Taking the game hostage

monster89
monster89 Member Posts: 147

so i just finished a game wich prob took 1 hr to complete. I was playing as clown in the swamp map. These guys 3 gened themselves and the last 2 hid all match. A good 30 mins or more passed and they would not touch a gen. Looked for them and even messaged them but they refused to play. And even taunted me to look for them. I ended up finding them in the basement and hooked one while the other got hatch.

This is unacceptable.

Is there a way to get report these guys besides the report after the match ends?

Reported them for taking the game hostage but this was beyond unacceptable.

Β«1

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • monster89

the worst park was one of them was actually sending me memes and calling me salty. I was like I just wana get this match done. Let's play. But they refused and when one of them got the hatch they mocked me by saying "imagine not getting a 4k". I was like are u serious?

• monster89

I know hiding too long takes the games hostage and it's reportable. I want to know , is there another way to report these guys besides the report system after the match? Hiding for 30+ minutes because they 3 genned themselves is not ok

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Nah, that's pretty much your main option. The only other thing you can really do is provide video evidence of them stalling if you have any.

• Nanglaur
    Nanglaur Member Posts: 124

Yes, if you have done the in-game report go to the "Support" part, you can find it on the right of this site, above the twitter box.

Here is the link to make it easier for you: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

There you can choose you add more information to a report or something like that, send all the info you have, Steam IDS required and stuff like that

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

Jesus, you're really willing to die on that hill when you're 100% wrong? People on the internet astonish me.

• TAG

Wrong on multiple accounts. The devs have already clarified this. Why do you ignore the fact that the devs have stated that this is reportable?

• TAG

It doesn't matter if you believe it. What matters is if it happened. Videos in the past have shown that this is very possible. It doesn't matter if the Killer is good or bad. If the Survivors refuse to make an effort toward escaping the trial and are forcing the Killer to spend a super long time looking for them, that is reportable.

• TAG
  • Liddy
    Liddy Member Posts: 33

This happened to me once and it was torture. 2 people left, they also 3-genned themselves. You literally can't FORCE the survivors to come out. It was on Sanctum of wrath too so guess how fun it was to try and look for them... I really feel your pain. I wish they could do something to prevent this from happening, crows do nothing because the survivors will avoid it using as little movement as possible. It is taking the game hostage because the killer can't magically find a blendette hiding in that one specific bush, unless they have the perks or right killer to do so.

• monster89

Dalty for not playing the game? Listen to urself. Im not mad I got 3k im mad that they wasted my time by hiding. If u hide the rest of the match because ur scared to die and u 3 genned urself then u gota be a coward.

• idektbh
    idektbh Member Posts: 129

ahm, everyone already explained to u and gave u facts that what they have done is reportable and u keep saying nonsense after nonsense... like, who hurt u? Are u ok?? Are u one of this amazing people who like holding the game hostage? What’s wrong with u?

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited July 2020

Camping Is in fact only referred to from the killer standpoint nothing to do with survivor gameplay.

This does constitute holding the game hostage as it does not simply cover blocking someone but also in this case the survivors are not actively engaging in trying to do the objective as they did not touch a gen.

This is bannable and has been stated as such many times by the devs.

The op of course would need video evidence to show this.

• Nanglaur

Im sorry but you must be pretty new around here. Devs literally have explained what they mean by those elements n a lot of streams and FAQ, etc. And what they have stated is what this guy described is a bannable offense. Holding the game hostage doesnt mean the game cant end without a DC, what it means its that a side of the game is preventing the game for progessing in a normal way, so, if survivors go all the game hiding without doing any gens, that is holding the game hostage even if you can find them after a while, the fact that they are not trying to do anything to progress the game is a bannable offense. The same goes for a killer who takes a survivor agaisnt the corner for a whole match or in the old times where killers where able to trap survivors in the basement stairs for hours.

About the "Afk" part, afk means away from the keyboard, so that only means that a player is doing nothing, literally nothing at all, and with that survivors will get crows to allow the killer to take them out, but if the killers goes afk the survivors can do the gens and leave. And that category is different from taking the game hostage.

The survival category is mostly about escaping the match, plus some bonus objectives like escaping the killer grasp. That is part of the emblem system and its one of the objective of the survivors, but in order to get that objective they have to get the gens done. So, not doing gens at all, means that you are not trying to get this category at all.

As far as I can tell you are a survivor who likes to hide, and thats okay, one thing its to hide and another is to do nothing but hide. You need to see that difference, because if a killer cant find survivors but they are doing gens, thats a killer problem. But if the survivors are only hiding after 10-15-20-25-30 minutes of gameplay without doing anything else that is a bannable offense.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 920
    edited July 2020

Yeah that's a hostage situation. Devs have said themselves it's hostage if the killer proves the survivors were not bugged out or stuck somewhere.

There's hiding, there's playing immersed, and then there's literally doing ######### nothing with you and your SWF buddy trying to get the killer to DC because the match has gone on for 45 minutes, not a single bit of generator progression was applied after you decided to start hiding, etc. It's like the old hatch standoff where if hatch didn't spawn because the survivor team couldn't manage to do even 2 generators, the last guy would always try to hide and hope the killer gives up and leave.

I think 5, 10, or 20 minutes since the last gen pop, (IDK what number would be best) stillness crows should start appearing and not go away unless you contribute a decent amount of repair progress.

