Desicive strike need a buff

Options
Zetx
Zetx Member Posts: 4
edited August 2020 in General Discussions

Please read in full translate in your language. Notice: I am 100% sure that all of us who are old players in this dead by Daylight game will agree with me because they know how things were before, new players if they are going to criticize, inform yourself first. Dead by Daylight in times of 2017 was a great game, it was perfect both in killer and in survivor compared to how it is now.

They are going to take away the essence of the game. Look at the doctor, the nurse, the ruin and a lot of perks that have ######### over time (DESICIVE STRIKE) as well as mechanics. What I want with this is that all the players of this game reconsider and support me as the developers continue the game is going to end up dying what they have done lately has been a disaster

I was dissatisfied with this game since the nerf of Desicive strike in 2019 was not something necessary before criticizing me in this part I have my argument please read before criticizing we all deserve to be heard Desicive strike perk teachable by Laurie strode at level 40 since it came out it has been a very criticized and requested perk by nerf

.ok I understand At this point, this will frustrate several killers, because if the team had all 4 players wearing this perk, it would take a long time to understand that point, but was it necessary to render it unusable? Let's think please they are telling me that to occupy it, the killer has to hang up first after I get off the hook, I have 60 seconds of use, which is literally unusable

I heal and almost all the timing has expired, it is true that sometimes it saves you but how rare it is what happens almost never besides now it is so easy to counteract after picking up the killer will go for you and leave you on the ground wait 60 seconds and hang again before having done this destruction that they made this perk so much that they complained about the stun would have reduced it at least but from the beginning it is active or if they wanted it not to start active they could do that ######### mechanic of hanging you first and then they would unload you this active without time so it would be balanced and it would always be used not as they did now this would be all my opinion about the game currently that if they continue as they are now they will die slowly and believe me they will regret later .. Thanks for reading and I hope I come to you and take into account my request

Post edited by Zetx on

Comments

• Zetx
    edited August 2020
    Options

:0

• Zetx
    Options

First read it and then we talk there are my reasons and very good the truth argued and everything huh

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426
    Options

I get where you're coming from, this is because it doesn't fit your playstyle. Current DS is for aggresive playstyles. You don't heal. You instantly go to the nearest gen or go for a hook rescue with 0 consequences. Most of the time. Personally I don't use it, because that's not my playstyle and I'd rather have perks that would help me multiple times throughout the game over a perk that would help me once, if any.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

I didn't waste my time reading it. DS is fine. Stop trying to change every f'ng thing people. Take the hit and move on.

• GoodJobGuys92
    GoodJobGuys92 Member Posts: 102
    Options

No one wants to read that wall of text, but decisive is fine.

• ACTIV3_GNASHER
    ACTIV3_GNASHER Member Posts: 75
    Options

Was most certainly not balanced for killer in 2017 lmao, survivor is still the power role at the highest level but it’s getting better.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

First learn some grammar. Reading a wall of text is annoying. Learn to separate into paragraphs.

Second DS of old was incredibly OP. Even now a good DS can be game breaking with the right surv.

DS in its current state is fine and reasonable. It's a bit of a pain. Also you can tell who has it based on how they act.

• ColaGhost
    ColaGhost Member Posts: 36
    Options

I'm sure there's some good points in here, but this was of text is a goddang sleeping pill.

• Erk
    Erk Member Posts: 230
    Options

So, just because it doesn't work you want to force the killers to slug every time ? If you don't use it, that means the perk has done its job and you are not being tunneled.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,763
    Options

DS needs a buff?

• PercyJackson
    PercyJackson Member Posts: 11
    Options

First of all, why are you complaining about doctor. He got buffed, he's a lot better now.

Secondly, DS needed a nerf. It was a free ticket before, and if you don't remember the killer could juggle you if you were closer to the hook. I agree it should be changed but not the way it was before. Look at Scott Jund's video.

• Suwusie
    Suwusie Member Posts: 26
    Options

I stopped at “Dead by Daylight in times of 2017 was a great game, it was perfect both in killer and in survivor compared to how it is now.

• whiteixal
    whiteixal Member Posts: 23
    Options

i don't need to read your essay, just you saying DS needs a buff is enough for me to say that you have NEVER experienced 4 DS and some unbreakables as a killer on a shity map

a minute is SO LONG for an anti-tunnel perk and on top of that, it's very easy to activate if you wish so.

