How to actually balance the chainsaw.

JoshHicks
JoshHicks Member Posts: 38
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

Chainsaw's have fuel right so why not add a number of amount of times you can use the chainsaw before It runs out of fuel then you have to get a gas can to refuel It. This way killer's cannot spam with Bubba or Hillbilly 24/7

Comments

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2020

What?

Still having that hard of a time against Hill Billy?

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

No

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

Ignore this post, it's a bait.

• JoshHicks
    edited July 2020

What no It's literally just a discussion about an Idea and a good one to noone likes chainsaw killers because of this reason

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

what like gas cans in the lockers?

• JoshHicks

That could work like huntress hatchets I hate being chased by an Infinite chainsaw It needs something like this not just a long penalty timer

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327
  • dycedchicken
    dycedchicken Member Posts: 7

There should be a penalty on using the chainsaw. The way it is now especially with this update is too OP

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

Honestly, I think the updated powers that Billy and LF got are fine.

Billy's overheat doesn't really have a major impact on standard gameplay with him. All it does is stop those players who lead long chases while 99'ing the chainsaw and prevent him from "Rev-Camping" hooks.

And Bubba got a buff; his power offers him more utility than it used to with lesser downsides. I think his ability to "Rev-Camp" may have also been reduced, but I'm not entirely sure with his aggressive tantrum on overheat.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

They balanced Bubba’s before. He had unlimited instadowns from the get-go, however the balance was he slowed down while charging which gave a survivor a chance to evade, and if Bubba missed he went into a long tantrum. That way he couldnt instadown survivors as base instantly from the start of the trial but if he caught survivors out of position, or they made a mistake and let him bodyblock a window they went down in one hit.

Then on the other hand you had a kilelr that can (and still can) casually walk behind a survivor with no real slowdown, aim it, swing, and if he misses its a miniscule small cooldown before he can swing again.

They will never balance Billy though. Hes been overpowered for so long the killer mains will never allow it and they tend to have the final say on most things

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,513

He was literally useless in the ptb so they put the overheat numbers down alittle bit and you guys are still complaining hes overpowered with no instasaw and a few nice but mostly crap addons?