Urban Evasion or Adrenaline

Link
Link Member Posts: 135

I run Iron Will, Sprint Burst and Self Care but i cant decide what my 4th slot should be. Adrenaline is situational and can basically be a dead perk if you die early, but it has always gotten me out of nasty situations. It also wakes you up when against a freddy and pairs well with my sprint burst since it ignores exhaustion. Plus while it may be situational the 5 second sprint burst is always nice no matter what im doing. And then theres Urban Evasion I do and dont like how it basically removes the need to walk and how im always gonna have another finger on a designated crouch button. I've gotten used to walking around something to not get seen rather than use this perk. But it does open even more ways to hide like as i said before but with smaller props, it also pairs well with my iron will and really helps out against nurses and it also makes fighting hag a piece of cake.

Comments

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

1 perk counter freddy
    the other perk counter nurse, hag (hard), Myers, Spirit and can save you after successful pallet stun.

If you want to be efficient - UE, if you want clutch moments = Adrenaline.

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

Plus, I would pick WGLF if I were you :D

• Link
    Link Member Posts: 135

but it doesnt give any actual benefit other then bloodpoints, and i've got all the teachables

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited September 2018

I always run SB, SC, IW, and UE. UE is worth it. It has saved my ass to many times too not be worth it. Couple that with Iron Will and you have a great loadout

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,906
    edited September 2018

Urban evasion. You will always use it in every match, whereas adrenaline is very situation dependent.

• JustJess
    JustJess Member Posts: 154
    edited September 2018
    I'd say to to switch Iron Will with Urban Evasion. I find Urban Evasion a really nice perk which is great for every situation, so many times I move fastly without being seen, or able to hide behind a tree/rock in circle without the killer noticing me.

I used to think this build was great too, but after some plays I felt Iron Will was... just too situational and kind of useless. Yes the being quiet is good but I just heal myself with Self Care anyway...

I'm rank 1 and my current build is: SC, UE, We'll make it and Premonition. This just fits to my playstyle since I like to unhook people in a safe way and being their heroine, so I need to know where the killer is with Premonition and We'll make it to heal them in 4 seconds after unhooked them.

The build you described fits more with the stealthy survivor so if you really want to run Iron Will still pick UE instead of Adrenaline. A suggestion is to remove IW and try few games and check if it really feels essential. I used to run Sprint Burst but I felt I could do great too also without it, same thing with Iron Will.
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Link said:
    I run Iron Will, Sprint Burst and Self Care but i cant decide what my 4th slot should be. Adrenaline is situational and can basically be a dead perk if you die early, but it has always gotten me out of nasty situations. It also wakes you up when against a freddy and pairs well with my sprint burst since it ignores exhaustion. Plus while it may be situational the 5 second sprint burst is always nice no matter what im doing. And then theres Urban Evasion I do and dont like how it basically removes the need to walk and how im always gonna have another finger on a designated crouch button. I've gotten used to walking around something to not get seen rather than use this perk. But it does open even more ways to hide like as i said before but with smaller props, it also pairs well with my iron will and really helps out against nurses and it also makes fighting hag a piece of cake.

You already summed up the pro and cons pretty well.
    It's either a perk that will always be slightly useful or one perk that could save your behind every couple of matches.

From a killer main point of view, I dislike Adr more. :p

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Might I suggest Borrowed Time?

In my opinion, it's one of the best survivor perks for pipping. Easy benevolence points.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    I used to run Urban Evasion on my Meg but I switched it for Self Care. My main loadout is Sprint Burst, Decisive (oh well call me what you want but I’ll run what I want), Adrenaline, and Self Care. I run the typical meta build but it’s the best build for pipping hands down. I might switch DS for Deliverance when the new survivor is released. To answer you question, I usually run Adrenaline over Urban Evasion but it depends on your playstyle. If you play stealthy then run Urban Evasion...if you find yourself injured a lot and being the distraction character then run Adrenaline.

Question...so if the killer hooks you and you have Deliverance as a perk and the last generator popped and you unhook yourself and you also have Adrenaline...will you still have the broken status effect or will Adrenaline ignore it?
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    MegMain98 said:
    I used to run Urban Evasion on my Meg but I switched it for Self Care. My main loadout is Sprint Burst, Decisive (oh well call me what you want but I’ll run what I want), Adrenaline, and Self Care. I run the typical meta build but it’s the best build for pipping hands down. I might switch DS for Deliverance when the new survivor is released. To answer you question, I usually run Adrenaline over Urban Evasion but it depends on your playstyle. If you play stealthy then run Urban Evasion...if you find yourself injured a lot and being the distraction character then run Adrenaline.

Question...so if the killer hooks you and you have Deliverance as a perk and the last generator popped and you unhook yourself and you also have Adrenaline...will you still have the broken status effect or will Adrenaline ignore it?
    My guess is that Adrenaline will trigger after Broken ends.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Link said:

I'd highly recommend changing your build to:
    Deja Vu
    WGLF
    Prove thyself
    No Mither
    Great perks no killer will expect to see!

