No hate or anything but are all of tru3talent's audience killer mains?

slim0b
slim0b Member Posts: 551

Listen, I respect the guy he's been in the game for probably longer than most of us and clipping since as far back as 2016 so this thread isn't about him as a person, he's gone through all the decisions the devs made and streams on the daily. And he's one of the few streamers who plays both sides really good.

But whenever I just watch a video of him to learn something new I scroll down to comment something like "oh there was a dwight over there!", most of the comments are like

"haha survivors can hold m1 to finish a gen and win, i wonder if theres a killer perk that will make you hold m1 on a gen and reset it"

80 likes

"gen speed bad swf bad"

200 likes

Like on most other channels you'd find comments that have a gag/joke/irony to it which get the most attention, but idk. It is just me who noticed that?

Comments

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Yea, I used to watch his streams all the time and constantly heard 'DED ARD'! Was really funny because he would say it with a straight face, all the time.

To be fair though, DH didn't used to have an animation and P2P connections were a thing. So a little lag or skip could fool some people. But yeah, was hilarious.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

If they are then they would fit right in on this forum 😉

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Just gonna say it cause I feel like it, but when you download the game and you see the original survivors, then you tab over to the killers...how can you not want to play one? I mean, really now.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

He plays both sides, so I don't see why his audience would be only killer mains, tbh.

• doomsday609
    doomsday609 Member Posts: 22

The thing is he plays both sides and mind you always SOLO survivor as the game is intended to be played and he does good at it. The thing is even when he plays survivor and he loops the killer he still feels kinda bad for the killer who should just leave him and find another survivor, that's why he tries to explain in most of his videos as killer what should you do and what to expect. If anything while playing he just has kinda gets fed up with all the ######### survivors have at their side especially in swf groups and while people constantly whine solo survivor is not fair or things like that, if he can play it at his level and only solo survivor why can't all just give time to the game and get to that level. Weather we like it or not this game is a competitive one since ranks are a thing if it was a casual game as many would want we all would be in one rank with all level of killers and survivors. For me the problem for solos is that even now most high rank players are boosted by swf and that is a fact which is why his survivor games are mostly no one doing gens everyone getting downed instantly and things like that yet his killer games are more survivors that bring the kitchen sink at him with comms, strong perk combos and skill. Keep in mind he gets not only killer comments there are a lot of nasty people that scorn him for some reason or another, so much that i kinda just want to tell him to tell most of these people to go f off and get some help sine they need it.

• Babyyy_Boyy
    Babyyy_Boyy Member Posts: 444

Most of them are killer mains. Same goes with Ayrun and Ussylis, their audience consist of survivor mains.

• Terra92
    Terra92 Member Posts: 583

That's a fair assessment. He's got his opinions just like everyone else. He just has a wider audience, impressionable new players who latch on to negative memes over constructive learning and end up parroting viewpoints that they might not have fully formed themselves, just absorbed through hours and hours of watching/listening.

Honestly it's a pretty common thing. You listen to people talk about negative things all day you start to believe them yourself, even when you haven't had enough experience to really have a real opinion about it.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

I dont personally think he is biased in any way. He plays both sides equally (I think he's rank 1 in both). So he knows which side is broken. People call him biased towards killer because he points out that killer is harder to play and win than survivor at his rank. I didn't believe him until I went and played at red ranks on both sides myself.

People would have started calling him survivor biased if killers were strong and easy to play. He rants about every problem in this game which just shows his passion for the game.

• Raven014

You can't make assumptions based on those comments alone. They only show a facet of their opinions, not their positions as a whole.

Even then, some are commenting on 4 man sweaty SWFs, one is commenting on mistakes Tru3 made, one is commenting on the devs opinions, and one is looking at a latency issue. And one points out a common Tru3 hater complaint and how ridiculous it is.

I do not think he is correct on some things, like how to use GF and Legion, but he is at least his own person.

• Raven014

Not only that, but he gets a stupid amount of hate on the forums. Mention him in any way and you get crucified by people. It is nuts.

• Zeus
    Zeus Member Posts: 2,112

He talks about solo survivor problems a lot. His only issue is SWF. Every time he gets into a huge chase, not many gens get done or every survivor going for the hook and he speaks about the struggles of solo survivors and also say that SWF wouldn't have this issue.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2020

I like watching him time to time. He can be very informative and he is just a good player.

But sometimes the whining gets annoying, like we get, we all have to deal with it.

But no, I do not think all of his audience are killer mains. I'm not :P

• Raven014

That is indeed a problem. People should make their own opinions by playing the game and reaching the level of skill instead of just watching someone complain and agree.

That is why I agree with some points he says, but not others. Same with Otz, Space Coconut, Scott Jund, etc. There are some parts I agree with, and others I do not.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Most streamers play all survivor or like 90/10 survivor killer split and claim it’s because it’s “easier to interact playing survivor.” Well no #########, it’s the easier role.

Im amazed at how much Tofu and Otz can carry on conversation while playing killer... I would literally miss everything if I tried to read chat while chasing people.

• Raven014
    edited July 2020

I think people have a tendency to just want to ban what they do not agree with. Which is against the whole point of dialogue in the first place. When Otz and True went back and forth with their videos, it was actually informative, because both had some correct and incorrect points.

