Are you COLORBLIND? Let the devs know. Post it here.

Sylorknag
Sylorknag Member Posts: 760
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

Hi everyone, let me start by saying that I'm not colorblind nor do I know anyone who is.

Things is, it doesn't stop me from acknowledging that there is an entire community out there who rely on colorblind options to be able to play the game properly.

It's quite shameful to say the least, that after 4 years, we still don't have this option in place.

You telling me, that a game big enough to get IPs such as The Stranger Things doesn't have the resources to implement this feature?

Sorry, it doesn't add up. Every single game out there, from large companies to indie devs, seems to strive to get this option added.

There's no excuse, it's long overdue.

Try toning down on the Cosmetics for a month or two, and reallocate the money to get some people working on this feature.

Alright, so

I'm not colorblind, but I'm pretty sure there are plenty of you who are. I just want you to leave a simple "Hi, I'm colorblind".

Perhaps having lots of people "sign" , we can make them understand it's past time they added this feature.

Here's hoping.

Comments

• Bobulkomat
    Bobulkomat Member Posts: 5

I know a streamer who is colorblind. He sometimes complain about that so I believe that colorblind option would help him.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I will mention someone who is colourblind @LordRegal We need colourblind options soon.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Representing!

If I'm killer, Ormond is "look into the corner time" now. I apparently played a game against OoO earlier? Even struggling to make out scratchmarks since 4.0.

If you're on my team and I'm survivor, I hope the other team mates are up to it, as all I can do is gens and run. I can't make out any auras for rescues.

Oh well, that's 4k hours of my life I won't get back.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Agreed

• NeaMainNoob
    NeaMainNoob Member Posts: 21

Yes I am colour blind I have been waiting for this since 2017 when I started playing the game I have been struggling with seeing the auras and scratch marks not to mention some of the cosmetics

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505

I'm partially colorblind. I can still sort of make out the auras, but if I play Freddy, or as any killer on Ormond, auras are simply invisible.

This needs to be fixed by next week. This is abhorrent and never should have made it through their (non existent) QA testing.

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
  • ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I am yes. Blood can be very hard to track and Blendettes are straight up overpowered in some areas.

Also you broke Gideon meat plant. Some areas are so dark its hard to even see the killer. I’ve had to switch to low settings to get around this.

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

The colourblind people who could be playing aren't because of BHVR not doing anything about it. Even in the name of ######### capitalism they're not doing it. Bloody pathetic.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Blood is also hard to track on most undergrounds for most non-colorblind people and the auras will not stay the way they currently are.

i am all for colorblind mode but pls don’t make it beneficial to use that mode for non-colorblind people!

• ClickyClicky
    edited August 2020

So I did a test...

=====

Deutan color blindness (also known as deuteranomaly) is a type of red-green color blindness in which the green cones in the eye detect too much red light and not enough green.

As a result, red, yellow, green, and brown can appear similar, especially in low light. It may also be difficult to tell the difference between blues and purples, or pinks and grays.

======

Red and brown can appear similar, which explains the issue with blood, Blendettes, and some of the map textures.

Plz, nerf P3 Blendettes. I might as well afk on rotten fields against them 😭

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400

Their explanation for not including it seems pretty weak to me. "It could be used by none color blind killers to make it easier to see scratch marks, blood, etc" as in their explanation is that it can be abused......ok? When survivors can still team up and "abuse" voice coms whats the big deal with killers being able to slightly track better.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Yeep...moderate deuteranopia and moderate protanopia here...effectively my red and green cones both are at about half capacity, so take everything @ClickyClicky said up there and add in everything else until you can more or less say "if you'd use that shade as the basic "this is that color" I can see it, otherwise it's hard to impossible to see it," and that's what I've got. I'm fortunate that it's not complete on either of those, because complete deuteranopia and protanopia together would render me unable to differentiate red and green at all. As is I definitely can, but I know I'm missing a LOT of colors.

I'm totally willing to not have blood be changed because that would objectively give normal color vision players an advantage, but auras and scratchmarks are objectively supposed to be visible and I see no harm in letting us customize them so we can...actually see them.

• ClickyClicky

I just went against an Object of Obsession on Lery’s.

I kid you not, I didn’t notice they had that perk until I checked their load outs at the scoreboard screen.

Pretty astounding job so far. Nice buff to 4 man swf.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

Deuteronopia checking in

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

Lmaoo I had the same thing happen to me on Haddonfield, had literally no clue there was an object the whole game til I checked at the end as well. Was wondering the whole time why it seemed like they knew where I was hahah