Does anyone have any hot takes regarding DBD?

Zaitsev
Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

Dont hold back. This is for a project

Edit: Feel free to politely debate with other commenters as well!

Comments

• Getya_Mad
    Getya_Mad Member Posts: 42

Yeah, can't wait for Baldur's Gate III to come out.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Pig is a High tier killer

How's that one?

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

The devs aren't done with Billy.

They're probably going to tweak the numbers again making him more punishing to use because their stated goal for the overheat mechanic hasn't been realized yet.

They want to limit player's access to his power, the current overheat numbers don't do this.

This is especially noticeable when you hear the praises from billy mains saying "He feels the same as before, just with addon changes".

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited July 2020

The Art team has put in more work then the bug and balance team combined it shows with the rift and the quality of cosmetics. (Just a joke maybe has a little truth to it)

In all seriousness Id say ruin is actually a top tier perk.

• Diet_Boi
    Diet_Boi Member Posts: 69

New Leatherface is at least b or c tier

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

That slasher needs to stop trying to hit me and let me finish my generator.

That survivor needs to hold still and let me down him. Other survivors are on generators and this displeases me.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
  • Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

Empathy is better than Bond!

Also, Deathslinger is far better than Huntress.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

Hag is the best killer

Bond/Aftercare/Empathy/Kindred are S tier and nearly mandatory for solo survivor (Kindred might not be such a hot take though)

Demogorgon is A tier

The devs try their hardest to appeal to the community, but the community is so divided that a large portion always feels ignored

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,986

2 or 3 man SWF actually balances the game.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,487
    1. The new Auras are good. They just need to be brightened up in intensity, and we're golden.
    2. Neither Keys nor Moris need to be reworked. They're both fine and provide interesting twists to an otherwise formulaic gameplay loop.
    3. Spirit should not be allowed to run Stridor. Change my mind.
    4. Survivors need to stop bitching about "missed" hits outside of projectiles.
    5. Killers need to stop bitching about gen rushing.
    6. It's not a team game. Other survivors are not obligated to come save you at any point; expecting them to is entitlement.
  • Inferno427
    Inferno427 Member Posts: 232
    edited July 2020

Losing 1 or 2 gens at the start is fine and to be expected. Losing 3 is stupid tho. Everyone spawns at gens and does them. You have to luck into interrupting everyone.

Dailies are too awkward to do. They range from "play a game as X killer" to ridiculous. Why does ghostface have to mark someone while leaning and down them when comparatively Myers just has to tier up 4 times. They could make it simply mark 4 people. They could do with more variety tbh

Endgame is the most boring part of the game.

• skarsguts
    skarsguts Member Posts: 179

Killer players are favored by the devs and actually have an easier time in game than any solo survivor ever could.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I don't mind the overheat, what really kills the experience is the constant screeching. I know this is the killer role and all, but this is a bit too many unnecessary frustrations, even for me.

• Waffleyumboy

If Deathslinger couldn't zone for free with his ADS, what kind of pressure would he be able to apply?

• Waffleyumboy

The pace of dbd is too slow, survivors should be more than just skins, solo survivors should have the tools to coordinate as well as swf.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Legion is underrated and almost never played correctly. They have to make second by second decisions that alter the course of the game, and must pick and choose who they go for. Almost nobody does this, and just chases really badly.

PH is a devastating killer that can deny most survivor toxicity, and is at their best when they try to be toxic. That is, I think, the problem most survivors have with him, that they cant abuse DS or Unbreakable against a good PH. They force any survivor to be cautious.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Demogorgon is an SSS+ tier killer and if you think otherwise you are an entitled killer/survivor/spectator main with minus 100000 hours in the game.

• Waffleyumboy

How is the second paragraph a hot take? It seems more like a way for you to bring up how toxic you think survivors inherently are, which is kind of a toxic thing to do all the time mind you.

• Raven014

Because a lot of people don't like PH and think he's mid tier. I think he is top tier, and because he plays best when survivors try to be toxic to him, when most killers complain about toxicity and he can just shrug it off...

No, I didn't complain about toxicity, and no, I didn't say they are inherently toxic. Only that there is toxicity and he deals with it. Read before responding.

• Waffleyumboy

So you think PH is top tier and is great for avoiding survivor toxicity. I agree. Also, I did read but apparently you didn't. You clearly state in your 2nd sentence that PH's toxicity avoidance is why survivors dislike him.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Kills do not make the killer, and everyone who thinks otherwise are the reason that the MMR system is being added.

The hunt is better than the kill. Yes, kills are nice but I find nothing more thrilling than ending a chase, or avoiding the killer at all costs.

Hillbilly's cooldown mechanic should have been introduced sooner. There was no real punishment for using his chainsaw before. Not like any other killer, anyway. He was too easy to play and has never been the true centre of balance.

• aintyomumma
    aintyomumma Member Posts: 3

okay this could be a horrible or a really cool idea... well actually i have two, but the first one is a map thats a maze, good or bad idk. also the other one could be an amusement park. the maze could be based on maze runner i guess and the amusement park idk.

• LordVoidron
    LordVoidron Member Posts: 146

You all are focusing on the wrong bits of dbd, the real question is when we are getting the blob 1958 chapter?

• Raven014

That is what this thread is about. Stating our opinions which we do not share with others. And of all of them you go after mine...?

