Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

UI Size Option

I play on 1440p and with the recent 4.1.0 Mid-Chapter update the game's UI is now a tad too small in my opinion. Could we get an option to resize the UI based on our preferences? Or revert the change that was perfectly fine? Seriously as a 1440p user my perk icons and skill checks are far too small now.

Comments

• Bubblan
    Bubblan Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2020

Same for me, game looks so small now. It was not like this before 4.1.0

• jmac1100
    jmac1100 Member Posts: 1

I purchased the game a few weeks ago and have been spamming DBD since then. I run on a 1440 monitor and have been playing with the normal sized UI since I started, and now the size has been changed to be much smaller. I created this forum account for the sole reason to talk about the new UI size. Having to make the choice between the game looking better on 1440 and the disadvantage of the small UI, or using 1080 for the normal UI and worse resolution, is very frustrating. Especially because I have been playing with the better experience since I started and know that the devs have made the large UI + 1440p happen. This UI revert is really hurting my experience in the game and I hope there will be a way to get the normal sized UI back.

• yocow
    yocow Member Posts: 2

Made an account just to agree with this. I loved the readability of the bigger HUD on my 1440p screen. While I can understand why some people wouldn't like it, I thought it was a very nice change. I think an option to switch between the two could be a really nice middle ground.

• dadamek8
    dadamek8 Member Posts: 59

Yeah I was hoping they would simply revert the changes in 4.0 for 1440p users, but now it's much smaller than before. I can't see any good reasons why stuff like resolution, FPS limit and UI size can't be changed in the game settings (for the first two you have to go to the game files which is pretty stupid).

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Yes - it was like this before a few updates ago, then we got large Icons on the UI for 1440, now with this update we are back to small.

1) Devs make up your minds on the icon size.

2) Better yet let us make up our minds by giving us a choice between large and small.

• Skysair
    Skysair Member Posts: 88

Bring back pre-4.1.0 UI size please. I enjoyed having the bigger UI, less of a headache to read.

Please just give us the choice to have the small UI before 4.0.0 or for those of us that prefer the bigger UI to keep it. :/

• Bezzy
    Bezzy Member Posts: 1

It's really been stated enough. I got on after the patch update just to find out that the UI had been shrunk, I'm sure at some point I figured out a way to fix this or maybe you guys did it for me and fixed it yourselves and I just completely forgot as I took a break away.

Regardless, this is really a harsh change for those who play on 1440p. While I'm sure there's some people who're thankful for this change, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this was a change that was not needed nor wanted. If you're going to do changes like this at least allow us to make these changes ourselves because not being able to do proper skill checks because they're the size of a peanut is down right annoying.

Please, please revert it!

• Skysair
    Skysair Member Posts: 88

I know this is gonna suck, but I found a solution - albeit not the prettiest. Right click on your desktop, Display Settings, change the resolution to 1920x1080. It'll bring back the UI scale we became accustomed to.

It is ridiculous that they don't give us the option to choose our desired UI scale...