Survivors: super toxic or am I just new?

I only recently started DBD, (a few months ago when I hear the Silent Hill stuff was coming) and have been having a great time with it for the most part. I try to play a mix of Killer and Survivor so that I get a feeling for everything but I have found that people who seem to main survivors are just awful to play with. They seem to not be interested in objectives or playing the game and instead go out of their way to antagonize the Killer and their own teammates. Is there something I'm missing?

Like, I've played multiple games where two people (obviously in a VC) took flashlights and just ran actively looking to blind the killer or lead the killer directly towards a group fixing a generator.

I am new so maybe they're trying to get an achievement or doing some strat I'm unaware of to rack up blood but generally speaking they then follow it up by insulting their team for losing or making fun of the killer for being bad. I don't really get it.

As the title suggests, is this normal or am I just missing something? It makes like, 40% of my games really unfun.

Comments