Or, instead of the crows, after the "Yeah this match is officially held hostage. Survivors haven't done a gen in 15 minutes" threshold, the killer can open the exit gate and a half-duration "Sudden Death" EGC occurs (1 minute instead of 2). Survivors become exposed, their aura is revealed, hatch does not open, and the other exit gate remains depowered. (So they HAVE to go through the killer's door and deal with a killer who sees where they are at all times and can one-shot them)

I think there should be some emblem penalties for the survivors too if they were still alive in the trial when the killer opens the gate to start "Sudden Death EGC" since they "Failed" to do a generator and progress the match in a reasonable timespan.

And YES I know there's the ol' "Well the killer should try to find them if they're hiding!" argument but a urban evading blendette with spine chill is literally impossible to find if they're staying away from generators and simply crouch-walking around the map. And even if you were hiding to survive you'd still be doing generators when you're able to. If you're just hiding for like 20 minutes, no gens get popped, killer should be allowed to force the match to end since at that point they're just playing to waste the killer's time and BP by trying to bait him to DC.

EDIT: THIS is what I am talking about.

3-gen scenario happens, survivors waste an hour doing nothing. I get it, maybe they're looking for a key (As a 3-gen doc main I had a few keys used they found from chests) but 30 minutes is more than enough time to chest basement chest, and probably find at least 1 of the other 2 chests that spawn, provided no coin offerings were used. But if there's no key, you gotta commit to gens even if it means the killer finds you.

As a perfect summary for survivors in this type of situation:

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

You are oddly passionate about arguing against something obvious to everyone else

• Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195
    edited July 2020

Y'all The reason Shenochek is fighting the facts so hard is that he was in the game as one of the two survivors.

Honestly, just report it and see what the devs say. It is up to them to decide individually and not us. We can give suggestions and point you in the right direction, they make the decision.

• idektbh
    idektbh Member Posts: 129
  • TAG

I wouldn't call implying that OP is lying and twisting their story as being polite, personally.

• TAG

It is a fact that the scenario OP described is an offense that devs have deemed to be reportable.

• Samwise444

It is obvious that you weren't in the game, the chances of that are out there.

• TAG

Perhaps, but this isn't one of those cases. This is something that has straight-up been confirmed by the devs as reportable.

• Samwise444

Honestly, this post shouldn't even have this many posts. The answer has been given and the OP can decide whether they want to report or not. It has been confirmed by devs that this is something reportable... and they themselves can decide what to do with this ticket.

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190

It doesn't matter if you believe it. What matters is if it happened. Videos in the past have shown that this is very possible. It doesn't matter if the Killer is good or bad. If the Survivors refuse to make an effort toward escaping the trial and are forcing the Killer to spend a super long time looking for them, that is reportable.

With 3 poorly placed generators left, and 2 survivors remaining, the action that is the most likely to lead to your own escape is to hide until the other survivor goes down, and the hatch opens up. This is a type of prisoner's dilemma where showing yourself to the killer only benefits the killer 100% of the time, and in most instances the other survivor as well. The only other rational play is to purposely show yourself to the killer in order to actively lead him to the other survivor's hiding place.

I am yet to see a single link to a developer's statement or their quote in this thread that clearly states that using stealth in a 3gen- 2srv situation for as long as necessary is in fact illegal. In the above situation clearly one of them was able to escape, so this strategy was not pointless. No one walked away from the keyboard, no one held the game hostage.

In fact the developers have already put a fix into DBD: the crows eventually start circling above your head and making distinct noises to give away your location if you don't actively work on an objective for a set span of time.

• TAG

You suggested that the OP made no effort to look for them and was simply AFK when OP said that they were looking for the remaining Survivors. That is implying OP is lying.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 920

That's what the devs sort of added with EGC, and the fact that if all gens are done, the killer can smack the gate open to start EGC manually.

However, rather than urban-evade around the map after the gate is open until the killer DC's (Which wasn't that rare. Even if the other 3 leave, just one stubborn survivor hiding in the middle of the map could prevent the match from ending indefinitely), survivors are simply refusing to do gens. No EGC, killer can't manually open the gate to force the match to end, etc.

At the very least if no gens are done in 15 minutes since the last gen pop, the killer should be able to manually open the gate to force the match to end. If survivors are literally refusing to touch the generators for like a half hour, even if the killer is nowhere near them, there's a problem and it's a match held hostage.

In terms of "Well they'd have a mechanic if it was bannable", that's such a ######### argument. Nothing stops me from bodyblocking a survivor into a corner and going AFK with hatch open. After all, there's no mechanic where the killer loses collision after standing still for a prolonged period of time (Honestly, there should be.), so I guess that's not bannable either. (It is.)

• Nanglaur

Dude, take a break, everyone here is telling you what the Devs have stated about this aspect of the game. You dont want to believe in any of us, thats okay, but at least go check for yourself all the streams and FAQ until you get your answer. But stop pretending to be a "fact" person, because you have not stated a single one. You are just saying "you are wrong because what i think is different than that" at the same time that we are telling you "This is what the Devs have said"

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

What in the absolute ######### is going on here...my head hurts from reading certain responses πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I just can't anymore today.

It's holding the game hostage...

This discussion has been closed.