Just get in a locker or make the killer slug you. Both choices wastes so much time for you doing nothing while the killer either has to eat the DS, or slug you when even that may not be as effective.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

Are you asking for it to be reverted? I'm not really sure what your asking tbh

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

Absolutely not. DS now is still pretty useful. You basically have 60 seconds of immunity that's almost an entire gen and if they slug you bring Unbreakable and they can't do a thing about it.

I guarantee you 2017 DbD was not perfect for either side. Double pallets, bad map design, exhaustion not existing (Sprint Burst every 60 seconds of chase was not good), short gen times, old brand new part, pallet vacuum, crazy perk combos and that's only on the survivor side. 2017 was only good because people didn't know how to play the game but it's not 2017 anymore. It's 2020 and optimal survivors who already know how to loop with single pallets and exhaustion would wipe the floor with the killer if things were like in 2017.

TLDR : It's not 2017. Players aren't clueless on how the game works anymore and if things from 2017 were to come back this game would die because of how abusable everything was back then.

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335
    Options

I sometimes wish DS was scrapped in favor of an item (shard of glass) that is very rare.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    edited August 2020
    Options

So y

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

You know what I would be down to changed decisive strike so slugging doesn't completely counter it however

In return you have to stop people's ability from being able to cheese out decisive strike and I'm not talking about Locker techs.

If you touch a generator totem or if I hook another Survivor after your decisive strike is activated it should deactivate you aren't currently being tunneled you don't need an anti tunneling perk

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

If anything DS needs a nerf. Make it so it doesn't work on grabs/lockers. Also if I hook you, you get saved and I hook someone else. Your DS should deactivate because I wasn't tunneling you. Too many people get in the killer's face because they have 60 seconds of diplomatic immunity. They DS to piss off the killer and when they get caught again they rage quit because the killer "tunneled" them.

• Crap_Martini
    Crap_Martini Member Posts: 50
    Options

You forgot rage quitting because of being slugged, knowing that the killer is going to wait the 60 secs and then hook you.

• romerojoel
    romerojoel Member Posts: 35
    Options

Hi i was looking through the comments and i was wondering. Could you please tell me some playstyles and good perks for that playstyle. I am a little struggling with finding the good perks for my style.

(now about the discussion)

Ds is fine by me. I am a new player and heard that ds was when it came out always active. If ds is getting buffed. Stuff from killer side needs also a buff. but secretly something inside me hopes that is will be OP against OP except nerfed against nerfed.

• Cheers
    edited August 2020
    Options

Sure, what's your current playstyle like?

As for other ones, well, its hard to force a player into one. You could be someone who has a build around a chase, you could be looking to get gens done as quick as possible, you could be looking for a knowledge build. You might want to be a saviour. You might just want to have different perks from different playstyles.

Additionally, can I have your hours put into the game and current teachables? Itll help alot with knowing what perks you should use.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

That just means no matter what the killer does, the survivor will rage quit.

Eat the ds and hook them=rage quit

Slug and wait 60 secs=rage quit

Ignore them and look for someone else=not an option. If the only person the killer see's is the person with DS then it makes zero sense to give up on chasing them.

• Zetx
    Options

I have an idea of ​​a possible ds currently activating after they get off the hook with a duration of 60 sec (a bit of time for me) since it is very easy to counter. 

The idea would perhaps be to increase the time a little more by 100sec or 120sec, or after you get off the hook, to remain active without time so that the murderer would have his first hang up and survivors after having secured his ds, this is what the murderers would have done from the beginning. 

frustrated because they did not hang anyone for the ds but with this idea it would be much better I think that that 60 sec time should not exist remove it and that this asset after the 1st hang is a good idea please

• Bloodlust_Gamer69
    Bloodlust_Gamer69 Member Posts: 167
    Options

This is either bait or you actually need to clean your monitor and realize that there is a completely other side that is made of actual human beings and not bots that are there to give you points and free escapes.