This comment has been approved by the Killers association AKA Nea and the pussycats

• Depy
    Depy Member Posts: 23

If you feel you need urban and cant win without it go with urban, if you' dont relie on urban use adrenaline, if you get hooked when the last gen is done you get of full health, you wake up against freddy, well you should never lose to a freddy .-. sprint burst away and get that escape

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429
    edited September 2018

Adrenaline is superior if you are good at looping, urban is the obvious choice if you want to avoid chases.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

There were matches when I took the agro for my teammates to finish the last generator.

There were matches when I got hooked before the last gen, and got away with adrenaline even though the killer was camping me.

There were matches when 3 of us were getting slugged and adrenaline saved all of us when the last generator was completed.

In one of the matches I was using borrowed time. I was working on a generator and it was around %85, and the hooked survivor was about to die. I saved him, the killer get a hit and the timer went off, I quickly completed the generator and she survived. If she didn't equip adrenaline she would be dead.

There is no shortage of plays you can make with adrenaline. It is very situational when only one person uses it but when everybody uses it ,which is the case for high ranks, it becomes really powerful.

I would go with adrenaline.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

@MegaWaffle said:

@Link said:

Deja Vu
    WGLF
    Prove thyself
    No Mither

This comment has been approved by the Killers association AKA Nea and the pussycats

Depending on the killer, No Mither is an invitation for the killer to tunnel you, because they believe it's an easy kill. I am primarily trying to get all my characters to Level 10 so I can get the "Adept ---" achievements, and I only have Min and David at Level 15 for 4 perk slots.

For David, I am currently using: No Mither, Resilience, Dead Hard, and Deja Vu. Really wish I had This Is Not Happening, but oh well. Being "stuck" at Level 15 for the next while as I get all of my characters leveled up, I don't have much access to a great number of perks. I might have to switch out Dead Hard, because the last several matches, I press the button when I am about to get hit, but it doesn't trigger the ability (no Exhaustion either). If I get too tired of David's perks, I have Min to use as well, though I don't remember what perks I have available for her.

I want to play killer, but it takes far too long for just one person to join up (and immediately leave).

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@CoolAKn said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Link said:

Deja Vu
    WGLF
    Prove thyself
    No Mither

Depending on the killer, No Mither is an invitation for the killer to tunnel you, because they believe it's an easy kill. I am primarily trying to get all my characters to Level 10 so I can get the "Adept ---" achievements, and I only have Min and David at Level 15 for 4 perk slots.

For David, I am currently using: No Mither, Resilience, Dead Hard, and Deja Vu. Really wish I had This Is Not Happening, but oh well. Being "stuck" at Level 15 for the next while as I get all of my characters leveled up, I don't have much access to a great number of perks. I might have to switch out Dead Hard, because the last several matches, I press the button when I am about to get hit, but it doesn't trigger the ability (no Exhaustion either). If I get too tired of David's perks, I have Min to use as well, though I don't remember what perks I have available for her.

I want to play killer, but it takes far too long for just one person to join up (and immediately leave).

First question: What platform are you and secondly what rank?
    I assume you are rather new to the game and if you are still above rank 15 you might have slow lobbies. Once you get to 15 all the way down to rank 1 you will find things speed up rather quickly. If its Bloodpoints you need I would recommend playing Doctor as it is very easy to max out his deviousness and hunting category for points. If you have Leatherface he too is very good for Bloodpoint farming as his perk BBQ and Chili grants a ton of extra BP at the end of the match. This would help speed up the grind for you so you can farm more perks on your survivors should you require it, and provide some new unique game-play changes.

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

@MegaWaffle said:

@CoolAKn said:

@MegaWaffle said:

@Link said:

Deja Vu
    WGLF
    Prove thyself
    No Mither

First question: What platform are you and secondly what rank?
    I assume you are rather new to the game and if you are still above rank 15 you might have slow lobbies. Once you get to 15 all the way down to rank 1 you will find things speed up rather quickly. If its Bloodpoints you need I would recommend playing Doctor as it is very easy to max out his deviousness and hunting category for points. If you have Leatherface he too is very good for Bloodpoint farming as his perk BBQ and Chili grants a ton of extra BP at the end of the match. This would help speed up the grind for you so you can farm more perks on your survivors should you require it, and provide some new unique game-play changes.

I play on PC and Killer Rank 20. I very rarely play killer. I played killer a lot during the BBQ event, but it was only to get the survivor chops, not to really win. I can't say I'm 'new' to the game, unless you count within the last few months. I have all of the characters, except for Curtain Call, which I will get along side the new DLC whenever it comes out.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

Adrenaline is awesome.

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

I love Urban Evasion, I've avoided the killer so much using it, and it's also nearly a must have perk against the hag. Adrenaline is nice, but urban evasion is just too useful in every single map and against just about any killer.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    You won’t need adrenaline if you never get downed because your crouch is as fast as walking. 

I started leveling Claudette for sc and chose Nea next for ue specifically. It is so handy, especially against Hag who I encounter a lot on PS4. 

When I get downed and I think adrenaline or unbreakable would be useful, usually we need to get 4 or 5 generators done still. 
  • CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    edited September 2018

Adrenaline+Hope over Urban Immersion or Iron Will

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Sarief said:
    Plus, I would pick WGLF if I were you :D

you mean WGFF (were gonna farm forever)