PH has weaknesses. Inclines, pitfalls, weird pathing... etc. but every killer has weaknesses. Some are minor, some are not, but if a player knows how to mitigate/work around those weaknesses, then it is like there aren't any. For me, PH is top tier because I know how to mitigate his weaknesses and play to his strengths.

That isn't a judgement statement though, because of the survivors I have talked/written to, they dislike that he avoids DS and Unbreakable, which are two meta perks. I should have specified that it is the survivor-only players who dislike PH for these reasons.

I also think a killer that can ignore these things is necessary for the games overall health, as it makes them unreliable...

• Waffleyumboy

No need to hide your hot takes my friend, I'm glad I could help you bring them out into the open. I don't disagree with anything you just said, save for the assumption that DS and Unbreakable are reliable and heavily used perks. You're thinking of Kindred and Self Care, which exclusively have unreliability in the form of killer powers. DS and Unbreakable are unreliable because killer players use unique strategies when it comes to distributing pressure with hooking and slugging. Glad we could have a civil discussion.

• Raven014

Well, in my experience, 3/4 matches have at least 2 players with DS/Adrenaline/Exhaustion perk... At this rate I'm going to become a PH main instead of a Legion main... : /

Kindred and Self Care aren't really seen in the survivors I go against. If that is your experience, well, I would rather have that then the Meta builds I go against a lot of the time.

DS/Unbreakable is sort of reliable, because chances are there will be a situation where killers are forced to let it happen. I hate that part about those perks, that there will be a time where survivors make a misplay, but are rewarded by it.

I try to be civil. It gets hard sometimes when certain people engage with me, but I am glad to see that you are not how you initially sounded.

• Raven014

I definitely agree with Aftercare or Kindred. Having that teamwide knowledge is powerful!

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Almost all survivor skills are useful, and the meta is highly overrated. If you get downed with DS and get away, you might just go down again pretty quickly. Unbreakable only works if you're slugged, which I don't find happens that often. Borrowed Time is on the money for how good people say it is however. An example of a non-meta skill shining recently is Alert. It has always been a good skill, but because many said it was crap, it was forgotten about it. People listen to streamers far too often and don't formulate their own opinions.

Also agree with @RaSavage42 on Pig. I think she's fairly balanced, and a good Pig is scary. You just have to play her some what differently than other killers.

Bubba was overly buffed. This is just my observation from going against many Bubbas the last few days. He can out chase Sprint Burst. Your best hope is a window.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

True, but windows are everywhere on the map. At least he has counter play unlike... spirit. Delete spirit. PLEASE!

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

PH is at least A tier if used right

deathslinger is better than huntress (not by a lot, but a teeny bit better- this also depends on if you can aim well)

there are a lot of overlooked perks that can actually be useful (gearhead, new ruin, surveillance, blood echo, blood pact, etc.)

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

True. I mean, I like Spirit. She's a fun concept. She just needs some sort of adjustment that won't ruin what she is suppose to do, but gives her a counter.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

Wraith is among the top 5 killers of the game. Oh wait, that's just tru3 speaking.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

It's just a knock off of evolve done better. Or should I say more cohesively.

• RoyalMeowveon
    RoyalMeowveon Member Posts: 18

I'll hit with this one, I actually think Trapper is a very underrated killer. Not a high tier mind you, but far from bad. His traps when placed well can lock down incredibly strong structures better than almost any killer except Nurse with a bit of planning, and being placed down mid-chase can force survivors away from safety. Of course there's the problems of his terrible early game and his heavily reliance upon addons but I really do think with a bag and a Tar Bottle he is at least a solid B tier.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

Even though I really hate to say it but i think toxicity is a reason why people play and enjoy this game.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Dbd was never and has never been killer sided. People who d/c are the most entitled people who play this game. The devs are incredibly wise for not going to streamers for balance changes. Solo survivor experience hasn't improved as much as the killer experience.

• RareMeowSalt
    RareMeowSalt Member Posts: 2

Game lacks monsters. Like a tentacle monster, that likes to touch peoples butts.

Lacks alternative modes, like secret neighbor.

Need single player story against AI. Like dark souls type world, with killer bosses everywhere.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

All the broken little toys in the game would be worthless if DBD had an in-depth pip system. The Devs waste too much time on an impossible balancing act when what they should be doing is creating a win/lose system that's tied to how well a player completed their objectives instead of this moronic kill/escape system. Seriously, in a draw game 2 people win. #########, that's not fair.

• katsumodo47
    katsumodo47 Member Posts: 54

1. Moris and keys need to go

2. DS should only work on your first hook

3 tru3talent mindgames himself more than survivors

• MissMora
    MissMora Member Posts: 28

Linked outfits are awesome because they look like they function different/use different models and give the art team much more freedom.

yes this includes nea bc her normal outfits are not high waisted so the new one would 100% look messed up if combined with other cosmetics.

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570
    1. Game needs a Ranked and Unranked mode. Only Ranked can be played with SWF. Killers get a bp bonus for taking up the challenge. I’m not convinced that the PB is too small and nobody would play against SWF. I think killers want some games to chill, play with new perks, a chance to warm up AND THEN go to Rank for challenge and BP grind.
    2. More perks (for both sides) need a (up to 100% BP bonus) because both sides are chained to one specific perk, if they want to put a dent in the BP grind. Worse yet is that for survivors who promotes and rewards only a specific play style.
    3. As long as survivors can first hook suicide, killers should be able to open the gate and walk out the game their god damn selves.