SWF

In order to play swf mode every player will be required to have the same clan tag next to his name when in swf. Clan tag will be visible to the killer in the lobby before the game.

Comments

• Maxi605
    Maxi605 Member Posts: 145

So, basicly implementing a new clan system?

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

The killer will know when he's going up against swf on coms.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@HellDescent said:

Survivors join at the same time = SWF

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

just make it visible for the killer, when he faces SWF. Put a mic symbol next to their name, problem solved. lett the dodging party begin, friends!

• Torixon
    Torixon Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2018

SWF is an interesting matter when it comes to this game, and even though at high level gameplay, it is survivors who are still considered to be more powerful (last I checked, I wonder how the recent changes to exhaustion perks has affected that since I tend to play a wide variety of games, and thus, am rather infrequent on this game), we should still consider both sides of the argument.

As a survivor, it really sucks to be stuck in low ranks solo-queueing since you have no idea how helpful/new other players may be, and how that may hinder you as a team, but in high ranks as killer, a 4-man SWF is frequently a complete headache. Being able to show a killer (and possibly the other survivors) right away how many people are grouped together (the concept of seeing multiple people join at once isn't reliable, since it may just be coincidental, and the time it takes to browse profiles leaves you with no time to adjust your loadout to retaliate to theirs) would be an excellent addition, especially considering how the killer is considered the host of the lobby.

My secondary thought on this topic was to just make SWF so that you could only play with one friend, that way, the survivor could be guaranteed to have at least one reliable friend, but the killer isn't overwhelmed by a 4-man team practically "bullying" them as some jokingly say. I could understand the wish to play with more people on your side as a survivor though, so I'm a little more hesitant on this latter concept.

Post edited by Torixon on
  • HellDescent

@Master said:

@HellDescent said:

It doesn't mean its swf. On ps4 I never had to wait for people to join for more then 15-20 seconds and they always join together.

• Master

@HellDescent said:

@Master said:

@HellDescent said:

It doesn't mean its swf. On ps4 I never had to wait for people to join for more then 15-20 seconds and they always join together.

It doesnt mean automatically that its SWF, but the chances are high if they join at the same time (same second).
    A very good indicator for SWF is when they join in so fast after each other that the lobby "laggs" and the sound that plays when a survivor joins messes up because of the multiple survivors joining.
    Since you only wait 15 sec for a new lobby you can easily dodge large SWF if you wanna avoid them

• HellDescent

@Master said:

@HellDescent said:

@Master said:

@HellDescent said:

It doesnt mean automatically that its SWF, but the chances are high if they join at the same time (same second).
    A very good indicator for SWF is when they join in so fast after each other that the lobby "laggs" and the sound that plays when a survivor joins messes up because of the multiple survivors joining.
    Since you only wait 15 sec for a new lobby you can easily dodge large SWF if you wanna avoid them

As I was saying before there is no difference the way they join on ps4. I always get lobbys with 4 survivors joining at the same time. DBD was free on ps plus so there's a ton of people playing. There is no wait time as there's no time gap between survivors joining in and the laggy sound/video effect is always there.

• Master

@HellDescent said:

@Master said:

@HellDescent said:

@Master said:

@HellDescent said:

As I was saying before there is no difference the way they join on ps4. I always get lobbys with 4 survivors joining at the same time. DBD was free on ps plus so there's a ton of people playing. There is no wait time as there's no time gap between survivors joining in and the laggy sound/video effect is always there.

Are there stats how many players are playing on PS4 so that we can compare to PC?
    I dont play myself on PS4, so I cant judge

• HellDescent
    edited September 2018

My guess the majority of players do since it's free, ps4 has nearly x2 more sales then xbox and considering you can't get banned from DBD at all, even for cheating - it's up to sony, the games are a lot more toxic. You can only get banned for ps4 code of conduct breach from psn. Same goes for the xbox.