:

@Master said:

Wouldn't matter if I read it or not, I don't care. It is hilarious when I see that TOS line put out and forced into someone face, and then trying to call them a cheater. Since the Developer isn't banning for it... Then it isn't considered cheating by them. All I care about is what they think, what you have to say about it doesn't matter. Their word is the final word.

From what you said then, if VOIPs are "whitelisted"... Then it is allowed. So it isn't considered cheating and not a violation of their TOS. Not sure if you are stating that or not, I've never see any sort of "whitelist" or "blacklist" in this game, just mentions of things they would consider so. You say they "need to"... so not sure if you are implying if they have or not, since the TOS already exists.

So what are you trying to say?.. That VOIPs are whitelisted?... or are they blacklisted?.. or that there are no actual physical lists and that the developers need to put out these lists?

I dont know.
    Once I asked the devs for a whitelist because I wanted to know whether I can use some overlay program. I never got a real answer from them and AFAIK, an official whitelist doesnt exist.

On the other hand EAC is highly incompetent, so.... :lol:

• TheBean

@Mycroft said:

Look how hard they fight for their unfair advantage. It's like England trying to keep the empire afloat.

Not fighting for something that doesn't need to be fought for. Sorry. Until the Devs come out and state they not consider it against their TOS. What the Devs say supersedes their TOS. Their actions speak louder then words. If they change their opinion on it, then so will I since I enjoy their game and want to continue playing it.

You seem to act like their is some sort of debate on this issue, when this issue was closed long ago. Years ago.