Chroma
Chroma Member Posts: 37

monstrous shrine is cool

Post edited by Chroma on

Comments

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

My suggestion for Monstrous Shrine:
    Inside the basement ALL survivor perks are suppressed.

• Brawler
    Brawler Member Posts: 333
    The idea with people dying on the second hook is horrible. Would it be fair If I just left the basement, but the killer is quickly returning and hooking be back to the basement. In a result immediately removes 1 player from the game - almost an equivalent to the Mori offerings. I think we ain't looking for a perk like that.

Wolf74 said:

Yeah, but do we consider a buff to the perk or a complete rework? 
  • Wolf74

@Brawler said:

Wolf74 said:

Yeah, but do we consider a buff to the perk or a complete rework? 

Do you consider my suggestion a buff or a rework?
    I think it is a buff… and it is a much needed buff, that would make the basement even more dangerous and would reward using perks like IG or Agi, which are pretty much useless right now.

• Brawler
    Brawler Member Posts: 333
    Monstrous Shrine at the moment affects the sacrifice time, unsuccessful hook escapes penalties and lowers the chance to perform a self-unhook. The thing you suggested will make Monstrous Shrine almost completely a new perk, but still with the basement as the core of it. I'm not saying it is bad idea, because only 2 perks in the game actually somehow works with the basement (those are Monstrous Shrine and Territorial Imperative). Combining those 2 perks may be a deadly combo, especially while playing with the Killer that can controll the basement entrance effectively (LF, Huntress)

So that what I'm asking, if we are looking towards just increasing the values of MS and/or adding an additional ability to it or a complete rework, that would still keep a Monstrous Shrine as a basement perk, but would work in a complete other way or trigger some other deadly effects and disabilities for Survivors in the basement. 
  • Wolf74

Since IG got nerfed it is pretty difficult to bring anybody to the basement and the perk should focus on the basement and not get changed to affect every hook.
    But just affecting the sacrifice time doesn't justify the extra effort to bring the victim there.
    The basement is intended to be a dangerous place and the killers den, so I think my suggestion is pretty close to how it should be.
    For me it is just a buff to a perk that is pretty useless atm.
    And since it is very situational and limit to a very specific place, I do not see it overly powerful.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Bubbas Basement. otherwise useless.

BubbaLove

• KrazyAce13
    KrazyAce13 Member Posts: 330

@Wolf74 said:
    Since IG got nerfed it is pretty difficult to bring anybody to the basement and the perk should focus on the basement and not get changed to affect every hook.
    But just affecting the sacrifice time doesn't justify the extra effort to bring the victim there.
    The basement is intended to be a dangerous place and the killers den, so I think my suggestion is pretty close to how it should be.
    And since it is very situational and limit to a very specific place, I do not see it overly powerful.

that's why you should run agility i saw a video it said combined it gives you a total of 72 meters of distance plus the struggle difficulty and the time increase plus speed boost yea especially if you want to run a basement build the 2 also counter DS well at least of what i have noticed anyways.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Crazy idea, I know, but what if while a survivor is hooked, the shrine slowly (key word) reassembled destroyed hex totems one at a time based on struggle phases. Slower for first hook, with gradual gain as it lowers.
    Its a shrine so makes sense it would have influence with the totems.
    Keeps the perk situationally base around the basement, which make it hard to abuse.
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

One word:
    USELESS

• Wolf74

@KrazyAce13 said:

@Wolf74 said:

that's why you should run agility i saw a video it said combined it gives you a total of 72 meters of distance plus the struggle difficulty and the time increase plus speed boost yea especially if you want to run a basement build the 2 also counter DS well at least of what i have noticed anyways.

IG is weaker than Agi , but running BOTH is for sure a waste of perkslots.