The forums, every day, have at least one anti-noed post and one anti ds/unbreakable post. There are very polarized people on both sides of the game. Both do need addressing at some point, but at a state when the game doesn't take 5 minutes and feels like a bullying simulator half the time.

I think the issue with Tru3 is that he doesn't think solo survivor is a problem because he is good at solo survivor play, when it is far from perfect. He is very analytical, and he sees solo as balanced, but SWF and killer as not balanced (on different sides of the balance spectrum).

• johnmwarner

I disagree about the SWF assumption he always makes, I mean lately I’ve watched games where he mentions the survivors are in the top 1% of the 1% and it’s clear to anyone who has more than 50 hours they aren’t.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Honestly one of the main reasons I don't stream much. Playing killer takes my full attention and I'd end up having zero communication and just letting people watch me essentially. Sounds boring.

Then I could stream when I play survivor, but I play survivor to chill out and relax from the killer games. If I'm talking to chat that isn't relaxing to me.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

Im a survivor main, and im fine with Tru3.

I think most people that dont like tru3, dont like him b/c hes like... the gordon ramsay of DBD. He just says it bluntly, and doesnt really care what people think.

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

Of course, I agree. He plays solo survivor whenever he does play, and he has terrible games and good games just like everyone else.

• Blueberry
    edited July 2020

Not in relation to SWF, but in relation to him talking about playing the 1%, I will agree he does exaggerate that a lot. Sometimes they have been, but many times they're just a really solid group, not 1% though.

Even so, those exaggerations seem pretty minor to me in the grand scheme of enjoying watching him. I still approach all his game balance analyzing from a neutral stand point and he is general on track.

I think it's pretty important to approach someones ideas without a preconceived notion depending on your opinion of the person. That's why I don't give too much weight to some of the exaggerations he does indeed make.

• johnmwarner

Still fun to watch, still learning from his games and his chat, up entertaining, I wish nothing but the best for him.

When you get right down to it his community isn’t that different from most streamers, they all see “their person,” doing no wrong

• Blueberry

Same, he's a great guy. I enjoy his streams.

A lot of streamer communities can seem that way yeah.

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

That's because he is a killer main. I respect him for being an og but damn does he complain. Hes very killer biased and cant just accept he takes Ls. If he loses it's becaus swf, stretched res, etc. Its never his fault. He just complains too much I actually used to watch him a bit but it's too much now. He isnt even good at survivor but he talks a heavy amount about it.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yes and no. He is pretty accurate about most things, which is extremely harsh to hear for most survivors (it's not exactly fun when someone points out that all of you personal skill is invalidated by the fact that everyone could just hold m1 for a similar effect). However, a lot of what he says is similar to the twisted spoutings of mono-sided killer mains who absolutely refuse to play both sides despite that basically being a prerequisite for Tru3 to take your opinion seriously (whether or not it's okay for him to ignore "main" opinions is not something I'm gonna touch). So he's basically become this haven for entitled killers who want to blame everything on someone else, even though he goes on mini-rants about entitled killers all the time.

And yeah, he goes off about SWF quite a lot... But for very good reasons.

• clem1710
    clem1710 Member Posts: 275

Sure it's different from these survivor sided forums.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595

If a person prefers a role and see flaws within that said role then they like many people who paid their money for the game have a right to complain about it. Tru has no obligation to complain about survivor problems, there's several channels you could go if that's what you want. There are killers who feels that the role is not enjoyable and sucks. I don't know what would you have us do, be silent?

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220

I am a survivor main and I watch Tru3, he really helped me play killer... though I don't play killer often at all because its stressful as hell and it will be even worse playing against pc players (I play on console), so I'm pretty much done with killer. I am not a bad killer because of him tho. I do believe he favors playing killer.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

I agree with tru3's opinion about nurse, but i definitly disagree with wraith and bubba.

I agree with tofu's opinion about Billy, but heavily disagree with this opinion about nurse.

Just be yourself guys.

• NursesBootie

I define losing and winning with pips too. Just like the game itself does.

• Pirate
    Pirate Member Posts: 427

can you tell me those opinions? I dont watch both of them but would like to know what they are up to. thx in adavance

• NursesBootie

Tru3 thinks M&A plus Nurse's is one of the best perk combinations on nurse. He also thinks spirit is better than nurse, because She is way less map dependant and not infested with bugs.

On the other hand tru3 thinks wraith is top 3 with hit and run and old bubba was underrated, despise the counterplay to his build was literally dropping pallets a bit earlier.

OhTofu thinks old billy is the most balanced killer in dbb and that he offers enough counterplay.

He also thinks nurse is the best killer in dbd by far and got a very good rework.

• Roobnus
    Roobnus Member Posts: 375

It's more that no Survivor main watches Tru3, I guess that's why it seems like there are only Killer mains. He isn't exactly Survivor sides so why would Survivors watch him, despite the fact that he often plays Survivor?

Yes, Tru3 may be a crybaby that complains a lot but he has a lot of knowledge about the game due to his experience on both sides. If you check out for example Angrypug or No0b3 you will see the exact opposite, people will make fun of the Killers.

The community is basically split in two groups but let me tell you this; most Killer mains do actually play Survivor from time to time while most Survivor mains never even reached Rank 10 Killer - even after thousands of hours.