What's the point in doing gens?

thrawn3054
thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Honestly why bother? You get no points for completing gens. The amount of time you invest in them for the points you get out of them is an absolute joke. I am so sick of doing 3 gens and getting nothing for my effort.

Comments

• faff
    faff Member Posts: 68

slap on prove thy self and make sure to do them in co-op and you'll max out gens in like 2.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 784

you get to leave through the exit gate, which also gives you points.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Because literally no killer can counter generator speeds if the team just does their objective.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

You get a ton of points for doing gens. And if you complete them all you can leave for a quick 5k on top of that.

• ToxicAsf
    ToxicAsf Member Posts: 25

theres no reason for doing gens. they are there for fun :)

• JesterClown
    JesterClown Member Posts: 225

To Win

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I both agree and disagree with this. The reason why Killers get a lot of blood points is because they are constantly juggling multiple objectives at the same time: chasing, hitting, damaging/breaking generators and pallets, hooking, etc. But as a survivor you're always trying to actively avoid the Killer, and if you're successful in doing that and managed to do the generators without ever hardly getting into a chase, then you walk away with a pitiful amount of blood points.

Generators are part of the survivors objective, so like it or not they have to get done, but sadly if you're not mixing things up and doing things like getting into chases, unhooking teammates, healing teammates, breaking totems, stunning Killers, etc, then focusing soley on generators does you no favors.

Gen rushing might earn you a quick exit, but you'll ultimately lose when it comes to blood points.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

They buffed the points gained from Great skill checks to 300.

It was a great buff to solo players.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

True, but sometimes that's easier said than done, especially if there's lag. And risking giving up your position and regressing a generator all for a few hundred more bloodpoints isn't exactly all that tempting.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Skill checks, thankfully, aren't affected by lag.

I believe the only aspect that affects skill checks are debuff registration and Hex alerts.