• Shredder16
    Shredder16 Member Posts: 19
    Options

I would remove DS from the game or make it viable if you completed a generator only by your hand, does not apply if more people completed it.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

you forgot that the reason the DS stun of 3 seconds was changed to 5 was because enduring was reducing the stun to less than 1 second, and not only did they move it to 5 seconds, they ALSO removed enduring from affecting the stun BEFORE they moved it to 5 seconds and forgot to reapply enduring and haven't fixed it. sorry you feel this way but DS rank 3 is too long of a time frame and allows for someone to get out just because of the 5 seconds and before you say slug away, i just did, they crawled on top of hatch and their SWF team mate left when they were on there forcing me to pick them up and let ds happen when the hatch opened and they got out instantly.

here you go: first hook, killer runs off and comes back to hook and player is already on a gen, not healed or anything, but stays on the gen, or jumps into a locker forcing the ds. my changes to this are: change time frame to 30/38/45 seconds, ds deactivates (saving timer position) when on a totem, gen or in a locker. Deactivates completely once 100% healed. this will cause them not to be able to force a ds. this actually can "prolonge" how long you have ds but it won't let you get on a gen and be pickup proof because of that for 1 minute.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Dbd was perfect in 2017

Stopped reading right there.

• LeaderoftheSaints
    LeaderoftheSaints Member Posts: 162
    Options
  • bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Don't forget some tiles were even stronger, L wall T wall pallets, Jungle gyms with both 2 windows and 2 pallets, shack with 2 windows

• romerojoel
    romerojoel Member Posts: 35
    Options

my current playstyle is getting chased (distraction kinda thing) because i want to get better with looping. (only thing i am able to loop for a bit time is shack)

my hours probably 100-200.

my teachables: every perk from: kate, feng, dwight, bill, meg, tapp, laurie, claudette, jane, david (except no mither) and jake (except saboteur)

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

why would anyone think ds need a buff.🤷

• Cheers
    Options

Well you have two options with that. Either keep that playstyle or change it.

If you keep it I'd say Dead Hard is a must. Helps you extend loops and dodge attacks a lot. Second perk would be Windows of Opportunity just to learn loops, you can change this with experience or just not use it if you don't want to. Third I'd say Iron Will, as good killers will listen for grunts of pain during a chase. Finally I'd say use Spinechill. Allows you to get the early run on the killer which can be extremely beneficial.

As for changing it if you want to, which I wouldn't reccomend as you want to get better at looping, is a mix between a chase and gen build. Prove Thyself, Bond, Spinechill and any exhaustion perk of your choice.

• Rednozlax
    Rednozlax Member Posts: 1
    Options

You know alone at the title I was going to move on but I though hey, maybe he does have a good point.

And after reading it, no, not convinced, just because it isnt guaranteed 100% of the time that you get to use it doesn't mean it needs a buff, like, every other perk is like this, you risk having a perkslot less for a perk which can either turn the tables or screw you up completly with the fact that you could have been using something else. If you hook a survivor right infront of the gate and they get unhooked you can't pick them up because of the 1 min Ds timer and they'll just crawl out.

Ds is fine as it is, doesn't need a nerf (or not a big one) and doesn't need a buff

• mentalpopcorn
    mentalpopcorn Member Posts: 181
    edited August 2020
    Options

DBD has a very unhealthy community. Since it is killer vs survivors you're going to constantly find threads of "nerf this killer/perk it's too op" when that person has only had experience playing against it and never with it. Like the deathslinger is op argument, it's ridiculous. Everyone's in this "it needs to be nerfed" mindset. So instead of power creep we're seeing and endless line of nerfs on beloved killers and perks that just end up making the game more boring and frustrating. An example would be nurse. Her kit before was super fun to use, albeit really strong. She did need a nerf, yes. But they nerfed her in a such a way that unless you're a genius with her ability, she is the most insufferable killer to play as. The entire learning process is "well I'll never catch a survivor until I learn this ability because survivors literally outrun me" and the ability is clunky and weird to use. Yes, nurse is still very good in the right hands. But for people who don't have 1000 hours on nurse why would you pick nurse over literally anything else? Even against experienced nurses it's very easy to dodge now.

First I'd like to say I'm a killer main. Second I'd like to say, DS is a very balanced perk right now. The only unfair thing about it is hopping in a locker for complete safety. There are a lot of killers out there that will just take this as a free down and hook for the survivor that just got rescued with now the only counter to this sort of tunneling being borrowed time. I will admit the borrowed time/DS combo is annoying, but there's nothing worse than going down at the hook you were just rescued at with no defense against the killer.

• SloppyKnockout
    SloppyKnockout Member Posts: 1,505
    Options

Slugging doesn't counter it. Saying "just slug" is like telling survivors "just don't get caught by the killer 4Head".